pirate kake pipe tobacco

Still very smoky. It was a suicide. Cornell and Diehl: Pirate Kake 2oz Tobacco: Burley, Latakia, Orientals Cut: Cake Blend Type: English Strength: Medium Your Price: $11.05. Non credo sia una occasione mancata della C&D, la scelta di un tabacco Latakioso praticamente puro. If there were negative stars, Pirate Kake would earn them. Not quite balanced, but nearly so. Leaving a creamy and peppery aftertaste that lingers, this is a modest Latakia bomb, and maybe my favourite Latakia blend yet! Purchased From: Dubini, Chiasso (Switzerland). The taste is a rich, creamy, smooth almost minty flavor with latakia dominating the senses. I initially bought a tin, liked it, then eventually bought a pound brick which I placed into two of the large mason jars. If Nightcap is Wagnerian, this is a brass band. Any drying, IMHO, would lessen the wonderful smokiness, which is the star attribute here. The rich smoky, leathery, earthy, woody, incense-like, sweet Cyprian Latakia is the star component, comprising 70% of the blend. The orientals make a nice showing with a nice spicy finnish. For each referral! Historic volume and value sizes, company and brand market shares. Rating: 5 out of 5 big hoop earings and cutlass', Enjoy. Smooth, full flavoured, smoky, with mild tangy spicyness. This one stays creamy mild all the way, an occasional sourness & then sweetness, both pleasant, don't really shake up the Latakia's prominence. and orientals. Update 01/19/06- One thing that wasn't put in my original review is that Pirate Kake is a wonderful DGT tobacco, in fact sometimes I think I prefer to smoke it after a few hours left in the pipe. Burning pyres to the ancient Sumerian gods in Babylon. Barely any sweetness in the blend, and if you do find it, it doesn't stay. Deep flavor but not over powering. And so I will begin with the tin note. Full in taste but medium in strength. With a total of almost 9 years of age on my batch, the Latakia really tones down into something similar to Syrian Latakia. In the pipe it was hard to discern the accompanying tobaccos from the Latakia. Definitely recommended. I'm really starting to like C&D crumble cakes. My significant other, who is a real trooper for not complaining about me smoking pipes in the house, left the room as the aroma was a bit much for her. . Break off a piece of this "dark chocolate" brownie, break it up, and stuff away. However, when the mood strikes, Pirate Kake may just hit the spot. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. Prepariamo il tabacco e riempiamo la pipa, di solito utilizzate pipe ampie, laccensione rapida, un fine aggiustamento di pigino e via. All rights reserved. That's not a negative statement, just an observation. Don't let this review throw you off of the stuff you may like it. I love it. We all know that to us Cyprus is famous for its Latakia, but I must wonder if this one is not prepared over orange wood fires (orange orchards being another forte of Cyprus). Mix in a little cavendish burley, add a touch of the Turk,and press this in a 70,000 ton vise and you have PIRATE KAKE! Yeah this is what I wanted for a good old Latakia BBQ. I hope I never take this masterful Blend for granted. Well, it really depends on where you are. Will save this for chilly, rainy nights. I LOVE THIS BLEND! If you really like latakia and turkish go for it. Pirate Kake is definitely a blend which begs to be smoked out-of-doors. This was a blend I have been searching for because I love latakia but it is such a mild to medium and just tends to be low on the nicotine level sadly. Be aware of not have any other EM in your rotation bc this is the kind of tobacco thats affect your taste for ages, after a few bowls of PK you cannot feel any latakia in other mixtures. My all time Lat bomb. Age When Smoked: Fresh, as far as I can tell. Conclusion: A very interesting and heavy blend. I get a kick out of the one-star reviews. A cool, even burning, thick smoke with an even better smokey aroma that I just love to go back too. I bought this because I found a 6 year old tin at a local B&M. I find the blend very relaxing and I am still working through the sample ounce I purchased. This was confirmed by the frequent relights during the first half of the bowl - mea culpa. I enjoyed it because of that. I am not quite sure how to fully describe this tobacco. It really is. Stinky dirt!" It smoked cool and dry, leaving behind only fine ash. For a while I drifted away from the Smokey One, as my taste buds craved more complex blends. But Pirate Kake is definitely in that ball park IMHO. :) Strength is mild to medium because you cant take a lot of vitamin N from the latakia or the oriental, maybe from the burley but I dont think its a lot of burley in this. Finally another Latakia forward mixture without any Virginia. I mix it three parts Dunhill Early Morning Pipe to one part Pirate Kake. LATAKIA! I use the term ?blend? I am a Latakia lover, and have from time to time smoked straight latakia and turkish, but this may be too much. This tobacco is incredibly smooth and cool to smoke. The turkish and burley add nothing. I've never smoked a blend with this much Latakia and would not have, had it not been given to me. Once you puff it very slow it will reveal beautiful oriental spices - peppery cardamom and pine needles - never overpowered and with a nice complexity. While writing a review for Bow Legged Bear, I was reminded of how much it is akin to this. Could replace G.L. It is now my go to and hav at least one bowl per day. It was a half ounce. Just what I like. The mixture is creamy, dry, woodsy and with a lot of peat accents. Sweet smokes everyone. I know it says there is some orientals in there, but I don't know. For it IS a fun and unique tobacco. The bars rub out easily enough, and the moisture content is almost right for smoking straight out of the tin, though 20 minutes of drying time doesn't hurt. Leaves Penzance (also 5 stars) a mile behind. I just want more and more. Since I've bought it, it did mellow out a little and is now quite a pleasant smoke, but I feel there are a lot of better thought out english/balkan blends to spend my time with. It can be a bit tough to get lit though. I also consider in the same level of quality as classics: 965, Dunhill Standard Mixture ad Presbyterian. I do note this is good for something different. Once lit, I find it stays that way with light attention to my sipping draw. comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment . Breaking off pieces of this luscious, indulgent cake, rubbing it out and preparing it in the pipe is half the fun. In the smoke the Latakia - even though being 75% percent of the blend - really smooth and silky. C&D Pirate Kake was among them. The presentation was a cube in the sample I got. MSRP: $68.00 2001-2023 STC Holdings LLC, a division of Mac Baren USA. Nakhla offers everything from traditional tobaccos like zaghloul, a blend . It's pretty impressive. But on the whole, about as delicate as a horse pistol in the ribs and a genteel invitation to walk the plank. Purchased From: a gift from Smokingpipes.com. Surprisingly to me with such a stated high content of Latakia, mild enough to start at day break and end the evening winds. I usually cut it like I would a plug. Also, or you use your bare hands to crumble it or a knife. This is a lovely lat-bomb. All these come to mind when smoking the kake. Tomorrow I am going to a local pipe store where the pipe club meets (usually two of us) on Sundays from 3-6 and let my compatriot try some. 2000-2023 Laudisi Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Mainly because it had to do with pirate. Absolute yummy. Still great stuff, but only for once in awhile, like after a charred steak dinner, or for when the urge for something immense and overpowering is desired. Highly recommended. Popped and greeted with the unmistakable aroma of a lot of Latakia. Then load intact chunks of cake and surround the chunks with the crumbles and powder. I enjoyed the tobacco for what it's worth, but felt completely satiated for a while. I received a free sample of this with an online order, and it quickly became my favorite. The latter of which adds a nice nutty sweetness to the blend. I don't notice the Burley at a sip, which is fine, since I'm not a Burley fan. There's also a sweet smell to it that mixes with the smokiness very well. A lot has already been said about it and everything that was said in favor of it is true. I like to rub this one out to be a fine ribbon cut consistency. It is true to its word, but C&D could tinker the blend and do better. It is not the smoothest and certainly not the roughest but it is full of flavor and delicious in my opinion. I like burley. Wow, this is heavy in Latakia. I find the first 1/3 of the bowl a bit harsh and smokey, but then it settles down into a rich creamy smoke that is on par with Penzance in my book. I can't help but wonder if it was named as an ode to seafaring rapscallions, or as a metaphor to the fact that you will find yourself digging for flavor treasures while enjoying a bowlful. Still I find it a smoother ride than say Star of the East or Pease's Gaslight.. Ill taste Latakia for awhile after smoking this, but thats not to say its an unpleasant smoke. . Now this blend is a real treat though because the burley in it. Pipe Tobacco. The flavor is not very complex; it is quality Latakia center stage, with just enough Burley and Turkish to round out the edges. I Highly recommend this blend to all latakia lovers! I am on my second tin now. This is a lat lover's dream. Makes you earn it's respect. Very full and satisfying. La latakia, su marcado sabor ahumado, y quizs unas notas algo dulces, protagoniza una mezcla que puede llegar a saturar a quien no adore la latakia. I poured about a tablespoonful of the rum into the bag and sealed it back up. The smokey latakia is up front (though I wouldn't consider it a lat bomb), and floral riding shot gun and mildly sweet in the back. sold out everywhere Definately in my top 10. I don't know if it's too much latakia at 70 percent, or if there's another something in there (burley?) Haharrrrr!! $10.99 Save 2% +-Add. 0. This one, on the other hand is a lat bomb, and for me is very tasty. Had a little bit of a time getting this to light with the high latakia content, but it worked in the end. c. Ali had betrayed the prophet Muhammad and therefore his descendants could not rule. Smokes slow and cool. It brings to mind Texas BBQ, charred wood, and outdoor cookouts. I absolutely love this stuff; it is smooth, dark, full and creamy. Everytime I try this tobacco, it's a new experience. Breaking off a chunk and rubbing it out with your fingers isn't difficult at all, but you might want to wash your hands afterwards. Mild to medium nicotine content. Bought this and smoked it right away from the tin. I was expecting a one-dimensional experience, but I assure you there is more to this tobacco than many give it credit for. Overall, it's good quality tobacco but my preference is a blend with less Latakia and more of a balance with other components. I buy i Pirate Lake is a full body English bend. Los orientales, sin poder notarlos en si, se puede decir que aportan ese toque de equilibrio y aromas, que permite saborear con gusto una mezcla que por su cantidad de latakia debera de ser de difcil fumada. I am currently puffing on this blend, in my Ser Jacopo Delecta, and I find this blend to be very mild for the most part. Maybe it isn't well balanced, but for an after-dinner smoke, when you have feasted on smoked meats, it is delightful. I was also surprised at the fact that I got a little bit of complexity out of this blend. I will recommend it for latakia lovers, and who knows once I have more experience I will appreciate the tin more. Now I know, and don't like it. I really like this tobacco once in a while, not an everyday smoke. Tried this for the first time today. It doesnt burn great, needs some relights but thats ok, were not in a slow smoking championship after all. It crumbled up pretty easy and packed up well. Pipe Tobacco Cornell & Diehl Berry Good No. Not much sticks out: Creosote.. Gunpowder, leather, peat. Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth. Nicotine content is low. Nic dose is fairly low on this one, which surprised the heck out of me because the flavor is so over the top. Amazingly smooth and heavenly delicious! My loyal first matey collie came in to join me and looked at the smoke and me and joined in for the fun. I am thrilled to find a blend where I can enjoy the flavor and spice of the Turkish without it being overpowering. I love the kake format, and will buy more. Its a straight, delicious, full tobacco. Details. The full-flavored body, woody and smoky aroma & delicious hints spice & leather - are what make this a Latakia lover's treasure. I am relatively new to pipe smoking. Small pipes just do not do this blend justice. Smoked in a new Missouri corncob to understand better the flavors and subtleties. I'm NOT a latakia smoker. Easy to rate, easy peasy: highly recommended. In addition, although the jarred cubes I had saved became a little dry, moistening them with about a shot's worth of golden rum per half pound will yield a blend that has neither equal nor counterpart. I don't know how long it will take me to smoke all this, but since I like to do a Latakia mainline once in a while just for a change, I will not mind having this in my cellar. The cavendish cut burley provides a little nuttiness, toast, wood and earth in the background. Had a light vinegar note on top. Usually right after work. Trusted SSL Protection. I've readjusted the ratings and highly recommend this blend very much. So, for me, this blend is rich, smokey, and spicy with the great flavors from the Turkish that mix very well with the Latakia. The flavor is one-dimensional and lacks any nuance. I don't have any problem smoking this. Pipe Used: Invicta PSF POY 2014 Blasted Bulldog. I think it smells great myself. A very straight and narrow taste profile with hardly any change. Individual reviews are the opinion(s) of the contributor and do not reflect the opinion(s) I smoked it moist, and it got very very hot. At first you are like.. wow this is fantastic. This blend is smooth and cool smoking all the way down the bowl and though I don't have a "sophisticated" palate, I know what I like and this is a great smoke! It's smokey alright. I suppose there are those who just can't get enough latakia who will like it, just as there are those who put an entire bottle of ketchup on their food. Smooth, super tasty. I have come to enjoy Latakia mixtures for the most part. Needless to say, the Latakia dominates from beginning to end, but it is not entirely one-dimensional. It's all Latakia. This is the latakia bomb of all time here. Pipes. If you like a whole lotta Latakia, go for it. It comes in a crumble cake and like all the C&D cakes I've tried this one is easily breakable and crumbled nicely. Loading was easy since this crumbled in to small pieces. Yo-ho Latakia La Bamba! Takes a while to get it going. I don't believe it has much in the way of nicotine and I would imagine that it is the cavendish cut burley that gives it the dark and full flavor. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. Hey gang! It is rich. Blends like Proper English, Mountain Camp, etc. About mid bowl it seemed to mellow out and I did get some nice sweet notes. Upon the initial false light, I noticed an interesting flavor: a slightly sweet, dry, yet herbaceous taste. Room note offends everyone and leaves that creosote like aftertaste that I enjoy. There is tons of thick white smoke, and it really is a lot of fun to light up. There, in the breeze, this tobacco really displayed probably what it was meant to be - a wonderfully tasty Latakia based press. It burns cool and delivers latakia flavor like nothing else except perhaps for Penzance. WOW, this is hearty. In my ridiculously long churchwarden the smoke was actually pretty mellow for a latakia blend. I smoke only virginias and perique blends. Although an excellent smoke on it's own this also makes a great blender. It was some of the nicest Latakia I have smoked in some time. $11.25. I smoked some the next day and I noted that it smelled similar to being in smokehouse. I must say that I was surprised at the smoothness of this blend considering its very high latakia content. Cornel & Diehl Pirate Kake Tin Pipe Tobacco. As the description above notes, ? This one is good for what it is, which is a lat bomb. Intensified if you will. This left no moisture in the bowl. It has a similar effect of a good Sichuan pepper, a bit of a tingling sensation on the palate. Pirate Kake is an interesting smoke, providing a full serving of Latakia. Copious amounts of latakia doubtful you'll taste much of anything else. Really like the piece I have come up with for this one. The terpene smell so indicative of Cyprian latakia is almost not there. Ok folks, this is what it is. This blend is a perfect example of how tobacco mixtures can be full flavored but still fall flat due to lack of nuance & slight to moderate shifts in complexity. This stuff, (yes stuff is the right word) is just plain brutal. Surprised that some found Latakia to be overwhelming as I found it just a little over medium in strength. No, that isn?t a bad thing! I want to give this 4 stars but I will hold off as everytime I try this, I detect something diffrent? A few more than average relights are required and that is okay with me. I had forgotten how much I like this stuff, but I still don't consider it one of my regular smokes. Right behind were the first mates of a mild earthy and mild woody flavor that played well together and led a balance assault upon my senses. It brings back good memories. She's OK with Nightcap, so that tells you how strong this one is. However after I killed a 1/4 pound I realized that I was spot on. Where's my jug o'grog? I wish there was a more consistent taste throughout on this one. The tin aroma is that of hay in a barn. Due to the descriptors I used, it is a smoke best enjoyed outdoors or in the privacy of your smoking room. Description. However, to me, this blend is terrific. If you LOVE not like latakia try this but good god come on man. If you want to try this stuff, you should probably put some away for a few years so you can compare the aged stuff to the fresh. because it isn?t straight Latakia, but it?s pretty darned close. This is the blend for the Latakia lover. I have smoked about 7 oz. The burley doesnt do much and the orientals need bolstering. If their is a smoother English out there, I have yet to find it. weigh anchor, set sail and sip for a bit. This blend is a real treat. The pressed cakes are good looking, somewhat moist and tightly pressed. It was good at first, then it started to wear on me. This is a nice cake, black in appearance, smelled smokey and robust. On the tongue this tobacco is sweet and fresh. I couldn't smoke this all day or even two days in a row but on a cold winter day this really hits the spot. Its reminds me of taking a handful of fresh basil and stuffing your mouth (but not as extreme,) and once the flavor has left your palate there is still a certain feeling present. You have been warned. Right up my alley as I burn wood to heat the house. But this one is just waaaaayyy to much Latakia for me. A full bowl of Pirate Kake burned slow and consistently. Smells of smoke and creosote. There's not much to say about this one, except Latakia. Overall, I do recommend it for what it is. It certainly doesnt disappoint and is a wonderful smoke. For as heavy and robust a smoke it is regarding flavor, it is also an incredibly mild smoke. It has a pleasant aftertaste. The flavor is smooth and fulfilling. This is a tobacco that requires you to take the time for it. I will cellar the rest of this heavy tobacco until I am ready for it at a later date. Although next to Aromatics I find english to be what id burn but next to my top aromatics I would burn this very fine pirate cake. This blend is the same thing as sticking a bottle of Ghost Pepper hot sauce on a table full of men who have something to prove to each other. This tobacco is much the same. A few puffs into the bowl, the Latakia smooths out a bit and it is just a great smoke. Cannot recommend this enough! Im a big fan of heavier Latakia English blends so I had to try this. I just find it has that lovely latakia s pice without burning me out. Not nearly as overpowering as some say. Like Latakia? I can't really pick them out. Latakia in capital letters, but smooth, evenly burning, never to harsh. Personally in the world of pipe tobacco there should be a blend known as Latakia based, with the "spice tobaccos" added in, which quite a few blends would fall under. Update 6/14: I had upped the rating on this to 3 stars a while ago as I began to appreciate it more when I smoked in as a leisurely, late night smoke, and not as a daylong choice. . I also like the fact that it is easy to load, no knife needed to cut as it crumbles in your hand. My Favorite Latakia forward blend, not for the smoker who only likes a touch of latakia, it has enough Burley and Virginias to keep it interesting, but the Latakia will take over. Si sente un eccellente Latakia, un vecchio camino acceso in una grotta, per spiegare la torba e laffumicato. I could easily do back-to-back bowls of it, but I'm not a new smoker so YMMV. Taste is med to full and cons istent throughout. Burns well, and tastes great. Very consistent smoke. Yep this and star of the east are extremely delicious tobaccos. Get exclusive updates on all our fresh offerings, sales, and promotions -- right to your inbox. that just makes this blend too much for me. Great blend. When I lit it up, my sample smoked like a purring kitten. Even stronger in Latakia than Captain Earle's 10 Russians (also a nice, heavy-Latakia blend.) Pirate Kake is not just a smoke; it is a true religious experience! -- UPDATE -- awesome blended with some Lane 1Q 1/3 Pirate Kake, and 2/3 1Q - marinate for a week in a baggie. It takes a few lights to get going (possibly my own fault) but, once its underway, it goes fine all on its own with minimal fuss and the flavor is latkia spicy creaminess that is very strong. One of my favorite after-dinner, sitting on the porch, watching-the-glaciers-move pipes is a "latakia parfait", constructed thusly: In a tallish bowl combine first Old Ironsides as broken flakes (bottom third), next crumbled Pirate Kake (middle third), and finally Commonwealth Mixture (top third of bowl). I find it creamy, smoky and wonderfully perfect. It's very mild and I wasn't pleased with it after my first try but I have to say: you must take it slowly because it's really something!Anyway, you can use it also for blending il you need a richer smoke.I like it and I will love it, I'm sure. I had ordered the Virginia sampler about 3 years ago, and did like the Pirate cake best so ordered an 8 oz. I do know it did not hurt it one bit. Simply THE Best!!! A pinch off the kake was easily crumbled in my palm, and one match got it going. To each his own. To many, this would be a heresy on the order of combining several single-malt scotches (perish the thought) or good wines. Whatever. This is by far my all time favorite tobacco. Goes well with the black rum, or maybe a stronger stout or IPA. A pipe is to be savored. Tin note is sour and latakia, tin date is 102617. Further down the bowl I detected a pine taste which was not bad. It doesn't bite me any, regardless of my technique, it's just a very comfortable smoke. Lat bomb that is. I like Burley tobaccos as well, I just don't think this blend uses it well. Pirate?s Kake does not measure up. With glorious color changes, leaves falling, and watching one of my German Shorthairs lock up on point on a grouse or a plump woodcock trying to remain undetected. Goes well with my one Halloween costume, which is a pirate, you should know that. That being said for me even staying within the same company I think you get much more nuance and flavor while remaining a great smoke from Stimulus Package or Da Vinci maybe even Mississippi Mud if youd like black Cavendish. I'll also add that this tobacco stays with you for a long, long time. Like a good childhood memory. I will look forward to trying the other tin after much aging hopefully mellows the lat a bit. There is zero burn on nose exhale, and no tongue bite. For three years now Ive been reading about Lat-Bombs in countless reviews, and I kept scratching my head: Ive smoked lots of blends with Latakia so what the hell is a Lat-Bomb? Latakia itself doesn't carry much strength so if you're looking for a nicotine wallop then you won't find it here. Earthy, smoky, salty, leathery and full. It has a smoked bacon with sharp provolone flavor !!! Highly recommended for lovers of Latakia: over 75% and yet not over powering. Similar Blends: Smoking straight Latakia. Smokes cool, slow, and extremely flavorful from char to dottle. A wonderful last bomb. Is it a Lat-heavy blend that explodes your palate in such a way as to make any and all future Latakia blends unpalatable? The expression Lat-Bomb has always been tossed about in such a disparaging way, I always assumed the term to be a pejorative one. This blend is a very heavy latakia blend and is a real treat for latakia lovers. Initial Flavor: Latakia! When I first got back into smoking pipes, a local cigar shop was getting rid of the pipe products he had - apparently not enough pipes smokers in the area. Taste like how it smells. What's not to love? Perfect flavor & strength. Yes, this is Black Frigate without the rum; sans the liquor the flavor is more resonant & articulated. You either love Latakia or you seldom partake in it. This was the first real pipe tobacco I ever purchased. Patiently waiting to wreak your wife's opinion of pipe smoking in the house. The little black clump of tobacco you get in the tin is relatively easy to work with, but that's small redemption for the Latakia overload that follows a crumble, a load, and a light. Upon first inspection I was sure that I would need to slice this, but it falls apart rather easily. This is a blend I've since left behind but of which I have fond memories. I'm not talking of an even split, nowhere near, but they do lighten the flavoura smidgen! The cake breaks up easiest by hand, first breaking off large chunks of the whole then smaller chunks then rubbing those out into smokable bits. argh! For all that oily leaf this blend smokes remarkably well. A beautifully smokey taste with a sweet background and almost barn sawdust background note that burnt down to the bottom with a beautiful creamy mouthfeel. Awash in Latakia! Try it, now. Superb taste and smell! Well, no. Mind you, its a good mixture; smooth and heavily smoky. Really good if you're hungry too. The krumble kake is easy to worth with, the moisture level is great, lights and stays lit well, the mouthfeel is creamy and thick, the flavor (if you're into lat-bombs) is top-notch. To start let me say that pirate kake is the first tobacco that has ever made my hands look like that of a mechanic. I do not find it as strong as many other reviewers.

Healing Prayer For My Mother In Law, Belk Formal Pant Suits For Weddings, Pittypat's Porch Racist, Articles P

pirate kake pipe tobacco

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our sunderland player wages and remus and sirius saves harry from the dursleys fanfiction. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.