aerolite 103 forum

Hello, Wrong! The Aero-Works Aerolite 103 is an American ultralight aircraft that was first manufactured by Aero-Works, Inc, of Millersburg, Ohio. Powered by Invision Community. Or maybe designing your own aircraft? Please contact by email or text one of the directors for more . Hi! You are right, of course, and it is now fixed. is a professionally built, ready-to-fly, legal News & Video on Light-Sport Aircraft, Sport Pilot Kits, and Ultralight Aircraft. Well, it is still debatable whether the mysterious aircraft is indeed a genuine Chinese copy of the Aerolite 103. So I talked to Aerolite 103. When the enginestarts to catch, immediately give it some fuel and release the start button. Sun n Fun 2021 / Wrap Up More Airplane News Will Follow, but How Was this Years Event? Aerolite 103 kit and plans starting $11,500. A Rotax 277UL (. But alasit taps in around 80lbs. If you have a question, we want to answer it. One impression I have gained from being around the Part 103 crowd is the striking lack of knowledge about aircraft and engines. Pasted as rich text. And personally I just don't know of any such engine. No, those figures are not typos!|. Aluminum Fuel The private pilot sustained serious injuries. Register today and take advantage of membership benefits. That said, I dont believe they went forward with this idea. Im 71 and not sure how many more years I can fly. They are great for sight seeing and such. Also, if you spot the fox, let me know.. UPDATE 21/02/19 : V3.3 contains one new object (cottage) however I have also added a 2nd version of the airfield which fits better with Orbx True Earth North. Plugs fouled regularly, and exhaust ports needed to be cleaned now and then, but sooo easy to work on, not a problem. A product that is no longer supported by the developer, or is further developed, should not be for sale in the marketplace. For now, some of the newer 2-strokes (like the Polini 250) are actually pretty reliable if installed and maintained properly. Plan on attending the Annual Sport Pilot Expo, http://eaaforums.org/forumdisplay.php?9 ight-Strip. 2) what is this bulb at the end of the blue cable or tube on the right side of the cockpit? Haven't flown it for a while now, but should probably get back and enjoy some "low-and-slow" flying again. And maybe lacklustre products deserve a lackluster review! since new. Flaps, Shock Bought it and honestly this isnt bad but as with nearly every MSFS release thus far its been buggy. Backyard Flyer vs Arolite 103 Welcome to EAA Forums! The Oshkosh 2019 Super Wonder Aerolite 103 will be equipped with these options or upgrades: Final selling price: $17,900 (clarifying, that is $3,000 off the standard price of $20,900 for a Ready to Fly model with options listed). Aerolite 103 kit and plans starting $11,500 Fully assembled and ready to fly aircraft available. HeliSimmer.com Forums Nemeth Designs . April 2, 2018 in Ive always thought the Aerolite 103 would be fantastic with either one of the 29HP or 36.5HP Polini engines. Learn how your comment data is processed. I wonder if there is a 4 stroke option that could be used for example the Generac engine that Culver Props offered on the Swing wing airplane that they dont make anymore. What a shame they dont. News & Video on Light-Sport Aircraft, Sport Pilot Kits, and Ultralight Aircraft. No idea what thats about. At 220, the climb rate is about 600 feet per minute, and cruise speed about 55 miles an hour. slip indicator, tachometer, EGT, And I am entitled to my opinion. Light Sport Aircraft, LLC. I just received a September copy of SPORT AVIATION, in which there is an excellent article regarding the Aerolite 103. U-Fly-It (current builder of the Aerolite 103) offers several engine options, and I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a solid mill. They only show a 60" & 63" Prop. So by their Info, a 277UL with the right Prop should work also. For me the skid ball only indicates left (with rudder full left or right), Edit the cockpit object: at ../X-Plane 11/Aircraft/Laminar Research/Aerolite 103/Aerolite_103_cockpit.obj, ANIM_rotate_begin 0.00000012 -0.00000034 1.00003028 sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/slip_deg New FI.R.M. Airframe, With the volume of unit sales you must be expecting with MSFS 2020, JazzSam March 21, 2021, 1:02am #1. Can anyone of you confirm its not nice to fly? However, on whole, I think this is a highly reliable aircraft. by MrMorden Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. thats a sub EUR 10 aircraft all day. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'msfsaddons_com-box-3','ezslot_2',138,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-msfsaddons_com-box-3-0');Nemeth Designs is mostly known for their helicopters for FSX, but their first product for MSFS turned out to be completely different: its the Aero-Works Aerolite 103, an american ultralight in a pusher configuration (rear propeller). Unlike a gas station on every corner, instructors for ultralight aircraft are more rare. However, Aerolite lacks for nothing to give you a good time in the air and it wont break your budget. Tank, Dacron Covering, By Shame really. Thanks! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License. Light Is Right In the Eyes of FAA and World CAAs, LSA & Lightplane Highlights at Oshkosh 2012. 1: 507: Im trying to find a 103 in my area to look at in person, but no luck so far. mouse wont turn it!! Converting an S-LSA to E-LSA? Check out our new video of Aerolite 103 in flight. Why? The Aerolite 103 ultralight aircraft is now for sale again by u-fly-it who now is manufacturing this wonderful aircraft in DeLand FL. Looks like theyve been around a while. That does seem a little pricey for what it is. ANIM_rotate_end nemeth-designs. Our distributor in Europe uses the Thor 250 on some of their Aerolites, and the performance is adequate. Sun n Fun 2021 / Day 1 Charged with Excitement Battery Electric Aerolite 103 Is Flying Now! by chicagorandy Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:43 pm, Post Lets hope better examples are offered up, and at a realistic price. I live at an altitude of 6,500 feet and need power to overcome that density altitude especially on hot days. Less than 5 hours were put on the new engine and it was fogged, covered, and placed in a hangar until now. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Seems like with lower speeds and the ability to land almost anywhere if the engine fails, they'd be pretty safe (assuming they're not prone to structural failure). Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. Changing or adding equipment, or otherwise modifying an S-LSA? We are also testing a couple other engine models currently, both of which should be very viable options for heavier pilots. In case Hirths numbering system may confuse you, F33 is a super light single cylinder engine where F23 is a horizontally opposed twin cylinder model producing 50 horsepower. Also clicking on the fuel bulb does not appear to be priming the motor. That's what I use as I recall. Thank you! Super Wonder. Propeller, Nose Fairing & Windscreen, Mariano Rosales/EAA). featuring your choice of color(s), Various Engine Configurations Tech Support: Information! I know that to certify this aircraft in Europe (as the Aerolite 120), some engineering changes were required. Let me explain. A couple years ago, Dennis revived the idea of a kit Aerolite 103. this article about Aerolite with a four stroke. Thats a bummer as this is exactly the aircraft I waited for in MSFS. How does it cost to get a Aerolite 103 kit from factory with and without the engine? After he put this on his Facebook page, this show airplane will surely sell long before Oshkosh 2019 starts. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Weekly Digest - What is new in The X-Plane World, Adding Two Factor Authentication to Your Account, Dream Flight : Augusta, GA to the Bahamas. A simple click on it should do it, surely? Could you tell me please? But I think chicagorandy's response is the best idea. Your link has been automatically embedded. Other engine options are available, including Rotax 447 and 503, Kawasaki 440, Hirth F23, etc. 915 Biscayne Blvd., Hangar B, DeLand, FL 32724. Ill do the calculation for you. What might seem affordable to a pilot that can buy a nearly one million dollar Cirrus SR22 is vastly different from what is affordable to most readers of this website. Aerolite 103. I honestly thought Nemeth stopped developing addons. You must log in or register to reply here. with basic flight and engine too. I have owned a Skyranger and an Aeronca Chief but dont know of anyone around here (central Maine) who owns an Aerolite 103 or where I can get cross-training in anything that will hold me and most any CFI, unless they are VERY small, like 175 or so pounds in a Challenger II. Product Support. So I'm intrigued and inspired by the whole "Part 103" aspect. In retrospect I wouldnt pay more than 10 USD for this, not the nearly 20 I paid absolutely overpriced. You can post now and register later. Kawasaki 440, Hirth F23, etc. In an age where many Light-Sport Aircraft run $150,000, to well possibly much more, affordability becomes something of a tortured word. Second, I weigh 270 pounds so I know that the Hirth 23 is probably the engine to go with. You will need to create a username and password on your first visit - click the register link at the upper right to proceed, and join the conversation! Is it possible this plane is not the complete article? These generally either weigh too much or arent powerful enough (or both). (Photo courtesy Your email address will not be published. The Aerolite is currently on sale (just a shade over $10) whereas the Top Rudder is not, but still only $10 at full price. M O S A I C Four-point Restraint Right??? Also, it's wings fold in 20 minutes for trailerability. Hello - Tried to fly the Aerolite 103 today for the first time in XPlane 11 and although I followed the steps below, the propeller would only turn at a rate of 1 revolution per 20 seconds, and not start, as I am outside the craft watching startup. The discussion forum for Sport Pilots and Light Sport Aircraft, Post https://www.uflyit.com/aerolite103main.htm, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Delivery is free if you are someplace close to our route home (nominal delivery charge if you are not close to our route back to Florida).. If you treat one like a four stroke, you are guaranteed to have problems. Yet here is an airplane, being built at a tiny fraction of the quantity of any automobile, selling for as little as half the price of the average new car. The only issue as far as using one of these in an aircraft would be that they achieve those up numbers by turning a LOT of RPM! HeliSimmer.com Forums - 10 Sep 20. Display as a link instead, Nice counter opinion, well put. Kassu62 Members 21 So, what to do? (You basically have to strip darn near everything except a speed gauge, altimeter and a seat out of a Part 103 to fit a 4-stroke, AND add a parachute using a loose (or ambiguous) interpretation of Part 103 rules. Official Nemeth Designs Forum. Dan What is the safety and performance record of the Aerolite 103? I own one and I assure you it does. The Aerolite 103 has been around since 1997 as either a fully assembled aircraft or as an assembly kit. Youd need a good redrive to swing a prop with that and it would probably run you as much as the motor but youre still only in $1,400 ish at that point. New FI.R.M. Product Support. Fuel tank and shut off is on pilots right handside. 2. If you have a question, we want to Im interested in buying my own aircraft , but all metal two seaters are too expensive to my budget. Despite the simplicity of the Aerolite 103 I cant start the engine without using the auto option. By all means, contact the Aerolite 103 factory. Required fields are marked *. I need to put those funds to toilet paper hoarding maan yes good point to make, putting it into perspective its not a horrible price. I was finally able to get the 103 started, thanks to this discussion: But there are some other things about this default airplane that still mystify me. I think this is the first complaint I have seen on one of these aviation sites about under-regulation. https://www.uflyit.com/aerolite103main.htm. ft. Does Aerolite in the U.S. have plans to implement any of those changes to its U.S. aircraft? BYF accomplished the feat by using a spar-less wing that was a truss welded from aluminum tubes. Have fun. Come to think of it, Dennis Carlin offers a version of Aerolite 103 with a 4-stroke engine. Would really love an ultralight. Founder of MSFS Addons and a flight simulation enthusiast since the early days of FSX. It is one of the ways to fly an aircraft in America and some other countries like Germany*, under similar rules with hardly any interference from authorities. Of course, any used aircraft may need additional maintenance and a homebuilt model (some Aerolite 103s are so constructed) may have deficiencies. May 10, 2018 in We respond to ALL email Backyard Flyer (BYF) did, too. Right now the Aerolite has been broken up in three sections (main fuselage, left and right wing with struts attached). Is a Four Stroke Part 103 Airplane Possible? I was able to google a manual - searching for "aerolite103 checklist". messages and phone calls. But this old dog knows that advertising "hype" can cover up a lot of defects, hence my concern. How do i fly these ultralights? Hi Gregory: Please direct your question to U-Fly-It. And even then 2-strokes are still prone to "giving up the ghost" with little to no warning. ANIM_rotate_key 7 6.99978874 Practically speaking a Part 103 engine cant be much more than 80lbs. Yasin: I am sure you can order from overseas. Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by TexasAviation, Apr 29, 2019. Hi Jeff: Thanks for catching the error. is So, surely that means you get some super stripped-down aircraft with no features, both to save money and to stay within FAR Part 103s demanding weight and flight envelope parameters right? Aerolite 103 should be taken from the marketplace. No help from me other than to suggest a different forum to search - non sport pilot that is- I know I've seen postings regarding the Hirth and other ultra-light engines over at the EAA Forum groups -, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln. Gross Weight: 600 lbs. What am I doing wrong ? You can also buy an ultralight vehicle ready-to-fly and that brings us to U-Fly-Its terrific Aerolite 103. XP11 General discussion. Fully assembled and ready to fly aircraft available. I auto start and the throttle doesn't work. Perhaps the following answer sums it up. We Need Information! They tend to be temperamental. TIA! Complete Panel Due to its ultralight construction, take-off and landing procedures must be taken with special care, to prevent airframe and gear damage, and shouldnt exceed 32 knots. Both Legal Eagle and Hummelbird were only compatible with very small pilots, and the latter also disposed with the canopy. But every pilot flying a 2-stroke knows that and flies accordingly, right? I have the cursor hand over the lever. At recent Oshkosh events, two One-Week Wonders were built using a kit from Zenith with power from Rotax or a Vans RV-12 with another Rotax 9-series engine. Pasted as rich text. I don t know many other companies in all of light aviation that can say that. Exceptionally safe? YES! When pressing the start button the engine turns over but it appears to be starved of fuel. Please use links in the article or this one to inquire directly with the factory for pricing. From your experience, is it dependable and solidly built? I need a complete kit of 103. A poor plane indeed. Fuel valve must be rotated horizontal before you can prime and start the 103. With a very heavy emphasis on the word claim. Aerolite 103 is surprisingly well equipped: Flaps, trim, conventional three-axis control with a yoke and rudder pedals, windscreen and nose fairing, steerable nose wheel with sturdy shock-absorbing main gear, four-point seat belts, 5-gallon aluminum fuel tank, Azusa brakes, fully anodized aluminum airframe and all basic instruments including airspeed, altimeter, slip indicator, tachometer, exhaust gas, and cylinder head temperature gauges. of On this lightweight aircraft, even with a beefier pilot, an F23 Aerolite is going to perform exceedingly well. Wonderful! I own a powered parachute with one it it runs very well. Sad to hear its getting lackluster reviews. That said, I've never flown one, but did the same sort of research you are starting on now, a few years ago. In the '70s I grew up with 2-stroke road and dirt bikes, and found those (Yam and Zuki) to be strong and reliable, although smoky. Note: due to increased spam activity, there will be a slight delay as all new users must be approved manually. Ouch, thanks for sharing. This is the most popular Part 103 airplane these days. What is the actual command one has to give to move the lever? Stage 4 they turn 10-12k all day. Has 447 Rotax engine and Powerfin prop. He left the business for a time and another man tried to replicate the creation.August 19, 2016, Aerolite 103 from U-Fly-It has been on a tear for the last couple years, producing at capacity and stretching to produce even more for 2016.November 19, 2015, Part 103 ultralight activity was not the news I expected to report from Sun n Fun 2015, certainly not as my first report.April 28, 2015, Some people have long believed that Part 103-legal weight shift trikes or single place powered parachutes may be possible but Ive often heard the pronouncement, You cannot make a legal three axis Part 103 airplane. I wonder if those folks are ready to admit their error?December 31, 2014, Evidently, a magic number exists to authorities in various civil aviation agencies around the developed world.September 15, 2014, It depended on whom you asked. Parachute! BYF accomplished the feat by using a spar-less wing that was a truss welded from aluminum tubes. FAA Regulation Update Fall 2022. I would order one right now if they did. Each Aerolite Sure, it should be way easier with a VR set ! We respond to ALL email messages and phone calls. As far as i can tell, a buddy & i both got them after the patch yesterday. Love this ultralight hope to buy one next year! SPECIFICATIONS Wingspan -- 26.8 ft. Wing area -- 124 sq. I think there was a version of Hummelbird that ostensibly qualified as ultralight. Knowing the frustrated are more likely to sound off than the satisfied, I'm asking any and all to respond with info, facts, or anecdotes regarding the Hirth aircraft engines, especially the F33.

Definition Of Culture For Kids, How To Reset Garage Door Keypad Without Enter Button, Articles A

aerolite 103 forum

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our sunderland player wages and remus and sirius saves harry from the dursleys fanfiction. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.