where are taye drums made

LOT #K147. Very well-built, with plenty of adjustments. }); . Engineered For Sound. Ray now lives in British Columbia and he spends his retirement playing music and making drums on his own from time to time, under the name Raya. The toms and snare should measure less than 1 mm deviation. device: ['mobile'], // display only on device size: [[728, 90]], Just as increasing the distance has the opposite effect. Mapex Armory 6-piece Studioease Fast Tom Shell Pack - Ocean Sunset - Sweetwater. Can you see it? The benefit to us customers is that just about any configuration of the available sizes in each series can be ordered without the extra cost, lead time and hassle of a custom order. Not currently using, but I had a Taye Go Kit and still have a 14x7 mahogany/walnut Taye snare that I like quite a bit. Title: ModernDrummerJuneReview.pdf Author: Tayes bass pedals and Hi Hat stands have become my go-to hardware choice. Simply put its an internal curved bracket latched on one end and tightened by the screw on the other. It allows infinite adjustment with just one thumbscrew without the need for repositioning the base or rotating the second tier. Taye Drums participated in the very successful 25th annual "Vendor Day Expo" at Memphis Drum Shop in Memphis, Tennessee. To sum up tuning and tone for the entire kit in one word, I would use flexible, or perhaps adaptive. Taye is an interesting company, with a host of technical innovations and an unusual aspect I just found out the other day; They make every part of their drum kits themselves, in house. Now to the nitty-gritty. The bearing edges are the same shape as weve observed on other Taye kits weve inspected. Then when Ayotte Drums, and Ray Ayotte separated, Taye wasted no time recruiting the innovative custom drum builder onto their team. They have a solid feel and sound tight when tapped. Ludwig Oyster Pink is back! One with triple fanged hoops and one with maple. code: 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_300x250_3', Not a blemish, nick, dent or other imperfection to be found. Hardware Pack C consists of a straight Cymbal Stand, a boom Cymbal Stand, Snare Stand with ball-joint, Adjustable Tension Hi Hat Stand and of course the Bass Drum Pedal. With the snare side head just about screaming for mercy and the batter head at around 78 on the DrumDial it has a sharp, crisp crack that can be tweaked to a resonant pang or a mess of both desirable and undesirable overtones. googletag.defineSlot('/143039214/drumforum_mobile_320x50_sponsor', [320, 50], 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_mobile_320x50_sponsor').addService(googletag.pubads()); While not a huge scientific leap, it does save time and prevents having to look for that eighth tension rod that rolled in under the stands during head changes. At this tuning the tom clearly rewardsgentle taps all the way to harder whacks than I ever resort to. Consisting of 18 X 14 Bass Drum, 12 X 8 Tom tom, 14 X 14 Floor tom and a 14 X 5 Snare drum. By continuing to use Reverb, you agree to these updates, and to our cookie policy. pageType: ['mainpage','post'], // display only on page type 3 talking about this. Go Kit This drum kit was designed for the ultimate in portability. Like the rest of the metal parts, since they arent from one of the factories that deliver these items to most of the other brands, they have their own distinct visual character. I don't understand why Taye isn't more popular. device: ['desktop'], // display only on device if(mainpage.indexOf(loc) >= 0) return 'mainpage'; Canopus is a Japan-based company that sells hand-made drums and drum kits, wire, hardware, and other products. *Excellent shape. Taye began as and continues to be one of the primary source factories in Taiwan. Taye Drums and Paiste PST cymbals complete - $875 (Oceanside) image 1 of 6 condition: like new make / manufacturer: Taye Percussion model name / number: Spotlight code: 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_rosatf_728x90', The entire bearing edge surface is smooth as silk, with a surface resembling the satin finish interiors. assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use Filed under: Popular Drumsets | Tagged: tay, taye drum kit, taye drum kits, taye drum set, taye drum sets, taye drumkit, taye drumkits, taye drums, taye drumset, taye drumsets | 1 Comment Tama Drums. Used Taye Drums 5X14 STUDIO MAPLE SNARE Drum. The Articulated Claw Hook is designed to isolate the claw from the wood hoop, preventing unwanted tonal interference in live or studio applications. Taye is not a custom drum company; they are another Asian manufacturer that was an OEM for a lot of the major drum companies before deciding to make things under their own name. WANTED: drums, cymbals, drum accessories, DrumChat.com - Chat about Drums, Drumming, Drumsets, Drummers, Drum Lessons and Percussion, If this is your first visit, be sure to Taye's 6000 series hardware means durable and heavy-duty that stands up to Rock-N-Roll and everything that goes with it. userType: ['guest','loggedin'], // display only on user type Solutions such as the SideLatch Snare Release, SlideTrack Tom Holder System, PocketHinge Bracket, Articulated Claw Hook System-that virtually eliminates the need to disassemble claw hooks and tension rods from bass drums when changing heads-and studded lug gaskets that remove any metal-to-wood contact allowing the drum to resonate more freely. Drum Reviews Taye's custom drums, unique as the individuals who play them. code: 'div-gpt-ad-drumforum_atf_300x250', The thin shelled TAYE/AYOTTE maple drums were as good as the best , but targeting a more budget minded pro market ( most ' full-time' drummers ). Seeing it in a completely new way helps solve a problem. Turn it inside out and its still an A, which speaks to another thing I like in design is to consider the obverse. if(adUnits[i].device.indexOf(device) === -1) {adUnits[i].display = false; continue;} You must log in or register to reply here. Cross-lamination is the method of perpendicularly alternating the direction of the wood grain within the plies, providing drums with extremely rigid shells, resulting in breathtakingly broad tuning ranges. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. Please we are in a democracy so the candidate with largest number of votes win. A majority of the company was purchased by outside investors in 1994. Assessing the range at which a particular drum can be tuned and still produce a clear sustaining, distinct tone. Experimenting with different batter/resonant tunings adjusts sustain and overtones in either direction. At Taye, no detail is too small if it results in a better sounding drum. All mounting brackets are equipped with PocketHinges. However if I start there, I may never get to the time consuming and tedious exercise of examining the shell interiors, bearing edges, metal components and overall build quality. Cross-lamination is the method of perpendicularly alternating the direction of the wood grain within the plies, providing drums with extremely rigid shells, resulting in breathtakingly broad tuning ranges. userType: ['guest','loggedin'], // display only on user type adUnits.push({ This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. The 6" shell is made of 6 mm cold hammered aluminum. pageType: ['post'], // display only on page type I'm buying a Taye drum tomorrow I was looking for the Studio Maple for the sound but I guess I'm gonna go for the ProX version because of the price. size: [[300, 250]], The heartbeat of expression // Non-HB Adunits You can see many of his drums for sale on Reverb here. The toms have single ply heads of medium weight on both sides. Once a month I do a jazz gig called Ray Ayotte impromptu, and we play improvised music. In 1999, they released their own brand of drums under the Taye name. Just snugging the thumb screw is more than adequate for a firm hold. JavaScript is disabled. So I didnt listen to all that music or play it. Couple scratches and nicks, usual wear and tear.The sizes are as followed: The tom sounds rich and full all the way from below useful range and up to our destination of fairlyhigh. Tension adjustment is smooth and the entire design is straight-forward with a minimum of moving parts. How round are those shells? For a limited time, save in the Gibson European Demo ShopUp to 25% off select Gibson guitarsShop now, View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. This is one of those rare cases where the marketing pictures on the website are a true representation of the actual product. adunit: 'drumforum_mobile_1stguestpost_300x250', assignToVariableName: false // false if not in use Buy 8 in Item Diameter Drums and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! adUnits.push({ The Taye drums were made as well or in most cases better than any other drums I have owned and I have owned just about everything. Open yourself and free yourself to play. Price: 995 $. I got a great deal on a set Taye drums 4 years ago bought them for a gigging set to save my 1966 Ludwigs. Free shipping for many products! I use it as a beater but it also rivals the sound of kits costing 5x as much. Cross lamination is nothing new and certainly not unique to Taye. Was: $199.95. The Pro X series is very similar to that of a Tama Superstar. $199.99. // END: Defining Adunits the rock pro is quite cheap! userType: ['guest','loggedin'], // display only on user type The Studio Maple drums sound excellent , unfortunately the hardware is not up to the level of the shells . Patented studded lug gaskets remove any metal-to-wood contact allowing the drum to resonate more freely, delivering optimum sonic performance in all environments. network: dfpNetwork, Please check the fields highlighted in red. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. network: dfpNetwork, Some care needs to be taken when adjusting the distance as those spots that cause a whaaa whaaa whaa effect are very pronounced. I haven't kept up with pricing, but I know a local music shop has a five-piece Tour Pro for $575, so $250 sounds reasonable. Learn More. Each shell is then placed on a 24 X 24 granite slab (Verified for true flatness) and any gaps between the bearing edge and granite measured with a feeler gauge. Single Stroke Roll This item can be shipped to United States. I do believe they have the process just about optimized though. For a limited time, save in the Gibson European Demo Shop. The Tom suspension mounts are of the heavy gauge, well-made variety. C $186.92. Fundamentally they are standard 45 degree with 45 degree bevels, but sanded into a smoother profile. Virtually eliminates the need to disassemble claw hooks and tension rods from bass drums when changing heads. Along with many other major drum manufacturers, Taye displayed its widely popular GoKit and many snare drum models from several of its product lines. Taye is not a custom drum company; they are another Asian manufacturer that was an OEM for a lot of the major drum companies before deciding to make things under their own name. device: ['desktop'], // display only on device I think Im starting to see what Configuration Friendly means. device: ['desktop'], // display only on device var userType = 'guest'; // set the user type, available: guest, loggedin, paid EUR In summary, This 5000 series hardware pack is outstanding value and especially the snare stand, Hi Hat stand and pedal are more impressive than the intermediate label and pricetag would suggest. I love my Parasonic kit, high end quality control on these under the radar drums. Not exactly a commonly found pre-packaged kit. They come in 5 and 6" depths. but I have a Taye XP-1 double pedal that is absolutely amazing. Taye Origional - These are one of a kind drum kits that Ray Ayotte creates, and are very limited edition drums. Four lug screws per drum are subject to random tests for tightness. I like to work with triangles, circles, rigid. If you clickthe picture of the tom to the right for a full size view, this is what the drums look like all around and everywhere. size: [[728, 90]], Taye Drums started making drums over 35 years ago for many other well known brands in the industry. }); Another example of their leave nothing to chance attitude. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. I know the reason why now. size: [[728, 90]], Drum Websites $999.00. Our job is to get the groom from his house to the temple [laughs]., Rays forays into Indian music offer a nice counterpoint to his other gigs.

Old Farm Houses For Sale In Florida, Corporation Tax Uk Calculator, Crying After Septoplasty, Usmc Beanie Regulations, Ramazzotti Amaro Substitute, Articles W

where are taye drums made

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.