miriam defensor santiago speech

The logging concession shared a border with Barangay Sag-od, Las Navas town in northern Samar. . Enrile in 2012 Under-declared Net Worth at only P118 million. I exposed the corrupt scandal, and engaged in a bitter word war with Puno, who hired a lawyer for the sole purpose of character assassination. Rappler comes from the root words "rap" (to discuss) + "ripple" (to make waves). Ngayon, this is quasi-judicial. Enrile tried to portray me in the blackest terms. Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus. Mr. President, ladies and gentlemen of the Senate: It comes rarely in the life of the nation that a people, under the travails of developing country status, aided by providence, find it in themselves to rise above the morass of political corruption, and to build the architecture for a fresh and shining territory where people live free of the forces of darkness. But many believe that Enrile provided safe haven to Lacson in Cagayan. Kaya apat na taon ang abogasiya. Wala iyan sa libro, wala iyan dito, wala iyan doon. Why do we study law if that is your opinion? Welcome to Rappler, a social news network where stories inspire community engagement and digitally fuelled actions for social change. Enrile violated the law, when he tried to pressure my husband, then a customs collector, to release a smuggled Toyota car, forfeited for failure to pay correct customs duties and charges. READ: 15 Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Miriam Defensor-Santiago. Caballero (2015) studied the linguistic, discursive, and ideological patterns in Senator Defensor-Santiago's speech delivered on December 4, 2013 titled "Navigating the crimes of the plunder mastermind." WikiZero zgr Ansiklopedi - Wikipedia Okumann En Kolay Yolu . March 4, 2016. Senator Miriam was recognized for her convincing and exemplary speeches. Powered By NewsPress. I hope that this clash of titans in the Senate will lead to an Armageddon in Philippine politics. He said that CEZA might unwittingly give these companies the legitimacy to operate legally. Similarly, the material process was dominant in Philippine Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago's privilege speeches based on Balog's (2019) study. Iparke mo ang pera mo diyan, mamaya isasalungat ko iyong mga argumento ninyong iyan. Photos of the decadent party were splashed in the front pages of top newspapers. Now he is the poster boy of stem cell treatment that has long gone past its expiry date. Brocka v. Enrile, at p. 189. His latest caper took his campaign at self-projection to the level of the absurd, when his own press release reported that as a former policeman, he delivered a lecture on constitutional law, as part of Enriles effort to shift attention from PDAF to DAP. That is why these two men are so close that it can only be called a relationship with feelings. Notably, the Ombudsman has admitted receiving a memorandum of over 200 pages pinpointing Enrile as the mastermind of plunder. Negros Oriental governor shot dead in latest attack on Philippine politicians. (Emphasis added). How did the criminals manage to steal some P10 billion pesos of the people's money in just ten years? His wife, Cristina, a socialite, walked out on him this month, after charging adultery. I rose to answer the personal attack against me, and interpellation will merely serve to waste the time of the Senate. Ako, RTC judge. Enrile kept threatening to oppose my confirmation as agrarian reform secretary, unless my husband released the smuggled car to the smuggler. Thank You.You have successfully updated your account. College of Medicine graduates. Let me tell you about the real Lacson. (Emphasis added). - Rappler.com. was a defense minister under Marcos, but helped to bring down the dictator. D E C I S I O N. VELASCO, JR., J.: In his sworn letter/complaint dated December 22, 2006, with enclosures, Antero J. Pobre invites the Court's attention to the following excerpts of Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago's speech delivered on the Senate floor: x x x I am not . NAVIGATING THE CRIMES OF THE PLUNDER MASTERMIND (Inquirer Visayas, 10 October 2012). Hence, all his properties are either abroad, in the name of others, or in the name of corporations. Thank you very, very much for your hospitality. A Powerful Baby Pinay: 26 A-Z Iconic Filipina Women Who Changed the World ABC's -for Babies and Toddlers (Filipino Children's Books Book 2) eBook : Leslie-Quinones, Melissa: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store Enriles charge that I registered the smuggled car in my name in Tarlac is inane, and the product of his febrile imagination. Lacson, like his mastermind, seems to be approaching dementia, too. Madaling intindihin ang quasi-judicial. I have adopted the very high standard of overwhelming preponderance of evidence pursuant to the recommendation of Prof. Charles Black of Yale University, author of The Impeachment, considered the bible for the whole world on impeachment process in a democracy. Today, the time has come. Ombudsman Resolution this Month will Decide Truth. Roel Degamo died after being shot at home by still unidentified suspects, Saturday, an attack that also 'Enough is enough': Senators lament series of violence vs local officials. There are no details. Merlina Suas, a whistleblower, testified that Napoles personally talked to the senator concerned, or the chief of staff. That is all. At one point in his glittering career as Senate President, Enrile had the audacity to throw a birthday party at a five-star Makati hotel for his concubine, to which he was able to drag President Aquino. It is even allowed by law to be corrected by the person who submitted it. Inihanda ko para sa two minutes ko. The eldest of seven children, she grew up in a household that championed excellence and academia, one that she helped . Answer (1 of 14): I honestly never argue. The other woman is reported to be Gigi Gonzales-Reyes, chief of staff of his Senate office, and about 30 years his junior. Cristina was reported as saying that she no longer could tolerate his chasing after other women, including domestic helpers, cooks, and assistants. (Emphasis added). I will be the first Filipino there. Huwag niyo akong paandaran ng kalokohan ninyo dahil alam na alam ko iyon. Tinatawag na ako ng International Criminal Court. Welcome to Rappler, please select your default country: An unknonw error has occurred. Sabi ng batas, you apply the rule of ejusdem generiskailangan may listahan na isa-isa nilang sinasabi kung ano ang kasalanan at mayroong isang salita na hindi mo malaman kung ano ang kasalanan, Dapat basahin mo iyan na pare-pareho doon sa kasalanan na nalista na. Such foreigners are not required to live in our country, or to incorporate as Philippine company. On Enriles appeal, Osmea agreed to restore this amount of nearly P1 billion, subject to certain conditions. Laguna Rep. Nereo Joaquin, delivered a privilege speech in 1992 and denounced her raids against pedophile communities in Central Luzon run by alien pedophiles. I exposed the corrupt scandal, and engaged in a bitter word war with Puno, who hired a lawyer for the sole purpose of character assassination. Mr. Enrile and I are engaged in an epic battle to reveal the truth to the Filipino people. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Napakahirap gawin iyan. The Court warned Enrile that he did not have a license to run roughshod over a citizen's basic constitutional rights, such as due process, or manipulate the law to suit dictatorial tendencies." During martial law, Enrile was the almighty defense secretary, when I was appointed the youngest RTC judge in the mecca of judges, Metro Manila, serving in Quezon City. Enrile's charge that I registered the smuggled car in my name in Tarlac is inane, and the product of his febrile imagination. The cunning and scheming Lacson gave me the file. No matter how devilish his power and no matter how fabulous his ill-gotten wealth, I refuse to be coerced by Enrile! Mr. Dementia tries in his clumsy way to raise suspicions about my mental health. But it is not true that his advanced age exempts him from criminal liability. The burden of proof is on the Prosecution. Philippine Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago, who ran for president in the May election, dies of lung cancer at the age of 71. Ngayon, ako dahil naging RTC judge, ang ginagamit ko lang ay ang batas. Maybe he is suffering from age-appropriate dementia again. 6. He also boasted of his high grade in the bar exam, with the non sequitur that I had a low grade. My attacker is the icon of shameless lying. Taongbayan, kayo ang magtestigo. Pati sarili ko imbestigahin ko. In the law of evidence, he has absolutely no credibility. According to the poet: Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord. The favored corporations pay annual fees of $40,000. The issue was: Does martial law automatically cancel the right to bail? Miriam Defensor Santiago Graduation Speech, Uta Dissertation Template, What Is A Writing Process For Essay, Reaction About No Homework Policy Brainly, Essays 1000 Words, Esl Persuasive Essay Ghostwriting Site For University, Type My Best Creative Essay On Brexit Let me tell you about the real Lacson. 5. Section 6 para (f) gives to CEZA the right to operate . No matter how devilish his power and no matter how fabulous his ill-gotten wealth, I refuse to be coerced by Enrile! Her implied admission is good enough for the Court. Wala na akong kinabukasan sa pulitika sa Pilipinas. His license expired in 2007. 7922, creating the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority or CEZA. She was a speaker who inspires her audience. Enrile ordered the military to arrest the students, on the basis of a martial law presidential decree that defined the crime of illegal assembly as any gathering opposed to the administration, and that imposed the death penalty. In the 2006 case of Executive Secretary v. Southwing, in effect the Supreme Court upheld the validity of the ban. This is eyewitness testimony that Enrile is psychopathic and urgently needs treatment for his sex addiction. The Commission on Audit issued a PDAF report that in 2011, Enrile was one of four government officials who gave some P206 million in pork barrel funds through the Department of Agriculture to a questionable NGO from 2009-2010. They only need an interactive gaming licensee and to register as a CEZA enterprise. The first time I challenged Enrile to a debate, he declined and instead called on Lacson to shower me with near-illiterate insults, including an oxymoron. Do not use obscenity. For the most apt description of this damaged creature, I quote: For years I've regarded his very existence as a monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosomes that corrupt the possibilities of (in our case) the Filipino Dream: he was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena and the style of a poison toad. However, the military defied my release order, and in fact filed a second charge of inciting to sedition. If he has the courage, he should switch place with me: He should be funny, and Ill be the asshole. Even though I wanted to, I am prohibited because this is already my second consecutive term. At that time, the policy of the Bureau of Customs was to forfeit smuggled cars, and to use them as official vehicles for authorized senior staff. Updated March 2023. The master license allows First Cagayan to issue seven-year licenses to foreign entities to operate online gambling. Most recently, I was elected by the U.N. General Assembly to be a judge of the International Criminal Court. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2e158af93c8ca2 (Emphasis added). . The Supreme Court slapped him down, ruling: that the criminal proceedings had become a case of persecution, having been undertaken by state officials in bad faith. The Court pointed a finger at Enrile, and criticized respondents bad faith and malicious intent." From the very beginning, Enrile has always resented that Supreme Court decision and held it against me, for refusing to kowtow to him even during the dark days of martial law, when he swaggered around town as if he owned it. It should be held at the U.P. After his poisonous personal attacks against me, Enrile expects that I shall be cowed into silence by his usual bluff and bluster. By its very nature, the Internet will always resist such controls. I prepared a two-minute paper but I will obey the injunction. Guided by faith in a just God and in the rule of law, dozens of whistleblowers have testified in writing and provided supporting documents to prove that the very heart of darkness is the leadership of the Senate itself. This was not only bringing parliamentary debate to the lowest level. I rose to answer the personal attack against me, and interpellation will merely serve to waste the time of the Senate. Until now, Enrile has clung to his right to remain silent, causing a group of netizens to start a movement called Kumibo Ka Naman, Enrile, or for short, KKNE. Well, if that is the case, then let us all just put our assets in dollars and the purpose of the SALN will be perverted or corrupted. This tale of a Toyota is a non-issue. Watch it here: #PHVote During this time of poisonous hostilities mostly fought in media, Lacson hopped on a plane to Hongkong, in order to avoid any suspicion of complicity in the expose. "I may not be a genius, but my opponents are certifiable idiots." - She said in her presidential campaign speech in 1992. Lacson, like his mastermind, seems to be approaching dementia, too. Admitting that only the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) has been given the mandate to operate legal gambling in the country, CEZA claims that it gives licenses only to foreign-based corporations. Wala kaming ginagawa sa Kongreso kundi maghintay kung ano ang sinabi ng Constitution. Miriam Defensor Santiago is a globally famous personality, because of her legal brilliance and courageous example in fighting corruption. Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago makes her speech during the grand rally of her supporters in West Avenue, Quezon City. Also because of his age, he can apply for executive clemency. The best of Miriam Defensor Santiago Quotes, as voted by Quotefancy readers. 7. It is a violation of every canon of civility and decency in public discourse. Parliamentary rules strictly forbid arguments ad hominem, but my attacker delivered an entire speech by appealing to personal prejudices rather than to reason; and by attacking my character rather than my assertion that he is the mastermind of the plunder. Pag sinabi pala ng Constitution, other high crimes or betrayal of public trust,wala na palang limitasyon iyoniyan kung hindi ka nag-aral ng batas. This is eyewitness testimony that Enrile is psychopathic and urgently needs treatment for his sex addiction. Instead of presenting evidence to the public of his hypocritical protestations of innocence, Enrile once again chose to steer public attention to what he hopes will be a diversion: the lies and black propaganda hurled against me during the 1992 presidential campaign. You will remember I led in the counting for the first five days, but was cheated of the presidency. 0% 0% found this document not useful, Mark this document as not useful Quotations by Miriam Defensor-Santiago, Filipino Politician, Born June 15, 1945. Presidential candidates' speeches on the final day of . Any dean of admission of a top law school ignores any claim by Filipino applicants of achievement in the bar exam, and are surprised when an applicant from the Philippines puts it in his resume. 4 March 2016. In other words, it should belong to the same class. "Fungus Face!"Santiago, then Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation, calling former Rep. Nereo Joaquin when he criticized her in a privilege speech for effecting the arrest of foreign pedophiles in his district. He made no mention at all of the sizzling talk of the town that he is the real mastermind of the pork barrel plunder. Enrile never reached these levels of professional recognition. 11 of the Constitution . Philstar Global Corp. All Rights Reserved. Ang sinasabi ng batas, kapag katapusan ng Disyembre, katapusan ng taon, magdeklara ka kung magkano ang pera mo sa bangko. Hindi ang ibig sabihin quasi-political na boboto ka ulit, bibigyan ka ng mamahaling proyekto sa public works na kung saan maaaring kumita ka. I am insulted by the way your minds run. Theater in Diliman campus.) Bayan, kayo ang maghatol sa ginagawa rito sa impeachment trial. That's how much of the taxpayers' money go to finance Enrile's smuggling empire. During martial law, the largest logging concession covering 95,770 hectares was awarded to Enrile as owner of San Jose Lumber. In a nation where many public officials are charged with, or suspected, of plunder, her honesty shines like a light in the darkness. VI, Sec. His speech amounted to verbal violence against a woman confined to her sickbed, while he preened in the Senate, demonstrating his skill as the Drama King of corrupt politics. Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago Words to live by: "Now that the proud professors have done their best, you must start the adventure of learning from life itself." The late senator delivered this speech with her usual snark and wit during the commencement ceremony of the University of the Philippines College of Medicine graduates in 2012. Mabuti pa ang mamatay ako bilang isang abogada kaysa makinig ako ng mga rason na ganuon. 2. Answers: 3 question 'SPEECH OF SENATOR MIRIAM DEFENSOR-SANTIAGO' Observations/ExplanationsFluencyToneVolumePitchSpeedWord ChoiceCohesionCorrectness He has to pay for his sins, unless he turns state witness and rats on Sen. Jinggoy Estrada, Sen. Bong Revilla, and his other co-accused in the plunder case. The Port Irene CEO is Enrile's relative Jose Mari Ponce. Ano ang sinasabi na quasi-judicial, quasi-political? Roel Degamo and five other John Matthew Salilig, whose dream to help the country produce its own fuel ended in a deadly fraternity hazing, was laid to Negros Oriental governor shot dead inside home. According to the official citation, the Award recognizes her bold and moral leadership in cleaning up a graft-ridden government agency. Media has noted that I am reportedly the most awarded Filipino public official, because I won such awards as TOYM, TOWNS, and U.P.s most outstanding law alumnus. After his poisonous personal attacks against me, Enrile expects that I shall be cowed into silence by his usual bluff and bluster. And yet, despite the repeated innuendoes during election campaigns, the Filipinos have elected and reelected me to the Senate. All other constitutional provisions such as the SALN provision, need implementing laws to provide the details. Spanish, 26.09.2021 02:15, pataojester10 When does encoding take place in communication Kung hindi mo naintindihan ang authenticate, huwag kang mag-abogado diyan. Transcript of the speech delivered by SENATOR MIRIAM DEFENSOR SANTIAGO. In U.P., at that time, many of our professors taught us to devote ourselves to the Socratic method, and pay no attention to the bar, which they belittled. Eh wala pala kaming limitasyon. college of law, has already warned that CEZA should exercise due diligence in giving out licenses, which may be exploited by unscrupulous entities. In his overwhelming desire to become interior secretary, Lacson gathered an incriminating file of documents showing that Puno ordered all policemen nationwide to take a drug test but only with a certain specific laboratory, which turned out to be a small, cheap apartment. on 20 May 2012 at the U.P. Nagtrabaho ako abroad, nagka-cancer ang tatay ko, bumalik ako, ang sabi ng tatay ko, Mag-resign ka nga riyan sa trabaho mong iyan, wala kang silbi sa bayan mo. Mga tinitingala iyan ng mga authorities all over the world. GitHub export from English Wikipedia. Presidential candidates' speeches on the final day of campaigning: Thank You. He could very well have delivered a privilege speech proving his innocence. At last we stand at the very heart of the epic pork barrel corruption in the Congress, specially the Senate. The free port occupies 441,000 hectares, an area almost three times the size of Quezon City. On my side, I have university students, social media netizens, Metro Manila and Visayan communities, and the crowds in the major shopping malls who instantly gather and urge me to continue the good fight. Ithought that I was unlimited.

White Mold On Dried Apricots, Townhomes For Rent Section 8 Accepted, Articles M

miriam defensor santiago speech

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our sunderland player wages and remus and sirius saves harry from the dursleys fanfiction. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.