does governor obaseki have a child

Jane Osuagwu is an automotivewriter at Naijauto.com. I teach them what they need to know at certain stages of their lives so that it wouldnt be outsiders that would tell them. Obaseki was also instrumental in attracting the Edo-Azura power project, with support from World Bank to the state. Obaseki served the state for seven years under the administration of former governor Adams Oshiomhole. Gov. What's more? The Official page of the Governor of Edo State Godwin Obaseki - GGO It was not easy but the luck I had was that they were not in Benin City with me, so I had to take out time to see them every weekend or every other time that I was free. -. Since he assumed duties as the Executive Governor of Edo State on 12 November 2016, Gov. It is no surprise that Mr. Obaseki has chosen a worthy person to become Mrs. Obaseki. In January 2018, his government established the Edo State Investment Promotion Office (ESIPO) to facilitate investments and stakeholders engagements so as to improve the business environment in the state. In addition to that, Mr. Godwin is also an alumnus of Lagos Business School Chief Executive Program and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers. The surname Gover was first found in Oxfordshire, where the Gover family was anciently seated as Lords of the Manor. It made me wonder whether the baby did not belong to the two of us. EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Limited Or Anthology Series, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Lead Actress In A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Lead Actor In A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie. These cookies do not store any personal information. Hes still in office and we hope to hear more about his achievements in Edo state. Afterward, he traveled from Nigeria to the US to study at Pace University and Columbia University in New York, where he earned an MBA in Finance and International Business. Between 2006 and 2009, he served as a member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Council. As such, governors are responsible for implementing state laws and overseeing the operation of the state executive branch.As state leaders, governors advance and pursue . He was re-elected into office under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). And he's the third child of his parents, late Pa Rowland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina street in Edo state. By Adelite (self media writer) | 2 years ago. Mr Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo, helped Mr Obaseki to succeed him as the state governor in 2016, against all the odds. and M.Sc. She had the child at 3am. He has also contributed to the fight against human trafficking and illegal migration. His parents are Mr. Roland Obaseki and Mrs. Stella Osarhiere Igbinigie(MON). seeks return of 14-yr-old child bride condemns violence against children. Sadly, No. By implementing various reforms, schemes and projects, he has already managed to achieve positive results in education, industry, agriculture and other spheres. There is no compromise. He has had positions with several businesses, including Capital Trust Brokers Ltd in Lagos, International Merchant Bank (a subsidiary of First Chicago Bank), AVC Funds Limited in Lagos, and Equatorial Finance Corporation, a financial advisory firm with an emphasis on Africa, in New York. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066; the language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. None of them will become a politician because of my personal experience. [13][10][12], In 1995, Godwin Obaseki founded Afrinvest West Africa Limited (formerly Securities Transactions & Trust Company Limited (SecTrust), which has grown to become one of the most reputable investment banking and management firms in Nigeria. 10 things you should know about Bola Tinubu as he turns 66. Do you think you would not have done better if you had become a father before you turned 30? Even the governor was aware that I had to leave before Christmas, irrespective of what was happening in the state, to spend Christmas with my family. In 1995, he founded Afrinvest West Africa Ltd. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. He is also embarking on a massive reconstruction of the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in preparation for the state to host the 2020 National Sports Festival. Would you like any of them to become a politician in Nigeria? That is important. Mrs Obaseki was a part of Junior Achievement of Nigeria, whose goal was to educate young people on various social and environmental issues. There is an ongoing debate over who should take responsibility for the moral upbringing of a child, regarding the recent incident involving a pupil of Chrisland Schools. He held this position until he announced his intention to run for governor. He won the election and assumed office on the 12th of November 2016. Governor Godwin Obaseki has said critics of his government are people who have mischievous intentions in Edo State. How did you feel when you saw your first child? After working with several finance firms both in Nigeria and New York, he went on to establish Afrinvest West Africa Limited in 1995. Don't forget to drop us a comment and share to your friends at the end of the article. It is the responsibility of the parents to teach their children morality. Any child kept in a hostel for pre-senior secondary school can be subjected to abuse because the age of maturity is not on their side. After completing his NYSC program,he later left Nigeria for the United States to attend Columbia University and Pace University in New York, where he obtained an MBA in Finance and International Business. I will encourage men to compromise here and there to ensure a peaceful home. Online magazine for Africans. Betsy Bene Obaseki comes from Buguma, Kalabari kingdom, Rivers State, where she was born to Mr. and Mrs Ayibo Amachree. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki is the current governor of Edo state. Like so many modern African states, Nigeria is the creation of European imperialism. There is also a strong emphasis on technical education, which led to the revamping of the Government Science and Technical College (formerly Benin Technical College) to train workforce in the state. Five states do not provide the governor with an official residence: Arizona, Idaho, Massachusetts , Rhode Island, and Vermont. Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Godwin Obaseki is married to Betsy Bene Obaseki, a native of Buguma, Kalabari kingdom, Rivers State. But in Africa, there is a support system, relatives come around to support the mother. Obaseki's focus in the health sector is to develop a viable primary healthcare system to provide affordable and accessible health care services to people in the state. I used to take my wife and son to the office when I had work to do at the weekend. Since assuming duty as the Executive Governor of Edo State on 12 November 2016,[23] Mr. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki has enacted projects with the aim of making the state an investment hub. The re-election bid of Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki, has divided major political blocs among the people of Esan, one of the largest ethnic groups in the state, SaharaReporters has learnt. The governor is married to a financial expert like him. Godwin Obaseki and his wife Betsy Bene Obaseki. He was the gubernatorial candidate of the Edo state People's Democratic Party for the 2016 Edo state gubernatorial election. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. So, I had to change. Presently, Betsy is the CEO and Managing Director of BOI Investment and Trust Company Ltd., which is another subsidiary of Bank of Industry Ltd. He is a businessman, politician, and expert in investments. Hes an investment expert, businessman, and politician. No, it did not because I was still able to do the things I was supposed to do. Edo State First Lady, Mrs. Betsy Obaseki has for the first time openly spoken on the absence of children in her home and chided those who have used the issue to make politics. He said the case against him was a most needless attempt by desperate individuals trying to undo the will of the people through the backdoor.[39]. Their choices change but as time goes on, one would begin to identify their areas of strength, weakness, opportunities and threats. He moved back to New York and worked as a Principal of Equatorial Finance Company, a Financial Advisory firm. Leaving the government was one of the happiest periods for me, considering that it gave me the opportunity to have time for my wife and children. Also, he served as a director for Junior Achievement of Nigeria, a local chapter of a global non-profit organization (NGO). There isn't a biological child living with Governor Obaseki and his wife, Betty. After the 2020 Edo State gubernatorial elections, Godwin Obaseki was declared the winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) polling 307,955 against APC's, Godwin Obaseki Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Education, Career And Net Worth, Biography|Edo State|Nigeria|Politicians|Politics|. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has hailed his Delta State counterpart, Ifeanyi Okowa, on his emergence as the running mate to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the . biography and net worth of Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma, African Online Gambling - What You Need To Know, Top 9 Reasons Why You Must Avoid Eating Instant Noodles, Dax Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Education, Career And Net Worth, The Best VoIP Solutions Are On HotTelecom. Governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, have thrown their weight behind their . Betsy is an alumnus of the Kelloggs School of Business Executive Management Program from the North Western University in Illinois, United States. The governor is married to a financial expert like him. Take for example one of Betsys Instagram posts, where she praises Godwin and talks about him in a very adoring way. He later left Nigeria for the United States to attend Columbia University and Pace University in New York, where he obtained an MBA in Finance and International Business. We can list more of her achievements at the Bank, but that might take all day. For details, visit, Why workers will continue to participate in politics - NLC president, Obaseki plots using vigilantes for elections Edo APC, Jackpot and win big with a whooping $100,000,000 prize pool." This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH. Mr. Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State on July 1, 1957. He is also pioneering a state-backed Health insurance scheme to provide a robust sector that will attract private investors.[29]. If their wives do not like smoking or taking alcohol, they have to adjust. During the 2020 Edo Gubernatorial Election, Obaseki seeked for re-election but was disqualified by the party's National Working Committee from contesting the primary elections due to inadequate credentials required. I teach them to greet their seniors when they wake up in the morning. She holds a Bachelor and Master's degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos, and an alumna of the Kellog's School of Business Executive Management Programme, USA. He was first elected governor under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the year 2016 where He defeated Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP and was sworned in as governor on 12 November 2016. Yes. What was your most fearful moment as a dad? For seven years in the administration of Governor Adams Oshiomhole, his predecessor, he served as voluntary Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team as well as Chairman of Tax Assessment Review Committee for Edo State Internal Revenue Service (TARC) and the Committee on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), respectively. He was the gubernatorial candidate of the Edo state Peoples Democratic Party for the 2016 Edo state gubernatorial election. The process leading to the delivery was very emotional because it was her first experience, so she did not find it funny at all. We publish free daily articles on various categories like business, agriculture, health, career tips and more. There isnt a biological child living with Governor Obaseki and his wife, Betty. 7. The love is there, only it is hidden from the public eye, as it should be. In her years, Betsy Obaseki worked as a Merchant Banker, Investment Banker and Development Banker. In January 2018, his government established the Edo State Investment Promotion Office (ESIPO)[31][32][33] to facilitate investments and stakeholders engagements so as to improve the business environment in the state. [35] During the 2020 Edo Gubernatorial Election, Obaseki sought for re-election under the APC but was controversially disqualified by the party's Primary Election Screening Committee from contesting the primary elections, citing missing letters on the governor's National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate and what other observers described as spurious excuses surrounding the governor's university admission. Edo state saw several policy reforms from this EST team back then. Obaseki was also instrumental in attracting the Edo-Azura power project, with support from World Bank to the state. While working at the Bank of Industry, Betsy has achieved quite a lot. He had his secondary education at Eghosa Grammar School, in Edo State as well. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. But we were lucky to have children shortly after our wedding. Godwin Obaseki was born on the 1st of July, 1957 in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria as the third child in his family. She . 1st May 2022 Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki By Alexander Okere Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin. All rights reserved. He earned himself a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. For his mandatory one year National Youth Service, he served in Jos, Plateau State. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. Before serving at the sub-national level, Obaseki served in the Presidential Committee on the Reform of the Nigerian Pension System,[13] which facilitated the introduction of the contributory pension scheme and other novel pension reforms. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki (born 1 July, 1957 in Benin City, Nigeria) is a Nigerian politician and businessman, who is currently serving as the Executive Governor of Edo State. John Odigie Oyegun (born 12 August 1939) is a Nigerian politician who served as the first national chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nigeria. The couple has not yet been conceived. He is also pioneering a state-backed health insurance scheme to provide a robust sector that will attract private investors. After that, Godwin went on to study at the University of Ibadan, where he earned a Bachelor's degree in Classics. punchng.com 1971- 2023 Punch Nigeria Limited, FOREX, BITCOIN AND BINARY TRADING: If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform. 1a. He attended St. Matthew's Primary School for his primary school education and proceeded to Eghosa Grammar School, in Benin City, for secondary education. According to various Media outlets, the estimated value of Obasekis net worth is $225 million. On 29 September 2016, Obaseki was elected as the Governor of Edo State under the platform of the All Progressives Congress. [1], Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, Obaseki is the third child of Late Pa Roland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina Street, Ogbelaka Quarters, Benin City. URGENT NEWS: Earn US Dollars directly paid to your account; Nigerians can now earn up to $14,000- $17,000 profiting from premium domain names. However, his education did not stop there. No. Kingsley Burutu Otuaro (born 16 April 1968) is a Nigerian politician and businessman who is the current deputy governor of Delta State. He has also contributed to the fight against human trafficking and illegal migration.[34]. On 16 June 2020, Obaseki resigned his membership from the All Progressives Congress. Prior to his governorship ambition, he was the Chairman of the Economic and Strategy Team (EST). In this post, Naijauto will be revealing some interesting facts about Governor Godwin Obaseki biography, net worth, houses, and cars. Obaseki had a thriving career in finance and investment banking before going into politics. The World Bank has approved a $75 million facility to support Governor Godwin Obaseki's vision of holistically revamping Edo state's education sector. My children understand what a cane symbolises, so when I mention it, everybody falls in line. On 19 June 2020, Obaseki decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party and declared his intentions to seek re-election on the platform. In the early days when my son was born, I had to allow my wife to sleep while I was awake to take care of the baby. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. [15][2], In an article by Vanguard daily, he was tagged the "Wake and See Governor. Obaseki was disqualified from his second term governorship agenda by APC over alleged inconsistency in his academic certificate and observers pointed accusing fingers on Oshiomhole. The Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has said he is working with the Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, to . Since his assumption as Edo state governor, Obaseki has established various projects in a bid to make Edo an investment hub.

Ensuite Room To Rent Cardiff, Best Neighborhoods In Pittsburgh Suburbs, Joseph Harroz Jr Political Party, How To Display Images Side By Side In Markdown, Backpacking Across America No Money, Articles D

does governor obaseki have a child

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.