franchi momentum elite vs tikka t3

Wont win any extra points for its weight but seems like a quality affordable and very accurate rifle. I knew an unknown secret that they did not know, its called grease and oil. Going to take the plungedeep. In fact, I did a whole video showing the limitations of the Ruger American. Looks to me like an Apples to Oranges request. The best part of learning how much I love hunting was how little I first put in. It weighs a little heavy per the stats, Ill admit but at that price point, its very hard to ignore especially since lightweight after-market chassis can cost as much as the base model B-14, Rem 700, Tikka T3, etc. Ive narrowed it down to a Sig Cross in 6.5, a JTAC Screech Owl in 6.5 22 barrel. With plain Jane 55 grain hornady soft points and max listed load of H4895, it shoots 1/4 to 3/8 at 100 yards if I lay off the coffee. If youre going to buy a Ruger American, know there are dozens of different configurations available. Id prefer 7mm-08, but 6.5 is the newest kid on the block. It doesnt handle recoil well because of the stock design. 1 Image (s) Franchi Momentum Elite 6.5 Creed Realtree Excape 24" TB Burnt Bronze 41606. It is very expensive. Jim, Watch my review here. Keep up the good work! For my boy. It is a three lug 60 deg. I just dont shoot the Weatherby as well as I used to, and even reloading is expensive enough I dont do much plinking with it. So how do you really feel? What? Also, I am 62 and getting tired of the recoil my 7mm Rem Mag and .270 has, would the 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC or 7mm-08 be a good alternative? Would this interest you? The SIG Cross would be a best second choice. I'll stick with my Tikkas, they make me happy! I am looking for an all purpose dependable rifle to handle more than one role. A very solid four stars here for the Franchi Momentum bolt-action rifle. I looked at the Waypoint locally and thought is was a really nice gun. Theres also the option of ordering that rifle with a Vortex Crossfire II scope on it. Or even at a much higher price range. Would I buy this rifle? They do have a more expensive option for a titanium action that is even lighter, but I feel the titanium actions just arent as smooth in the hand. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Yeah, the Reaper is pretty awesome. Wow, what a shooter! Id probably go with the Bergara Wilderness Ridge. I love it. Do you have a suggestion for a backcountry hunting rifle that does well with heavy recoil? Love your videos and reviews thanks a ton. Alpha? The controlled-round feed action is great. Have you had a chance to look over or review the Savage Impulse? Zero quality control issues. Really enjoy your content! Mine is in 223 for chucks. Accuracy * * * * * A lot of older rifles are very superior to these entry level rifles. DK. I went with the CVA simply for that reason. Jim, based on your reviews and several others, Id really like go with the 6.8 Western. Some day Ill give one a more fair look. I might just know about a new rifle coming in January 2023 that might change your mind, Awesome reviews Jim. Bergara seems to have just come out with a Walnut stock maybe as a result of one of you comparing their stocks to garage floors??? This gun is for actually hunting in adverse conditions and not worrying about scratching it or damage. You are using an out of date browser. Are you familiar with this cartridge? If you are looking at that sub $1000 rifle check out the Bergara Wilderness Ridge (Mine was $850). The stock and barrel is nothing special unless someone could chime in as to why it is different than all the others plastic stocks? I have watched your reviews on both, so maybe your opinion on whether itd be worth the additional money To go with the Waypoint. I enjoy watching your videos but havent found any with this specific manufacture. So, too, will the rifles 2-position safety allow you to load and unload safely. Ive seen your comments that fierce rifles have poor fit and finish and that customer service is also poor. Theres also no shortage of cartridges that send a 6.5mm bullet at much higher velocities than the Swede so I have to assume by your metric those are all superior to the Swede? Hello I love your videos and your reviews the only comment I have is that the savage 110 ultralite does not have the accustock. You know Beretta will not support either rifle. Ive owned a Lupo chambered in 30-06 for several months now. Synthetic as in black plastic, to be clear, not as in carbon fiber or some other fancy stuff. Luckily I was at a store on vacation that let me handle both. He missed the entire point of the product to rant about what great deals can be had on old guns. I was all ready to order the Fierce but I see your post above and now I am on the fence. I dont say that lightly. The Bergara Mountain 2.0, Kimber Mountain Ascent, Bergara Premier, Browning X-Bolt Pro, Seekins Havac, Weatherby Mark V, Fierce Edge, Christensen Ridgeline, and others are all rifles Im familiar with. I really like the trigger feel, but it is a little heavy. enough shoulder for secure mounting. Have you reviewed the werkman? Franchi, a 150-year-old shotgun manufacturer, clearly felt it was high time an affordable Italian hunting rifle hit U.S. shores. In regards to the CVA and the Bergara, Im looking at getting one or the other in 7mm Mag. Watch my full review of the Springfield 2020 Waypoint. Which takes of the other half of recoil . Its a 3-lug design with a decently large extractor and ejector and large locking lugs. With attitude like that, you will only buy domestic products and if leftists have their way, none. I figured I could get an AR rifle with Sub MOA accuracy that could maybe hit 2 birds with 1 stone. There are so many other options to consider, but hopefully, that gives you a solid starting place if youre looking for a premium hunting rifle. It has the Accufit stock, but not the Accustock with the aluminum rail system. So Id recommend just paying for it online. However, I kill a lot of elk where Im from, and my smaller 6.5s dont produce the knock down effect I had with the Weatherby. Same for Austria and Glock. While I believe theyve succeeded in creating a stock that accommodates many different shooting positions and feels above average in all, it doesnt necessary excel in any of them. Everyone else says so but I figured Id ask. I personally prefer the Bergara B-14 Ridge, but they are all good options. As did locking it. Plus all the pros of the above B-14 review. Its like saying 300 Blackout isnt as effective as 300 WinMag. Slim Fit Leather Jackets brings this iconic jacket from animation to reality, especially for all the fans of this video game. Franchi is known for making high-quality firearms at affordable prices, and the Momentum Elite is the perfect example of this. Also, the very aged sporter stock design doesnt lend itself well to shooting long rangeespecially in such a light rifle. I actually ordered a CVA cascade first, in .308, but changed my mind and returned it and bought the Franchi. Saving a penny by not buying grease and oil costs you hundreds of dollars in rust repair. The trigger is adjustable like the Tikka. Had a question, What are your thoughts/opinion on the Wilson Combat AR10s? I didnt see a Bergara in your list. Why no ones talk about the sakos in the states?? Vlad I have no idea who you are but you sure do make a lot of noise and a lot less sense. Jim great reviews. Premium recoil pad, pic rail, fluted barrel, muzzle breakMOA guaranteed accuracy like the Tikka. But honestly these are not deal-breakers (or at least I think so). Vlad is an asshole in general who needs to go away. However, Ruger American rifles are not perfect. They look standard, dont include fluting on the (rather beefy) bolt or the (rather beefy) barrel, the action and barrel are just blued, the trigger is fine but not outstanding, the action is quite smooth but not as smooth as a Tikka. Base Price: $816.99: Tax: - In Stock: Back in stock . If a person is willing to invest the money; would you recommend the reaper above all else for a do it all hunting rifle? 3. and three-stage safety. The scope hasnt moved for years now and I have shot it quite a bit. Hey Jim, So how do you choose between them? Thanks for your thoughts and time! The scope I bought is a Sea Adler, 3x9x40. Are you still doing a full review on that caliber? I dont see the stock being much different really. Though the forend wasnt perfectly centered coming closer to the left side of the barrel than the right side it was stiff enough that causing it to contact the free-floated barrel was difficult and wouldnt happen under most typical use. I found not too long ago a Husqvarna Mauser for $400 bucks in like new condition. And a nice walnut stock would have cost them a few more pennies to use. Like, sure. What are your thought on the Ruger precision? superbly accurate with federal non-typical 150s (second load i tried). Thank you! If so, what are you impressions of it. Plus, it uses an old-school sporter stock that just isnt what todays long-range shooter is looking for. Also would be cool to see you do a semi-custom rifle (Bighorn action, prefit barrel, Ag composites stock, trigger tech, etc.) Vlad is typical progtard. Very accurate, handles recoil well, and easily in your price point with room to spare. So where are you from originally and where are you now..Im thinking not the US. Im looking at the Waypoint now. Shot yesterday and shot at 200, 300 and 400 yards, 1/2-3/4 MOA. Most of the great rifles youve taken time to make us salivate for do not make left handed models. Id also like to hear more about the threading on the various barrels and if they are suitable for use with a suppressor i.e. Really, the only thing that keeps me from owning more of them is that I can rarely find them in the chamberings I want. Man I really love your reviews! I got it in 6.5 creedmoor for deer hunting. . Premium recoil pad, pic rail, fluted barrel, muzzle break.MOA guaranteed accuracy like the Tikka. I really like the stock design. Have you ever tested any Franchi hunting rifles? Never bother with a Winchester M70, because I thought it was old fashion. And outside chance of a Bergara HMR or sauer 100 Pantera. guns.com Buy. Those all sound like good options. Keep the vids coming, I look forward to seeing them. under 9 lb 7 mm or 300 w m. Jim, I know you are a fierce fan. It just does everything reasonably well. There is one drawback to the Tikka T3x Lite. Hello Jim, Its a push feed which means if you short stroke the bolt you can get a jam that I guarantee will take you half an hour to un-jam. Hey there Jim. I would not even try and shoot a moose with the Creedmore but its no problem with the 6.5 Swede with its 1 in 7.8 twist with the 160 grain slugs. Franchi lists the Momentum's weight at 6.6 pounds, unloaded and unscoped. Also, since I\d prefer to keep it to one gun I was more interested in buying a semi-custom gun and was thinking about getting the Fierce Carbon Rogue. I still love wood stocks. The action is butter smooth and the stock has a palm swell the sold me when I first picked the gun up. I know there will be a lot of hate because Ive been very frank about my opinions, but I test so many rifles that I just wanted one single post that I keep up to date where I can just say it how I see it without any politically correct crap. Seems that they manage to work loose occasionally. Im looking for a 7mm-08 in a left handed model. So, here are my quick thoughts on some of the competition for the best premium factory rifle under $2,500. The Tikka T3X Lite comes with an absolutely fantastic action. However, they really dont get enough attention from huntersmostly because they make few attempts to really stand out from the other rifles on the shelf. I also own a Savage 110 Ultralite in 6.5 PRC- fantastic accuracy, but I just could not warm up to the plasticy stock. The more you talk the clearer it becomes that youve never held much less used a gun. Ive shot heavier .308s with more felt recoil than this guy. Id like to know how the Sandman suppressor performed. What do you think of the Bergara B14 HMR? Can Italian go to a local gun store and buy one (or any firearm) without a government license or permission? Thanks, I have looked all over and cant find out much about these. I really love your channel. The muzzle break sends recoil back into the rifle which breaks cheap scopes . In fact, I frequently find myself out shooting with a Sig Cross even when I have much more expensive guns that I could be choosing. With them being two different price points, Id be interested in your thoughts on spending the extra amount on the waypoint. Ill be curious to see them for myself, but Ive heard good things. I had a Waypoint 2020 6.5 PRC on order for a long while- when one finally showed up and I was able to handle it, I just could not warm up to it. First of all, LOVE all of your video reviews !! I recently purchased the Momentum Elite in the 6.5 creedmoor and respectfully think an honourable mention for the under $1000 would be appropriate. Took my buck at 325 shooting Federal Premium 110gr bullets. Assuming a commercially-available cartridge (I\m leaning towards .30-06 Springfield), how would the you stack the two up? Do you have any experience with the Franchi? You havent included Winchester in your reviews. Or is the lighter, cheaper, better looking cva more applicable? I am looking for a new rifle, and am looking at the Franchi Momentum Elite, was looking for any input by those of you that have one. Thanks in advance. Really enjoy your advice and reviews on guns and equipment, I appreciate your opinions. I have been considering the Winchester xpr spotter (walnut stock) in 308 Win. Gun #: 999725884. They have shot the ruger and no problem but alittle heavy to be packing around the mountain. Sure, its not always possible. The Cross is great for 6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5 PRC, but the stock just isnt suitable for heavy recoiling cartridges. Commissions are earned for links to Brownell's, Amazon, MidwayUSA, GoHunt, OpticsPlanet, Sportsman's Warehouse, and other retailers. I am going to buy one last hunting rifle eventually in 7mm or 7 PRC so I am watching CVA XT and Weatherby. A common benefit to a 3-lug design as opposed to a 2-lug design is a shorter bolt throw. My personal Ruger American shoots 0.8 groups consistently. Overall, the rifle is kinda heavy so itd be nice to reduce recoil a bit. It might be Franchi just trying to stay ahead of magazine restrictions in some (less free) parts of the world. Its the classic , its The One , its stood the test of time , its been around longer than the rest and will still be here long after these other rifles have fallen out of fashion. Bought a vanguard series 2 in 270cant wait to shoot it put a leupold 3x9x50 ..I have 1400.00 in it first expensive gun Ive ever owned.wish me luck, The rifle you are selling that is under $350 thats quiet what caliber is it and who makes it need more information please thank you. Savage 110? It shoots some factory ammo sub moa as advertised but has been and uphill battle to get hand loaded 88grn eldm's to group consistent.

Tui Recruitment Process, Stolen Bicycle Dream Interpretation, Articles F

franchi momentum elite vs tikka t3

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our sunderland player wages and remus and sirius saves harry from the dursleys fanfiction. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.