best neighborhoods in pittsburgh suburbs

Featured Review: Current Resident says Young professional-centric region, primarily inhabited by people associated with CMU/Pitt or UPMC. You won't find many better places to raise your kids in the region than in Seven Fields and the schools are some of the best around. On top of all its amenities, Squirrel Hill is one of the most . Featured Review: Parent says This school district has come a long way. So what's the best neighborhood to live in Pittsburgh for 2022? Here's the best neighborhoods in Pittsburgh. It has some great restaurants and is convenient for groceries and other life necessities. It is set away from the city living and feels more like a suburb in close proximity to the city living style. Or skip to the end to see the list of all the neighborhoods in the city from best to worst. Perfect for 1st time home owner's, young professionals, families, be creative. Very walkable, and places to get to on foot like the neighborhood pool, baseball field, playground, Schenley Park, a couple of bars and restaurants. The schools are amazing filled with great teachers and resources. Recent job growth is Positive. 6 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. 14 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. Explore the best neighborhoods to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Top Lists The 20 Most Popular Neighborhoods For Renters in Pittsburgh By Crystal Chen February 22, 2016 1. Even with the big restructuring 2 years ago, there was no negative change.The high school had severe issues with fights and police presents in the past. I also love being able to walk or bike through Allegheny Cemetery. Lebanon is the only place I'd consider living. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. #16 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. However, I later found how tight knit the community is and just how kind and social everyone in the neighborhood is. Everything is within walking distance, and there are various places for people to interact and become happier. It's far more affordable than the other cities listed above. Celebrate your love of Bruce Springsteen's catalogue with these travel destinations from his songs, and why you might want to visit them. #18 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. As an alumni of Moon Area High School, I can comfortably say that educationally, Moon Township provides a great education for students committed to getting the most out of public school. For more Pennsylvania reading, check out: Population: 11,446Rank Last Year: 1 (No Change)Median Home Value: $401,640 (best)Median Income: $123,405 (best)More on Squirrel Hill North: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 5,555Rank Last Year: 2 (No Change)Median Home Value: $276,757 (Sixth best)Median Income: $109,215 (Second best)More on Point Breeze: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 13,593Rank Last Year: 3 (No Change)Median Home Value: $290,693 (Fifth best)Median Income: $53,305 (26th best)More on Shadyside: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 6,854Rank Last Year: 4 (No Change)Median Home Value: $150,738 (14th best)Median Income: $62,251 (14th best)More on Highland Park: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 7,858Rank Last Year: 6 (Up 1)Median Home Value: $138,978 (18th best)Median Income: $66,111 (Eighth best)More on Greenfield: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 15,572Rank Last Year: 5 (Down 1)Median Home Value: $237,164 (Eighth best)Median Income: $65,941 (Ninth best)More on Squirrel Hill South: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 5,548Rank Last Year: 7 (No Change)Median Home Value: $213,383 (Ninth best)Median Income: $61,427 (15th best)More on Southside Flats: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 3,544Rank Last Year: 8 (No Change)Median Home Value: $107,350 (26th best)Median Income: $59,680 (16th best)More on Westwood: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 2,940Rank Last Year: 9 (No Change)Median Home Value: $126,925 (22nd best)Median Income: $53,016 (27th best)More on Morningside: Homes For Sale|Data, Population: 973Rank Last Year: 10 (No Change)Median Home Value: $300,900 (Fourth best)Median Income: $67,188 (Seventh best)More on Regent Square: Homes For Sale|Data. Phipps Conservatory, an 1893 Lord & Burnham glass greenhouse sits up the hill in Schenley Park. People often say Pittsburgh is like one giant small town. If you like that intimacy, youre going to love the actual small towns scattered throughout the. The residents are friendly. Please. I always felt safe, knew our neighbors and everything was very walkable. There is the right mix of older and newer homes, which means there are housing options for a wider range of incomes. Read 66 reviews. There are a lot of punk musicians and artists that live and work here. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. Of course, not all suburbs of Pittsburgh are created equally, which is precisely why we set out to find the best ones. Brookline Highland Park Point Breeze Regent Square Squirrel Hill North Brookline Photo via @piattsir Home Price: $91,167 median purchase price; $721 median monthly rent Crime Rate: Safer than 71% of Pittsburgh neighborhoods In the past few years, the same borderline obnoxious pride that Pittsburgh has for its sports teams has extended to the city's restaurants. The neighborhood maintains a diversity and uniqueness that contributes to a highly progressive environment. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. A solid 2.54% of people lack insurance, good for 22nd in the area. Nice, clean, and safe neighborhood, perfect for walking and jogging. It has everything a young person would want including parks, businesses, and restaurants. 25 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. But the schools are beautiful and new. Other than some neighborhoods in the city, Mt. Commute time to Downtown: 24 Minutes. There's even a little trail with a quaint sitting area. Read on below to learn more about what it's like to live in the best places Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has to offer. Bird on the Run - East Liberty / South Side - $$. It was built for the steel factories that lined the river bank, the neighborhoodIt's growing as a neighborhood for young urban professionals and those looking for that party-experience once they graduate. Pittsburgh Metro Area jobs have increased by 0.3%. 7 Niche users give it an average review of 4.6 stars. 28 Niche users give it an average review of 4.6 stars. Must have a good reputation as houses sell very quickly when put on the market. 21 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars. FYI: We defined a suburb as being within 30 miles of Pittsburgh. Meridian Home Sale Price (2017): $557,500. We all like to make the area around us safer, cleaner, healthier, and happier. The Strip is within walking distance from Downtown, and driving distance from the rest of the city. Friendly neighbors. Read 6 reviews. Some Great Neighborhoods to Investigate When Buying a Home in Pittsburgh: Northern Suburbs - Popular Pittsburgh When Interstate 279 North was completed, the area north of the city experienced a housing boom. Gooski's and the Rock Room are excellent dive bars and always chill places to grab a beer and some food. Feel free to check out some more reading about Pennsylvania: Aspinwall is always mentioned as one of the best suburbs in the Pittsburgh area. if(window.innerWidth<700){ezoicSiteSpeed(jQuery(document),String(/documentReady/).substring(1).slice(0,-1),String(/jQuery-document-dot-ready/).substring(1).slice(0,-1),function($){$("#skip_expand").html("(Expand+)");$("#toc ul").css("display","none");$("#skip_expand").on("click",function(){$("#toc ul").toggle()});$("#toc h3").on("click",function(){$("#toc ul").toggle()});});}. That's exactly what you get with Upper Lawrenceville. They upgraded or rebuild whole Schools in the last years. Bethel Park, Mount Lebanon, Castle Shannon, Upper Saint Clair, McCandless, South Park, Moon, Peters Township, South Fayette, Oakdale, etc. 23 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Come for a look, I assure you - you will love the area. But the view is so spectacular, no trip to Pittsburgh would be complete without it. You'll find tray and round pizza variations, plus some of the pasta and sides that make the original Alta Via one of our Best Restaurants. Editor's Note: We updated this article for 2022. Featured Review: Current Resident says In all honesty, cranberry Township is a great place to live for pretty penny. Additionally, Aspinwall is very clean, and each citizen who lives here does their part to keep the town beautiful. For over 100 years, the neighborhood has been the best place in Pittsburgh to shop for specialty foods. Fire house in the neighborhood, affordable housing, a quiet, quaint neighborhood, good neighbors who watch out for each other and take pride in their homes, easy access to bus stops. There are some great parks, and you can easily live here without a car. Read 6 reviews. It takes less than 15 minutes to drive from Squirrel Hill to downtown Pittsburgh. It is close to 1-79 and only 20 minutes from downtown with no traffic. Or skip to the end to see the list of all the suburbs ranked from best to worst. The major attractions can be seen in one morning, so consider it a jumping-off point to the rest of the city. #24 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. Lebanon reminds me of a mix of Seattle neighborhoods based on architecture, business mix and the culture of the community. The neighborhood Pittsburgh refers to as the Northsideis actually 18 neighborhoods, all located, you guessed it, north of the city. The Cultural District holds Pittsburghs theaters. Having two bus lines run through the neighborhood means that you never have to wait long. Featured Review: Current Resident says McMurray has a hometown feel that I'll miss even when I leave for college. 44 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. Featured Review: Current Resident says Regent Square is one of my favorite neighborhoods. He originally worked for Movoto Real Estate as the director of marketing before founding HomeSnacks. But that's where the suburbs come in--they have all of the benefits of being near big cities, without actually having to be big cities. May opportunities for good schooling and close to food and fun. Read 8 reviews. Oakland is centrally located and easy to get to from almost anywhere in the city. There are shops to cater to most people's needs, although I recommend owning a car to get around. This feels like the Brooklyn of Pittsburgh with incredible views of the city. Make sure to visit our Highland Park Jazz concert series located next to the reservoir every Sunday in the month of August. Read 14 reviews. The police department regularly drives by and makes sure the community is safe at night. Read 40 reviews. With that comes some snobbiness, but that is the minority. Walkable with nice food options. Read 3 reviews. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. We're lookin' at you, Squirrel Hill North. From Downtown, either walk or drive across the Smithfield Street Bridge. Squirrel Hill South is a fairly large neighborhood in Pittsburgh as more than 16 thousand people are living in this area. Only two remain. Population: 2,762Rank Last Year: 3 (Down 1)Median Income: $105,208Unemployment Rate: 5.4%Poverty Rate: 2.8%More on Seven Fields: Real Estate|Data|Photos. But in terms of buying a home or raising a family I'd say look elsewhere. #53 Best Places to Live in Pittsburgh Area. The Coop Chicken & Waffles - North Side - $ to $$. tako Torta - Bakery Square - $$ to $$$. Read on to see how we determined the places around Pittsburgh that deserve a little bragging rights or maybe you're interested in the worst neighborhoods in Pittsburgh. Subscribe to Lonely Planet newsletters and promotions. We analyzed over 94 places around Pittsburgh to identify the most in demand places to live. School lunches are still free and the school provides all the teaching material to the children. Here are the 10 best suburbs to live around Pittsburgh for 2022: Aspinwall Edgewood Fox Chapel Seven Fields Sewickley Oakmont Plum Franklin Park Jefferson Hills Pleasant Hills What's the best suburb of Pittsburgh? The neighborhood also retains a lot of its old, gritty, charm- especially with the markets along Penn and Smallman Streets. Read 3 reviews. This dichotomy of local pride mixed with international cuisine is what makes the neighborhood so special. Aside from education, Moon Township has a variety of restaurants, supermarkets, gyms, and other daily conveniences. The schools are fantastic, and my kids get to walk to school because they're so close. To outsiders, the city is known for its sports teams and former steel industry. Top areas are in purple and green, with less-desired areas in red. Living in Highland Park offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. #22 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Because of the small class sizes, teachers are able to work with their students one-on-one if they are struggling in a certain class. And we want you to know it. There are tons of great cafes and food options in Upper Saint Clair. The neighborhood Pittsburgh refers to as "the Northside" is actually 18 neighborhoods, all located, you guessed it, north of the city. You can find out more about him on LinkedIn or his website. #75 Best Places to Live in Pittsburgh Area. Because the Northside encompasses so many pockets, anyone can find something to do here. 13 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. #9 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. Featured Review: Current Resident says I really love the Friendship neighborhood! Some of my favorite things about Aspinwall is the local yoga studio I attend, being able to walk to my job, and both of the parks in the town. I've lived here my whole life and I've grown to appreciate the public library, the many thrift stores, and the Montour Bike Trail that have been around for as long as I can remember. The residents are friendly. I live only a minute or so away from Fox Chapel Plaza and the Waterworks, so there is definitely lots. Current Resident: While living in Bradford Woods, I have always loved the privacy of the area. Marshall-Shadeland Although mainly residential, Marshall-Shadeland boasts a small but lively neighborhood business district along with its healthy stock of affordable homes. If you're in one of the places we're about to highlight, odds are you know you've got it made. There are tons of restaurants, and you can easily get anywhere via car or bus. The tennis courts and gold course are walking distance from the high school, which has just been renovated. Most residents have great jobs and the unemployment rate sits at 5.04% which is 3best in the area. The area is most definitely a low crime rate area, with actually a higher than average population that is geriatric by nature (for PA). Featured Review: Current Resident says Neighborhood has good schools, and is close to universities. 6. When you click through real estate links on our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Also, the neighborhood has just amazing trees that makes it feel very nature-focused. It has everything a young person would want including parks, businesses, and restaurants. Average rent for apartments in this neighborhood is around $1,439. As an alumni of Moon Area High School, I can comfortably say that educationally, Moon Township provides a great education for students committed to. Current Resident: Green Tree is a very safe, welcoming environment with friendly people. Squirrel Hill North Population: 11,446 Rank Last Year: 1 (No Change) Median Home Value: $401,640 (best) Median Income: $123,405 (best) More on Squirrel Hill North: Homes For Sale | Data Source: Wikipedia User | GFDL 2. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. #27 Best Places to Live in Pittsburgh Area. All of the teachers and faculty that I've interacted with throughout my years here have been extremely friendly and supportive, and the aspect that especially stands out here is the welcoming students and inclusive school culture. And here's why. It is a mix of commercial and residential areas and home to many college faculty and students as well. Love Stanton Heights and the people. Most residents are well-educated with good jobs, or are affluent retirees to match. #7 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. Our school district is one of the best in the state, and conveniently, walking distance from our residence. Although, there is not much variety of things to do for fun here, but it is close to Pittsburgh and other surrounding. Former Resident: Growing up in Sewickley was absolutely wonderful. Larimer takes the title of the worst neighborhood to live in Pittsburgh. Downtown. The bad side? 23 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. The funicular stations are at the base of the hill. The 10 Best Neighborhoods To Live In Pittsburgh 1. I live with my parents, grew up here I'm 25. #6 Best Places to Live in Pittsburgh Area. I love that it feels almost like a cozy little suburb, but you are only a few bus stops away from busier parts of the East End.. Former Resident: Living in the Strip District was so much fun; it's increasingly becoming a place with more longer-term residents and new reinvestment and seeing the growth and development has been wonderful. 40 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. So, if you're thinking of moving to Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh is on the top of your list, check out our best neighborhoods to live in. Out are the retired country club members and in are the younger representatives with a fresh perspective on what makes a community vibrant and desirable. And rounding out the top ten for 2022 is Pleasant Hills. But even though this charming neighborhood sits so close to the inner-city, it offers an impressive array of its own dining options, coffee shops, bars, local shops, and green spaces. There are many small, local stores, as well as a high-rated elementary school and 7-12. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. 38 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. It was built for the steel factories that lined the river bank, the neighborhood reflects that. This feels like the Brooklyn of Pittsburgh with incredible views of the city. And finally, we crowned the neighborhood with the lowest best neighborhood index the "Best City Neighborhood In Pittsburgh." Well, if Epcot also featured a Steelers paraphernalia store on every block. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. The neighborhood is filled with so many artistic people, and it's apparent even if you just walk around the block. Fire house in the neighborhood, affordable housing, a quiet, quaint neighborhood, good neighbors who watch out for each other andYou really can't go wrong in this neighborhood.. Current Resident: I really love the Friendship neighborhood! They emphasize strong academics, but more importantly they focus on teaching the whole child. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. Property tax is outrageous but worth it if you have kids in public. Current Resident: Dormont has everything you can want in an urban settingwalkable business districts, friendly neighborhoods, tons of restaurants, even a neighborhood movie theater! #17 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. #3 Best Suburbs to Live in Pittsburgh Area. We aim to deliver bite-sized pieces of infotainment about where you live. Featured Review: Niche User says The weather is not the best, however, the atmosphere in Pittsburgh is really chill.

Usta Friend At Court 2022 Handbook, Working For Companies Owned By Plymouth Brethren, Articles B

best neighborhoods in pittsburgh suburbs

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.