rock river arms accuracy

There is also a fundamental difference in the definition of the varmint hunter. InterLock, Burris Veracity PH Rifle Scope: Drop Compensation for the Masses, Why You (Yes, You) Need Next-Level Firearm Training. The Assault Weapons Ban had sunset and I wanted a really nice AR. The gun shot 1 inch overall, but without the inconsistent Remington ammo (1.52 in. Now for 2022, the company ups the game for hunters with the introduction of the All-Terrain Hunter (ATH), a mid-length rifle that stands tall in the field of AR-platform hunting rifles. pullStock: black synthetic fixed Rock River Arms A2 Operator; length of pull, 14"; drop at heel, 1/2"; drop at comb, 1/2"Overall Length: 42" Weight: 10 lbs., 3 ozs.Accessories: owners manual, one 20-round magazineSuggested Retail Price: $1,720. Flash forward to today. The best grouping in testing at 100 yards was .935 inch with 155-grain Hornady TAP Precision. The 1:10-inch twist rate will stabilize both the 168- and 175-grain bullets used in long-range loads. However, if youre willing to spend a little extra money on your rifle, Rock River Arms is definitely worth considering. Shot it for the first time today. And if youve ever waded into some of the online forums devoted to things-AR, you know just how bewildering it all can be. Give a Gift Last year, I got to spend some time with a pre-production version of the LAR-15M and managed to shoot sub-MOA groups. 49865 Leupold QRW 30mm Quick Detach Mounts for a robust, portable mount. Taurus Marketing Manager Caleb Giddings highlights the features of the new Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum, a purpose-built revolver with a 10.5-inch barrel and an effective recoil-taming brake, with Guns & Ammo Executive Editor Joe Kurtenbach. Our gun sported an Ergo grip, comfortable but woefully undersized for hoisting the gun around. One of the things that makes the Rock River Arms so accurate is its attention to detail and craftsmanship. Interestingly, Bushmasters directions require barrel cleaning after every 20 rounds, for the first 60 rounds, to ensure proper break-in. Stocky's Owner Don Bitz walks David Faubion through the company's new rifle stocks for 2023. Ben Voss FN Product Manager talks about the new FN SCAR 15P ultra-compact rifle-caliber pistol at SHOT Show 2023. The new rifle is built on an aluminum billet chassis with carbon-fiber forend and cheek riser featuring V-block bedding. I acquired Federal and Hornady cartridges for the range test. Rock River Arms is known for being accurate due to the materials they use and the quality of their products. Accuracy: 1 MOA @ 100 yards Included: One magazine, RRA Case, Manual, Warranty MSRP: $1,480 www.rockriverarms.com. Get a fairly basic model as an introduction and rest assured that when you want to geek-out later, youll be starting with a quality platform. Aside from being a superb cartridge for deer, hogs, and bear, the .350 Legend and rifles so-chambered, such as the Rock River Arms LAR-15M, may be among the few firearm/ammo matchups in stock this seasonat least for the next month or so. Whether you are looking for a basic AR-15 or a fully customized weapon, Rock River Arms is a great choice. In fact, they even have a testimonial from an FBI agent on their website. We felt the Giessele trigger was the best out of all the guns tested, but was also the hardest name to pronounce. Rock River Arms originally designed and patented the system back in 2005. Velocity is the average of 10 shots recorded by a Shooting Chrony chronograph 10 feet from the muzzle. Rock River Arms is a popular option, but is it the right one for you? No other stainless barrel options are offered, although Bushmaster does have a 4150 chrome-moly vanadium steel version of this gun called the Bushmaster Varminter. For that purpose, it chose the 20-round box magazine used in the FN-FAL, which was readily available and priced as low as $5 each. Not only did I get to learn even more about the platform, I got to shoot his Rock River Arms LAR-15 as part of the test sequence. We knew this test would prove to be hotly contested, so we chose topnotch mounts and scopes for this showdown. He fired tens of thousands of rounds each year, which made me curious about what firearms he used and how they fared. Ammunition for the .350 Legend was available, but he couldnt find anything for his .270. Another feature I really liked was the sealed battery storage area . The Varmint Special included a standard A2 stock with a trapdoor, and added two half-inch scope riser mounts attached to the receivers front Picatinny rail. You can go on an excellent boat tour all around the system, or you can walk and admire the boats, the bridges (some of which lift or . Ballistic Silver Tip SBST223B, $21.48/20, and Black Hills Match New Production Red Box 50-gr. resulting in 1.5-MOA accuracy at 100 yards. The RRA LAR-15 is a quality gun, in just about any configuration you can come up with. And not only are their guns excellent, theyre actually very reasonably priced. The .350 Legend cartridge introduced in 2019 falls under the latter. Rock Rivers manufacturing experience, however, made that a non-issue. The LAR-8 will accept metric- or inch-pattern magazines as well as current-production Rock River magazines. Rounding out the features were a Krieger heavy 1:13-twist barrel ($390) and a Geissele adjustable two-stage trigger ($200). Their AR-15s are made with forged aluminum receivers, chrome lined barrels, and MIL-SPEC parts. Several high-quality triggers exist today that will hold up under the harshest conditions yet allow for more accuracy and faster follow-up shots. It really comes down to personal preference. The reset on the trigger was smaller than I expected, so it allowed for very quick follow-up shots. Scopes, guns, boots and other tactical stuff in-between. In this blog post, we will take a look at Rock River Arms reviews to see what people have to say about their products. I wanted to do this as by the book as possible, so waiting for calm winds was my only option. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. Or if you already have some idea of the various fancier accessories you might want, you can order it that way to start with, and trust that youre getting lasting value for your investment. The 18-inch barrel that Rock River chose to install has a 1:8-inch twist and features a mid-length gas system. The BT-3's furniture includes a Magpul PRS stock and Hogue rubber over-molded grip. To some, a varmint hunter is someone who blazes away at prairie dogs and other such small targets from a rest. At each temperature step, Rock River will let the barrels soak at that temp for a specific period of time. Of course, all of this comes at a price but if youre looking for an AR-15 that will serve you well for many years to come, then the Rock River Arms is definitely worth considering. In addition, Rock River Arms uses only the highest quality components in their rifles, which results in a firearm that is accurate and reliable. For testing, we fitted the rifle with a Leupold 1.1-8X 24 mm CQBSS using steel 34 mm rings. We selected this scope for several reasons. Rock River Arms guarantees this pistol will shoot 2.5-inch groups at 50 yards with 185-grain Federal Gold Medal Match semi-wadcutter ammo. Although inexpensive and reliable, the FAL magazine presented a number of design challenges, such as dimensions and feed angles that differ from AR-style magazines. In comparison, the standard AR trigger has most of its mass as far away as possible from the pin about which it rotates. Find the perfect make zone stock photo, image, vector, illustration or 360 image. This one was the same. Every cowboy needs a revolver. Although the particular model tested for this review was a few years old and had seen plenty of use, it was still as tight as any gun I have shot. In addition, Rock River Arms offers a wide variety of customization options, so you can build a rifle that is truly unique. Its Rock River Arms business model and today Guns.com reviews the Rock River Arms LAR-15. Although Ive shot a few, I didnt really know much about them until a couple of years ago. . The Standard Operator has a 20-inch, cryo-treated chrome-moly barrel. You must log in or register to reply here. The LAR-8 Standard Operator, reviewed here, also incorporates a number of ergonomic improvements, including an ambidextrous bolt stop and magazine release. After our article on Compact AR Carbines (October 2007) and a related article on AR-15 Adjustable Stocks (March 2008), some of you warned us that we had opened Pandoras Box. There is a reason almost all of the so-called match triggers available today have a hammer shape very similar to the one found on this Rock River. One I especially like is the winter triggerguard; its oversized and creates an opening large enough for a gloved finger. This makes them some of the most accurate AR-15s on the market. The bare shelves at Bass Pro were a shocking sight, and a testament to how difficult it can be to find ammunition these days. If a bullet enters the rifling crooked, accuracy will always suffer. We found it an excellent choice for extreme accuracy testing, plus it was a designated tornado shelter to boot. For everyone else, then: Rock River Arms got into making AR-15 rifles back in the late 1990s after years of doing custom work on 1911s. Rock River Arms has been making their two-stage match trigger for more than a decade. Couple groups with pulled and called fliers that were under an inch. However, its unclear if the FBI currently uses Rock River Arms rifles or not. soft point; 5-shot string #1, Federal Non-Typical, 180-gr. The Wylde chamber and tight freebore prevent that from occurring. Rock River, like Fulton, also offers many options to customize your gun, and even offers four different models if the A4 isnt your cup of tea. Rock River Arms uses barrels from a variety of manufacturers, including FN, Criterion, and Wilson. New Shooters Guide: What Is a Pistol Caliber Carbine? So got a brand new Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit in .223. The rifle weighs in at approximately 12 pounds and is fairly easy to carry but heavy enough to absorb recoil from the .308 Win. It made all the difference in my performance. His shooting and hunting passions cover everything from traditional archery and big-game bowhunting to the latest in handguns, rifles, and reloading. Rock River Arms is considered to be high end because of the materials they use and the quality of their products. Newer models are sporting a more robust Hogue grip. In the hands of a skilled rifle shooter, the groups from this rifle will shrink dramatically. The BCG also has a properly staked gas key to ensure reliability. This is not the first time Ive tested a Rock River rifle with their stainless-steel match barrel, so I was not surprised when group averages hovered near MOA for five shots at 100 yards. We chose this lefty model to balance the group, assuming left-handed shooters would prefer a gun set up for them. Gun shoots better than I do because for 5 I just to an inch and know it is me. Anyway, I was lucky to have someone I could turn to for information. Sadly, Nguyen was killed in action in Iraq later that year, so the rifle is particularly special to me and will always remain in my possession. Need [email protected] (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. The increased profile of the unit makes it easy to locate, engage and manipulate with the left hands index finger when firing off the left shoulder. He has also authored and co-authored several DIY gun building books. The bottom of the gas block has a short length of Picatinny rail for attaching a bipod. Several have stepped up to the .350 Legend plate, and one of the most recent is Rock River Arms. The company made its humble start in 1963in Gussago, Italywhen Giuseppe Pietta made a commitment to produce guns as authentic and true-to-original as possible. Thats one of the nice things about the platform. This will cause the occasional flyer when shooting groups because the other end of that gas tube is attached directly to the barrel. Facing off in a handgun challenge featuring the smallest professional-grade enclosed red dot sight on the market, Eric and Tom put the Acro P-2 to the distance test by doing a walk-back challenge. models. Metallurgists indicate that the extreme temperatures eliminate the stress imparted on the metal from cutting the chamber and contouring the barrel profile. The last couple decades have seen a veritable explosion of new, modified, and hybrid platforms designed to meet just about any objective you can think of that involves propelling a projectile downrange. The second part of our testing took place under blue skies at the Arlington Sportsmans Club, one the largest private gun clubs in Texas with over 1300 members and offering a full range of shooting opportunities (www.arlingtonsportsman.com). Less obvious and more vexing, the FAL wont work with an AR-10-style bolt stop. Fortunately, our established test protocols took care of this requirement on their own. The handguard is RRAs own design, and I like it for its smooth simplicity. Select Trigger. This gun is also available with the same components in the right-hand Model 6, and we believe our comments about the left-hand configuration will apply to the Stag gun set up for right-hand shooters. I look forward to hitting the range again, and Im certain that I wont need to burn through too much more ammo before this rifle and I approach the -MOA mark together. Take any AR with this trigger and watch what happens to the crosshairs of a magnified optic during dry fire. Join our Mailing list for special perks and updates from Shoot On. We encourage you to also support these organizations as we continue to fight for our fundamental rights. JBoomhauer Gunny Sergeant. The other guns were so strongly right-handed that having an available left-handed model is a big plus for southpaws, which we too-often forget in our evaluations. In truth Spaarne is canalised and hard to tell which bits of water are canal and which are river. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDPl0rguAE, Pelican Case Foam Cutting: How to Cut Perfectly Every Time. If you are looking for a high-quality AR-15, then Rock River Arms is a great option. When we took the Bushmaster to the range, some of positive feelings dissipated when bullets started flying downrange. Second is the bolt stop lever located between the magazine well and the trigger guard. Rock River Arms has a reputation for making high quality AR-15s, but they also have a reputation for being expensive. Overall, the reviews are positive. I like shooting rifles its fun and its challenging but I certainly dont feel as though Im capable of producing the level of accuracy todays precision rifles are capable of delivering. Available for both RF and RM licensing. A big reason that these rifles shoot so well is the barrel. Shot it for the first time today. The fire control is Rock River's 2-stage trigger. The other competitors were already lapped in at the factory, and required no such break-in. Kenau Simonsdochter Hasselaer became famous for being intensively involved, along with many of Haarlem's women, with fighting the spanish, who laid siege to the city. We didnt have any problems with the gun operating at all, but I didnt expect any. While the location and function of the trigger is identical to what Stoner and Sullivan originally specified, Rock River includes a two-stage trigger of their design, which is superior to the standard semiautomatic trigger found in most ARs. Rock River goes the extra steps of cryogenically treating the barrel to relieve stressan accuracy robbing characteristicand then lapping each barrel before shipping to the customer. Rock River seems to understand the hunter when they put together this gun. If so, you may be wondering which manufacturer is the best. Classic Browning Light Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays With the Old Humpback Shotgun. The dimensions of the barrel extension are different, and the bolt carrier and charging handle are both longer. For testing purposes we selected three mid-range bullet weights with different price points: The Remington Express 55-gr. weight, the rifle is an easy carry when outfitted with a quality sling. . What the fuck is going on here? Like 3/8 to 5/8 of and inch accuracy for three shots. Their AR-15s are made with forged aluminum receivers, chrome lined barrels, and MIL-SPEC parts. Get the 76th edition of the World's Greatest Gun Book. It is 11 inches long, so it covers the mid-length gas system and has sections of M-Lok cut into the sides and bottom. The fluted stainless-steel barrel pretty much proves that you dont need a bull barrel to achieve precision on a rifle. The RRA ATH comes with an. Their AR-15s are made with forged aluminum receivers, chrome lined barrels, and MIL-SPEC parts. Its balance and weight will suit both the bench blaster and the predator hunter. The included magazine, which is specific to the .350 Legend, boasts a 10-round capacity. Federal Gold Medal Match delivered the best group, which measured 0.81 inches. The overmold means minimal hand-slip when wearing gloves, and it makes the A2 grip more comfortable when shooting bare-handed. K-Mart Classics: Remingtons Nylon Rimfires Engineered To Last. Contrary to what youll find on the internet, most rifles are not capable of this kind of performance with factory ammunition. If Stag used a vented forend to reduce weight, used a stock with more butt weight to balance the rig, and used a shorter barrel, this gun might have won. 0608-Fulton-Armory-FAR-15-Predator-Varmint.pdf. So got a brand new Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit in .223. The stock also has flush cups compatible with quick-release sling swivels, including one at the wrist and one at the toe. In fact, many experts believe that it is THE most accurate AR-15 on the market. Most of our testers were competitive shooters, and they were very picky about what they liked, and didnt, on the gunsexactly what we wanted. Oh, you want more? At 100 yards, my groups were a bit to the right, but I was just looking for groups so I didnt touch the scope. The Rock River A4 won some points from us when we uncrated it to find a blue plastic breakdown case with foam storage areas for extras, like scopes. My buddy had a significant amount of experience on several of them, so I value his opinion of the platform. All three exceed the Rock River .75" factory accuracy guarantee. All that inertia transfers to the back of the bolt carrier when the hammer slams home. It's absolutely sufficient for . To fix this issue, Rock River has given its Star selector a nipple that sits at the end of the lever, and it protrudes away from the receiver. Rock Rivers triggers not only have a lighter pull weight and crisper let-off, the hammer shape promotes excellent accuracy. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. The pistol grip is a Hogue rubber unit and the synthetic buttstock is a fixed Rock River Arms Operator A2 stock. Rock River Arms produces their own bolt carrier group (BCG), which is made from 8620 steel and features a nitride finish. Knowing first-hand the accuracy reputation of RRA rifles through many weve tested for Shoot On and looking at the ballistic performance of the two cartridges tested for this evaluation, I must conclude that neither load hit this particular LAR-15s sweet spot, although the Hornady American Whitetails performance would absolutely get the job done. Rock River Arms guarantees one-m.o.a. After our article on "Compact AR Carbines" (October 2007) and a related article on "AR-15 Adjustable Stocks" (March 2008), some of you warned us that we had . Get 12 Issues a year of the country's best firearms writing. While dimensional specs play to the geek intrigue, the real value of the .350 Legend is its ballistic performance and shooter experience. Rock River Arms (RRA) has introduced a new AR-style rifle to its lineup, designed specifically with the modern hunter in mind, with the new All Terrain Hunter (ATH). They offer a variety of barrel lengths and profiles to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. To start, the Stag sported an ambi-safety, and produced the same complaints from righties that it interfered with their grip. Well, not any more of an idiot than I usually feel like, I suppose I should say. When it comes to comparing Rock River Arms to other manufacturers, there is no clear winner. So, this rifle is as good as any. Save my name and email to use for future comments. The first time I bought one was in 2006 when one of my Special Forces teammates built an AR-15 for me. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, New for 2020: Rock River Arms BT-9 4.5" Pistol, New for 2020: Rock River Arms LAR-15M 350 Legend, NRA Gun of the Week: Rock River Arms BT9 R9 Competition, NRA Gun Of The Week: Rock River Arms Assurance-C, Product Preview: Rock River Arms M1911 Mainspring Housings, 7 Simple Follow-Through Tips to Improve Your Accuracy (Right Now!) His best 100-yard group was .38 inch. The gun arrived in a plastic carrying case, with a safety block that can also used to remove the takedown pins attaching the upper and lower assemblies. After seven months Haarlem did not . I settled in on a steady concrete bench and set up my Caldwell The Rock rest. A Cold War era classic with smooth lines, a legendary back story, and an exotic-sounding name, Beretta's Model 71 was definitely a mouse that roared. While they may be on the higher end price-wise, many feel that they are worth the investment. Joe Kurtenbach, Executive Editor of Gun & Ammo, and John Myles from Smith & Wesson discuss features of the Equalizer 9mm micro-compact pistol and new-for-2023 M&P 5.7. Testing. (Photo by Mark Fingar) December 07, 2021 By Craig . This makes them some of the most durable and reliable AR-15s on the market. My ultimate conclusion is that the Rock River Arms BT-3 is a winner for both novice and experienced precision shooters, though I would change a couple of the accessories. My teammate, SFC Tung Nguyen, was a hardcore competitive shooter and offered to build me exactly what I wanted.

Seymour High School Graduation 2022, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 How To Get Sword Skills, How Much Is Hydrogen Fuel Per Gallon, Articles R

rock river arms accuracy

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.