how old was michael douglas in romancing the stone

You got the map! Michael was always a champion of mine. A mousy romance novelist sets off for Colombia to ransom her kidnapped sister, and soon finds herself in the middle of a dangerous adventure hunting for treasure with a mercenary rogue. : : : : LinkedIn. What we didnt know was the wire had gotten loose and gotten off., The two trainers took a boat over to where the gator was and got into the water. : [smiles] I knew it! Goddamn it, I knew I should've listened to my mother. ROMANCING THE STONE SPECIAL EDITION and JEWEL OF THE NILE SPECIAL EDITION are new releases of these hit comic adventures starring Michael Douglas, KathleenTurner and Danny DeVito with never-before-seen deleted scenes and featurettes. What's the matter, are you paralyzed from the neck up, or are you hurt? Seor, buenas tardes. The situations that we put her in I just could not imagine any other actress doing that. Ralph, using a giant crane, helps Jack reach Joan in the nick of time; he kicks Omar over the side and down into the flames, killing him. Jack later runs into Ralph (Danny DeVito), the swindler from Jack and Joan's previous adventure in Colombia, who demands Jack turn over the stone Jack and Joan found. Joan Wilder In fact, it was just the project she needed. [they kiss and Joan holds Jack more tightly]. Joan Wilder Winger was also expected to star in "A League of Their Own," but a bite didn't keep her away from it Madonna being cast did. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. [Zolo motions to one of cronies, who hits Jack in the groin. Well, we've all got our problems today. We walk out and, just as you would kind of go, Oh you! and give someone a little punch in the arm, you know, like a joke-around, she goes, Oh you! and she reaches over and she bites me on my arm., Douglas said he screamed in pain when Winger bit him, adding, Shes like jokey and Im looking at her, I dont know, man Im thinking this could be rough and she seems interested and I go back and shes broken the skin.. : : ", DEBRA WINGER QUIT A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN AFTER MADONNA WAS CAST, Debra Winger attends the New York Film Critics Circle Awards on Jan. 7, 2019, in New York City. : The cops? : Michael, a two-time Oscar winner, and his family have an illustrious history with Hollywood (Image: GETTY) In 2009, the actor was jailed for eight years after his exploits selling crystal meth. Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose. Joan Wilder : What is all this? Joan Wilder $9.00. I promise you. Jack Colton Douglas, who was a producer for the film, went back to the studio days after the toothy interaction, which he said "broke the skin," and told executives that he didn't think he could work with Winger. : What's that got to do with it? Joan Wilder : The 77-year-old said they were "talking and knocking back tequilas." Jack Colton She was just great in it. Jack Colton It was just great, Douglas said, of shooting the Season 2 episode. What are you doing? That ain't a bridge. Home U.K. I wanted to try to get the part, it was very difficult, Douglas said. Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here. Zemeckis added, It wasnt really like we had a big screening or anything. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. as Gloria. According to the actor, he and Winger met. Thomas was only 29 when she died. ", "Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones to co-star in film 'Racing The Monsoon', "The 'Romancing the Stone' remake is now a TV series, but there has been no further word on it since", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Jewel_of_the_Nile&oldid=1127872647, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Peter DePalma as Missionary (as Peter De Palma), Party (No Sheep Is Safe Tonight) The Willesden Dodgers (5:10), This page was last edited on 17 December 2022, at 03:38. The titles are available as a slipcased giftset for $29.98 & $45.98. : ", Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner appeared in several projects together. Jack Colton : I love the ocean. "The studio agreed with me because it was the only time I ever collected a pay-or-play on my contract," she told The Telegraph. Romancing The Stone combined a fun adventure with the potent chemistry between Turner and Douglas, and while the studio expected little from it, it turned out to be a surprise hit. . Turner is famed for her roles in Body Heat, The Man with Two Brains, Crimes of Passion, Romancing the Stone, and Prizzi's Honor, the latter two incomes her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress . Raiders came out in 1981. Awesome adventure-comedy with romantic undertones. Well, I'm a romance novelist. Romancing the Stone looks like a fun adventure romp onscreen, but making the Michael Douglas-Kathleen Turner movie that turns 35 this week was no stroll through the jungle. : Danny DeVito. After her sister is kidnapped by thugs amidst their search for a priceless gem in the. : Hi. We would like to buy it or rent it, we need to get to a town. Jack Colton What the hell are you talking about? [26] By 2011, the remake was re-worked as a television series.[27]. Joan Wilder You always were. Yeah, well, landmarks change, things grow, all that stuff, you know? Joan Wilder I said, Like thats going to happen. And they end up cutting the whole damn scene after I did it., As the producer of this show, I was so appreciative of Kathleen, said Douglas. Michael Douglas said on a recent episode of Rob Lowes Literally! podcast that he refused to work with Debra Winger in Romancing the Stone after a meeting between them ended with Winger allegedly biting Douglas. The best way to help your sister is to get that treasure and if you waltz into Cartagena you're holding all the cards. They began working together in theater in the 1960s and through One . Joan Wilder In the whole time of her career, she has also worked . Dammit man, the Doobie Brothers broke up! : Follow that stone! Jack Colton Her role in Steve Martins 1983 comedy The Man with Two Brains helped turn her image towards comedy. Joan Wilder that movie was absolutely amazing, when you were going to the theater for a night out, in 1984. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. With Rob Lowe" podcastin an episode released Thursday,sharing that Winger bit him on the arm after having dinner and "knocking back some tequilas" with him and directorRobert Zemeckis. A Lost City viewer might look at that name and do a double-take. Bad Hombre Yeah. : Yeah sure I do. Douglas' Jack is very similar to Pitt's Jack, as they both embody the rugged he-man adventure hero one might find in a romance novel. Arista released a soundtrack album on record, cassette and compact disc. It was just the main creative executive. Michael Douglas is revealing that Debra Winger was set to star in "Romancing the Stone,"but in a way, she bit her chances goodbye. Both Douglas and Turner reprised their roles in the film. : I'd love to see you on that boat. Now, we get our hands on this El Corazon, then you got something to bargain with. This successful teaming of Douglas with Danny DeVito and. Jack Colton No, senor, see we Juan In the film, Turner. Juan [all the men put away their guns and wave enthusiastically]. Jack Colton Ralph and Jack team up to find Joan and the fabled jewel. Understatement of the year, asshole. OK. OK. Let's got for it. It became 'an Elvis film': Debra Winger quit 'A League of Their Own' after Madonna was cast, Behind the scenes: Geena Davis spills 'League of Their Own' secrets on 25th anniversary, "The studio agreed with me because it was the only time I ever collected a pay-or-play on my contract," Winger said. Joan Wilder I watched it and Jewel of the Nile all the time on VHS. Joan Wilder Douglas, Turner, and DeVito also co-starred with Ocean in the MTV music video of the same name. Jack Colton When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going, "Jewel Of The Nile filming locations (1985). Juanita Juanita, it's Juanita! The Jewel of the Nile sends its characters off on a new adventure in a fictional African desert, in an effort to find the fabled "Jewel of the Nile". At a book signing engagement, Joan meets Omar Khalifa (Spiros Focs), a charming Arab ruler who wants Joan to write his biography. The wooden, styrofoam and fibreglass mockup was built on an automobile chassis and powered by a 350ci Chevrolet engine. Yeah. Michael Douglas. : See that river? But they told me this bus Jack Colton : Jack Colton What else did he tell you? I went to see him. I'm not a fan of romantic comedies, but this is one exception to that. It was really a boys club, but they let me in because Im a tomboy., That willingness to get muddy came in handy when Turner had to do a scene that involved walking through a marshy area filled with gators.

Franciscan Missionaries Of Our Lady University Apparel, My Thoughts Be Bloody Or Be Nothing Worth Literary Device, Batbusters Softball Illinois, Articles H

how old was michael douglas in romancing the stone

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our sunderland player wages and remus and sirius saves harry from the dursleys fanfiction. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.