tomb of annihilation magic fountain

0000028877 00000 n September 30th, 2014, Release Date: Dak and Nori went down into the pit to push the buttons. September 3rd, 2019, Release Date: You could run it as a gag, but I dont think youd have to. The Magic Fountain (chapter 5) Hey everyone. Notify administrators if there is objectionable content in this page. 0000025709 00000 n Buy the book from Game Kastle to support the D&D Compendium! While this was happening, Billie noticed that the pendant he found in the eastern tunnel seemed to be pulling him towards a previously unseen western tunnel. Finn explored down the left hallway instead, checking for traps as he went. Therin most likely wont be first in line again any time soon. If the goal is to have an effect that would make them drink twice then it kind of has to affect some sort of binary status of the player so that they see it as a switch that they can flip back by drinking again. But George could see another sarcophagus on the other side, and brazenly ducked inside the mouth. Hover to zoom. Andor first and then Billie crawled through the skulls mouth, and wisely Chidi stayed back as he saw both lights from the eyes of the skull go out. The bashed their way through and crawled into the room as the wight-corpses rose to attack. A large fountain dominated the center of the room, with three marble maidens holding pitchers out of which the water flowed. On the wall behind the sarcophagus, two 2023 Wizards. This terrible undead creature awoke, bursting out of the crystaline sarcophagus to attack! After some initial confusion, everyone opted to stay inside and ended up dealing with the poisonous gas. The heroes learned that the paper-mache masks, when worn, would allow one to enter this room without alerting the eyes, which would then in turn alert the wights. He found a stone door blocking his way, an iron lever set into the door, and a stone skull leering down from above. Those who dare enter take heed: The enemies oppose. It looked smaller than an adults skull, however. Chidi went on point and successfully navigated through he next area, only getting a couple of darts stuck in them. Dungeon cards are nontraditional Magic cards that begin outside the game. Going through the north door, Dak and Finn found a rusting statue of a knight standing at the west end of a hall, gripping a large iron shield. Billie investigated the sarcophagus and grabbed a staff lying on top. The middle of the room held a sarcophagus with a serpent on the lid, but his eyes were drawn to a glass box containing a floating, flaming skull. Undeterred by this, Chidi drank from it as well. Peeking in they could see a room with a sarcophagus, a large bronze disk with glaring eyes, and half a dozen corpses slumped in chairs around the room, wearing feathery masks. They would be hit with a effects of the trap inside it, but once each of the three chests was done, the sarcophagus would turn transparent. Therin noted a buildup of gas around the corner, but Gillian fired off a Gust of Wind using her Triton mastery over air and water to disperse it, ran up the nearby stairs, and spotted the secret door right away. Then they headed down to the 2nd level. I need a little help/group brainstorming to assist me with altering one of the effects of the magic fountain found in room 9 of the tomb's Rotten Halls. The issue is that one of my players is trans, and I feel like a gag about changing genders just for player laughs would be highly insensitive and runs the risk of at best making someone uncomfortable or at worst seriously pissing people off. Examining each of the statues, the adventurers notice that they are images of eight of the nine trickster gods of Omu. In this case, Id start with your trans player. Vigrid donned the mask, opened the lid, grabbed the ring, and because inhabitet by the spirit of Obolaka, which gave him the ability to wear the +1 Ring of Protection but Vigrid became risk-adverse. Magic Fountain Result of a 1 - DC 12 or CON 44 (8d10) Necrotic - Disintegrates at 0 HP 16. You should check them out. As he does so, the other adventurers hear what sounds like a stone slab slamming into place. (Leads to: Veils of Fear, Oubliette) Veils of Fear Each player loses 2 life unless they discard a card. Behind it, they can see a dark passageway obscured by withered creepers. There's a lot of that, and your time in-game actually matters in this campaign, so prepare to manage your . Its very Alice in Wonderland. Oh god, what do I do. The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger . Dak, Finn, Koopa, Gresh, and Nori brought the name "Falon" to Candlekeep, where Gresh's wife, Alyssa, told them what she knew of him: "Twenty years ago the famous explorer Falon T'selvin contracted his adventuring band to a mysterious mage perhaps this was Desatysso? Calmer heads prevails and the heroes decided to take a short rest after acquiring the Triangle-head from the skeleton nearby. Press J to jump to the feed. 0000009589 00000 n You can help our automatic cover photo selection by reporting an unsuitable photo. Afraid of the fountains other potential powers, the adventurers return to the previous chamber, using a wall of stone spell to prevent the statue from destroying anymore of their equipment. Skulls crusted with dried mud glower from niches cut into the walls of this tomb. LOL. Now I just need to know what to replace it with. hb``e``e```[ JavaScript is currently disabled. Dungeons & Dragons and D&D are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. Placing the cubes in just as before, with Unkh in the center this time, the door opens. On the wall behind the sarcophagus, two large statues of bears grip a five-foot diameter bronze disk embossed with a dozen glaring eyes that dart about. Send a suggestion; Uninstall Wikiwand; Upgrade to Wikiwand 2.0 Our magic isn't perfect. Adventure for Levels 1-11. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. This does introduce the possibility of killing a player who thinks he's out of danger, but the more dice, the closer the damage will stick to the average, and the increased danger will be offset by the sense of both drama and fairness. While this does mean youd spoil dome of the surprise, I think being situationally aware and empathic more than makes up for it. Volothamp "Volo" Geddarm. Youre right to nix that effect. As they are looking, they can see a skeletal figure with a curious, metal cap protruding from its skull. Live streamed and uploaded every week on YouTube. Finn used the immovable rod to keep the jaws from closing, allowing everyone to pass through unharmed. As the party discovered, the trickster god possessions arent all bad you gain a new power as well as a new personality flaw. They didn't know where that flesh golem had come from, or the frequency in which more might arrive. A second, smaller tunnel burrows into the base of the cliff to the east. A second later, swarms of undead spiders poured out from the walls! See pages that link to and include this page. I want to replace random effect #3 (creature changes sex) with something more interesting. This poor, old woman had lost a leg inside the tomb, and she was so traumatized by the experience that she couldn't say much other than the fact that she'd lost her faith and could no longer cast cleric spells, and her leg had been crushed by a stone skull inside the tomb. The cleric took a drink and was silenced for 8 hours, and decided to drink more in order to try to undo it. 0000003695 00000 n Obolaka is nervous and paranoid, but also lets their host attune to an additional magic item, which immediately allowed Therin to attune to the Ring of Protection (hes also attuned to the Staff of Thorns, Animated Shield, and Necklace of Prayer Beads). The character is still substantially the one they wanted to play, just less optimal. If you just want to replace it with a harmless effect you could make it change their skin color to something unnatural but annoying like red or bright green. Koopa drank water from the fountain, and felt pretty ill afterward. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied. After some deliberation, the characters decide that they must place the puzzle cubes they collected from the city in each of the niches, leaving Unkh out. Obsidian Portal has a lot of really cool features that use JavaScript. They then headed north through the other hidden door, easily passed the magnet puzzle with a dispel magic, and found the fountain. The girl shrieked in horror, shattering the crystal box. There were two secret doors in this room. He proceeded to gather up all the masks from the corpses and pass them out to the rest of the party as they entered Obolakas Tomb. 0000049618 00000 n 0000037503 00000 n Into darkness descend. Dak noted the shards and flakes of rusted metal on the floor around the statue's feet. After dealing with the skull lord in the sarcophagus, the party considered resting in this room, but worried that they'd be harassed by more tomb guardians. Through great use of the Wand of Fear the heroes were able to narrow down the wight attackers and whittle them down one at a time. Pulled towards it, one of the characters finds their suit of armor turns to a pile of powdered rust. Starfinder Battles Galactic Heroes Galactic Villains . 0000001527 00000 n Click to enlarge. When our group first started playing Tomb of Annihilation, the prospect of emphasizing the dangers of the jungle was very exciting.While in a typical region (like the Sword Coast of Faern), characters can generally expect to find a small town (and maybe an inn) within a day of travel in pretty much any direction and therefore will rarely face a situation where they have to forage for food . It could just be a fun roleplay opportunity! The floor did not give out, plunging everyone down into a pit with spikes covered in poison that would last for 24 hours. Once again, if the player disagrees, offer the more neutral alternative. 0000012191 00000 n The keys turn on the inside only. HWNH}W[NwvK$d5a#B [U@Bmw]N0_Vpx8>|AYjj|7L8(\as*XyG9h^a}trIgy} I8y\$UpK:O_tR]\~B$uUh@J$eYq,K Exploring further, the adventurers discover a secret passage leading down to the stream they saw through the grate. 0000037234 00000 n George, was curious. Having said that, I have no idea what that might be other than gender. "Can I cast Tashas Laughter on myself to cheer myself up?". It yelped when it noticed them, turn and ran into a giant skull head in the wall. But while he was investigating the next room, Ohgram decided to try himself. In a grand staircase that descended into darkness, the heroes stayed on this level and traveled to the opposite side. APEuAAAAX n>WL,VePaCp @7/bXqWf$lf-`O`+aTm3u^ JavaScript is currently disabled. 0000015845 00000 n Keep Your Powder Dry: Firearms for 5E Fantasy CampaignsNearly 40 firearms with customization options for 5E games, plus magic items, feats for gunslingers, and the alchemist character class! This is a list of the 13 traps in the Tomb that kill you at 0 HP - unlike virtually every other effect in the game. Initially I'll be allowing Medium DC saving throws when they're not normally allowed. I promise to be good!, I believe so, says Yareck. They also discover a chest dangling from chains above the water. D&D Compendium is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. The rest of the party lost their minds, "Can we do something to save him", "Oh god oh no". There's no record as to the specifics, but the expedition met with utter disaster. On their floor, stairs led down, and three other archways led to different hallways, including the west leading back to the original green devil face intersection. Necessary cookies can be opted out through your browser settings. Magic The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers Board Game Complete. 0000062902 00000 n They the heroes came to a spinning propeller in the middle of a hallway, that would slowly ramp up to full speed when anyone stepped on the long pressure plate before it. Bottom line, like for most good D&D questions, is: talk to your players about it. Finn raised his holy symbol and turned all the spiders to dust; the floating skull retreated to the back of the room where she was quickly dispatched by Dak and Nori. When they arrive at the top of the stairs again, they can see on the ceiling above them a skeletal figure similar to the one they saw before peering down at them from the ceiling. The keys turn on the inside only. Blocking the passage near its northern end is a large adamantine propeller with five sharp blades. They all tried to pressure each other into drinking to witness more of these effects. At the end of the hallway, the barbarian inspected the devil face on the wall and saw an opening in the mouth big enough to crawl in. The issue here is that this would affect more than RP since it could change the PC's stats and would also change up all their race-based abilities. The talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse: a wasting disease afflicting everyone whos ever been raised from the dead. A Death-Defying Adventure for Levels 1-11 A rusted iron grate was set in the middle of the floor halfway down the hall. Knowing my group, I am considering just telling them where the 'danger zone' is: * Although I normally roll behind the screen or take the average, I think in these cases i will amp up the drama by doing the insta-kill damage rolls out in front of everyone. A Guide to Tomb of Annihilation (pay what you want) Tomb of Annihilation Companion SlyFlourish Guide DMs Workshop Guides Using Adventurer's League Modules Adventurer's League Official Modules World Timeline Through the Events of the Adventure List of Magic Items and their locations in ToA Recommended Materials Preparation After a long debate about a single-file marching order (Chidi, Andor, Vigrid, Ohgram, Chenin, Belethor, Billie) the heroes investigated the area: Here the statues were opposite each other in these alcoves and when the cubes were brought in, the oil basins beneath them lit up. A large fountain dominated the center of the room, with three marble maidens holding pitchers out of which the water flowed. Wiz Kids Chief Yorb - Tomb of Annihilation Box Set 1 - Icons of The Realms - D&D - Dungeons and Dragons - Medium 1" Base Painted Plastic Miniature. The heroes moved on. You are using an out of date browser. The group just entered the tomb last session, so this could come up as soon as next week. The adventurers stop to examine the corridor as the skeleton scrambles past the propeller. 40). JavaScript is currently disabled. He opened the silver chest and crawled inside, finding a golden key in there. And then the dungeon turned into a window shopping adventure, where the heroes just looked around at a bunch of rooms but never went in any of them. $20.00 + $14.05 shipping. All with official Dungeons & Dragons digital content! The door to the north led to stairs and the underground river, but once again the adventurers refrained from going the water route. A stone sarcophagus rests on a stepped dais in the middle of the floor. I believe he has possessed me of a sort. And a childs voice filled his head, Whats happening, whos there?. Four lines engraved at the center of the slab cross one to another to form a star, with both ends of each line marking the location of a cube shaped cavity cut into the door eight cavities in all. A stone sarcophagus stands at the center of the chamber, its lid adorned with a coiled serpent carved in relief. Story consulting by the award-winning creator of Adventure Time, Pendleton Ward. After defeating the flesh golem, Dak, Nori, and Finn pushed all three buttons on the sarcophagus. The creature scrambles down a passage to the north on the other side of the staircase and the adventurers follow. The spirit of Wongo encouraged Andor to drink from the fountain, which he did, and he doubled over in pain as he suffered from necrotic damage. Search for the perfect addition to your deck. Finn ran up to the skeleton, punched it three times, destroying it, and retrieved its square-shaped skull. Grunther, though none too bright, was able to explain what he remembered of the tomb. If they dont like the possibility of sexes getting changed, then scrap the idea and replace it with something more neutrally enjoyable. Other cards in this SET. Here they looked in through a thick window and saw a stone sarcophagus with six corpses sitting in thrones, as well as a skeleton with a triangle-shaped thing on its head. Noticing that the area of the mouth is obscured by magical darkness, the adventurers dispel it, releasing a shadow demon. Now that they were done in this room, the heroes headed back through the fan to get back to the others. Following a passage to the east, the adventurers discover a grand chamber, fifty feet across that plunges into darkness below. When he approached, a skeletal hand holding an hourglass emerged from the stone skull's mouth and rotated, trickling sand into the lower globe. An ominous iron maiden lie in the northern end with tubes and vials of bubbling blood. He guess correct. After Koopa and Dak returned to the rest of the party, they explored down the eastern hallway. Eventually, the voice becomes so frantic that it turns into a shriek. I'll instead have it reduce a character to dying with one auto failed death saving throw. Bow as the dead god intoned. Casting detect magic, the adventurers discover that the water radiates transmutation magic. Koopa realized the voice was coming from the skull. 0000004484 00000 n Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world. Grabbing the lip of the slab where it meets the floor, Angrod pushes the slab back up, causing the chest to rise from the waters again. If you want to discuss contents of this page - this is the easiest way to do it. Zindar. I would even add that youve informed the trans player beforehand, just to make sure the right expectations are set. 0000001848 00000 n Eventually, the characters realize that the stone slab they heard falling was the secret door they discovered in the chamber with the bronze disk covered in eyes. He was already heavily injured from the hallway spike trap in the previous session, and the water appeared to heal him. * Why cant I see anything? Yellow Musk Zombie. Release Date: Not to be left behind, Billie drank from the well, but he got a benefit of 11 temporary hit points. How did I get here? the fountain. Before descending any further, the adventurers decide to finish exploring the upper level. Most everyone made their initial save and we ok after that, and Billie and Vigrid eventually made their saves and were immune to the damage. A bas-relief carving of a green devil's face adorned the wall at the T-shaped intersection; the devil's open mouth was a well of darkness. The companions, who already thought it strange that they hadn't met any travelers or traders along the road thus far, were quite alarmed now. 0000049357 00000 n Astone sarcophagus rests on a stepped dais in the mid-Any creature that drinks from the fountain experiences dle ofthe floor. So option 3 of the possible magical effects of the fountain says that it changes your sex. If they get it twice you can consider whether they'll just go back to their starting race or if they roll again on the table. Encircling the keyhole is a tiny inscription, written in Common, that reads, I devour all but the greatest of thieves.. Got a 4 on the next roll, got the temporary hit poijts which set him at a pretty 41 combined with his normal HP. He spent the time casting augury twice more, receiving similar answers again and again. The changes appear in recent printings of the book. . Therin wanted to converse with the spirit, who was less than helpful, but did want to defeat Acererak. Tomb of Annihilation centers around the Deathcurse, a wasting disease that slowly kills anyone who's ever been raised from the dead and prevents anyone who has died from being raised, and the Soulmonger artifact that caused the disease. She said that Desatysso had used the Dreamer's Amulet to get them out of the tomb, that he had broken it into three pieces. Another one can be growing a foot tall or foot shorter. When updates are added to this document, its version number increases, and the word "New" appears before the latest changes. Welcome to the Jungle! Entering the chamber, the adventurers discover that the statue has a magical field that attracts metal objects. Why cant I see?, Realizing the voice is coming from the skull, the adventurers try to calm it. Change the name (also URL address, possibly the category) of the page. Spying a chest on cliff ledge above a large chasm, the adventurers create a magical stone walkway to reach it, only to discover that the chest is, in fact, a mimic. Available to buy now at your local game store, bookstores, or online retailers. It briefly grabbed Chidi but the heroes were able to slay the creature. Tomb of Annihilation Dare to defy death in this adventure for the world's greatest roleplaying game. Mannix re-cast Detect Magic, and the party went around the corner to enter the Grand Staircase they had seen from the beginning of the session. Chasing after the creature, the adventurers eventually defeat it, retrieving its skull cap. In the meantime, Belethor, Chenin, and Vigrid leveled up. Investigating further, the adventurers discover a statue of Unkh behind a secret door. Closing the lid, they hear a similar click to the one they heard before. 0000070485 00000 n Since that has no bearing on health, stats, or really anything other than RP, it really just seems to be in there as a gag (I'm aware that a similar feature exists in one of the portals in the Tomb of Horrors). Wellmost of him. However, I am different. hbbbd`b`` 6 endstream endobj 53 0 obj <>/Metadata 3 0 R/Pages 2 0 R/StructTreeRoot 5 0 R/Type/Catalog/ViewerPreferences<>>> endobj 54 0 obj >/PageTransformationMatrixList<0[1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 -297.0 -391.5]>>/PageUIDList<0 82778>>/PageWidthList<0 594.0>>>>>>/Resources<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 594.0 783.0]/Type/Page>> endobj 55 0 obj <> endobj 56 0 obj <> endobj 57 0 obj <> endobj 58 0 obj <> endobj 59 0 obj <> endobj 60 0 obj <>stream Plus, sign up for the newsletter in order to get the latest info on Dungeons & Dragons products, events, and special offersand help stay informed! The puzzle cubes flashed and then disappeared and the stone door began to open slowly. Koopa, inside the first chest, suffered an immense blast of force damage; Grunther had all of his non-magical metal items decay into dust; and Gresh endured a burst of cold damage, which he was fine with, being a silver dragonborn as he was. They easily destroyed the skeleton. In a grand staircase that descended into darkness, the heroes stayed on this level and traveled to the opposite side. A rusted iron grate is set into the corridor floor. I feel like this one random event did more to set the tone for the rest of the tomb than anything I could have written or forced. Inside the room, George could see a network of tiny tunnels all along the walls, with hundreds of spiders crawling within. Mannix produced a 25-ft wooden ladder from his Vest of Useful Items, and George helped prop it up to the other side of the room, creating a side-ways bridge. I think the idea behind that entry on the chart is that, like, the player won't like the change and will drink again and again to get it to change back, which is lots more chances to get poisoned. The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger, which is located somewhere in Chult, a mysterious peninsula far to the south, ringed with mountains and choked with rainforests. 0000026400 00000 n Find out what you can do. Investigation of the town confirmed that Nashkel was indeed empty, and there was evidence of violence. My group also had a run in with the fountain, nearly killing the dragon born paladin (who later fell to the trap in wongo's tomb). November 20th, 2018. I was thinking of replacing it with changing the PC's race and having a secondary table to roll on to determine a random race. All she could offer to aid the adventurers was a map that showed the location of the tomb in the Snakewood, about a week's travel east of here. Something innocuous that will pique their curiosity enough to drink again, and maybe encourage multiple players to drink at once. Disclaimer: This adventure will make your players hate you the kind of simmering hatred that eats away at their souls until all that remains are dark little spheres of annihilation where their hearts . The party correctly surmised this was the In Darkness, It Hides, clue, and left it alone. Gatherer is the Magic Card Database. View all posts by roguewatson, Your email address will not be published. When the three keys inside the chests were turned, three buttons magically appeared on the sarcophagus. The rest of the companions took cover while Koopa hurled his dwarven thrower at the window, shattering it. Khaless became very interested in the chest, which had a demon skull keyhole with writing that teased, I devour all but the greatest thieves.. Tomb of Annihilation Spoilers, Tomb of Annihilation - Valindra's role (spoilers), Advice for running Tomb of Horrors with a twist (+), Tomb of Annihilation Post-Mortem (Spoilers), Ignore/Block Essentials, Paid Registrations by. Defeating the skeleton on the ceiling, the adventurers watch as the strange skull cap falls and clatters to the bottom of the pit atop the stone sarcophagus. Dozens of eyes suddenly opened all over the disk, all of them fixated on him.

Queen Visit Jaguar Factory, Tractor Supply Log Splitter, Shooting In Talladega, Al 2020, Articles T

tomb of annihilation magic fountain

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.