leigh sales political views

You cant even trust as an Australian that you wont be made a fool of by the Australian cricket team.I mean, this is night after night on 7.30 that we have these stories and I just think it is sickening to see this constant situation where powerful people and institutions exploit less powerful people.And I think from what the public says to me on the street, that they are sick of people coming on my show, when they get found out and saying, oh, Im so sorry, I had no idea this was happening cant take any more questions about it, because weve commissioned a report into it. The. Chyler Leigh. Whereas for men, the automatic response is someone else is doing that responsibility. The CEO Magazine is more than a business title; its a source of information, inspiration and motivation for the worlds most successful leaders, executives, investors and entrepreneurs. It is hard to keep a straight face when Leigh Sales pretends that there may well be some conservatives at the ABC while Barrie Cassidy warns that to have any would be "dangerous". You can follow managing editor Michelle Pini on Twitter @vmp9. Ex-minister Stuart Robert 'takes responsibility' for Robodebt implementation, British MP rejects claims by Dutton that UK does not have capacity to build nuclear-powered submarines, The broader debate about tax changes that could improve the budget bottom line, An interview with US special envoy to LGBTQI, Jessica Stern, Mark Humphries takes on the changes to super tax breaks, NSW government facing accusations of pork barrelling over bushfire grants program, Allegra Spender says government's super changes a 'missed opportunity', Albanese government working on whistleblower protections, Australia has 'huge role to play' in combatting climate change, says Bill Gates, Sean Turnell speaks to 7.30 on how he coped in Myanmar prisons, Extended Interview: Greta Thunberg tells Australia to wake up on the climate emergency, How British Vogues Edward Enninful made himself visible in the fashion industry, China's Ambassador to Australia, Xiao Qian, speaks to 7.30, Extended interview: Why James Cameron may not direct the final 'Avatar' sequel, The Queen remembered for her sense of fun and duty by her former aide, Jacinda Ardern, New Zealands Prime Minister talks to 7.30, Photographer Andrew Quilty on the fall of Kabul, Indigenous leader Noel Pearson speaks to 7.30, US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley, speaks to 7.30, British MP rejects Dutton's claim the UK does not have capacity to build Australia's nuclear-powered subs, Slow buyback scheme pushes flood-affected residents to sell homes on the open market, As Cyclone Gabrielle hit, Ra Kupa thought she 'was a goner'. As a thought-experiment, imagine Sales interviewing Joe Biden as follows: Mr Biden, last March your staffer Tara Reade alleged you sexually assaulted her. Sales also only ever seemsto notice such behaviour when it is levelled at journalists. She's carried the torch well so far, and evolved with the modern Democratic Party to become quite the liberal. We in the mainstream media have for years run cover for you over Reades claims but heres what Wikipedia reports: In a March 25, 2020, interview withKatie Halper, Reade alleged that Biden had pushed her against a wall, kissed her, put his hand under her skirt, penetrated her with his fingers, and asked, Do you want to go somewhere else?[12][36]Reade toldNational Public Radio(NPR) for an April 19 article, His hands went underneath my clothing and he was touching me in my private areas and without my consent.[36]Reade toldThe Intercepther impression was that Biden believed he had consent and was surprised when she rejected him. The show requires a Sydney or Melbourne host and Tingle is based in Canberra. Sales next question or speech ran like this: So to believe you, somebody watching this interview has to believe that every former senior member of the Trump administration who has left and spoken of his unfitness to lead has an axe to grind, that every former senior Republican who has spoken out, from Colin Powell to the late John McCain, has an axe to grind, and then all of these life-long Republicans are in cahoots with the Democrats and theyre all also tied up in a conspiracy with the mainstream media and its the mainstream media thats peddling lie after lie, not Donald Trump? [30][31] After 20 years of marriage, Sales and Willis separated in December 2016.[32]. There was an error submitting the form. [iv] ABC News accepts thatthe 14 March segmentwas in error by stating thatMr Trumpcalled the coronavirus outbreak a hoax; it does appear that he was referring to thecriticisms by the Democratic Party of the Federal Governments handling of the coronavirus. Third, no-one knows the future and if Trump says well get cooling, theres ample scientific justification, including the sunspot impact on climate being now the weakest since the Dalton Minimum in the Little Ice Age in late 18th century. But he is planning to leave Australia. Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:05 am. In California especially, the heat island effect has grown with the states development. BY . Get exclusive deals, discounts, news and more made just for you. She has consistently clarified that she should have referred to some rather than countless FBI officials. The question that makes many working mothers blood boil is something Sales encouraged the audience at The Leadership Institutes powerful Women in Leadership Summit to embrace. Whether it's shielding oneself from the vile comments of online trolls or finding the sweet work-life balance, the 7.30 anchor explains the reality of being a woman in the media. I spend an hour getting made up every day. Here, shespeaks to fellow journalist Dr Anne Summers about gender equality in the media, the concerning rise of niche news and what shed like to ask president-elect Donald Trump. Under oath to the Mueller investigation, you admitted that was not founded on anything, a slip of the tongue, and said, In the heat of the moment.. Sales interview of climate hysteric Jane Fonda was also deeply respectful, even when her guest lamented that she had only one servant in her $US5.4m Los Angeles mansion. Sales first question to Sanders was: Can Donald Trump tell the difference the truth and a lie? The basis for Sales insult was that the Washington Post claims to have fact-checked presidential statements and found some 20,000 alleged lies by the President. Verified. The State Secretary for Natural Resources pointed out America has recently recorded some of its hottest temperatures on record and that is a factor in the severity of the fires, along with land management. It's time to call out the personal, sexist attacks", "Leigh Sales launches into new era of political bullies", "Bullying must end, but it can't all be tweet nothings", "Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb launch new podcast", "Winners Announced at 2019 Australian Podcast Awards", "Chat 10 Looks 3 Live | Arts Centre Melbourne", "Leigh Sales: 'It just started to feel like nothing was safe'", "Herald Sun's "Lawyer X" wins 2019 Gold Walkley Award", "Leigh Sales wins Walkley for best interview", "ABC Journalist wins George Munster Journalism Award", "Book to tell torture tales when Hicks cannot", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Leigh_Sales&oldid=1133842549, Queensland University of Technology alumni, Short description is different from Wikidata, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, George Munster Award for Independent Journalism, Best Radio Current Affairs reporting on Guantanamo Bay, This page was last edited on 15 January 2023, at 20:01. Often women feel like I dont have anything to say, or Im not an expert, whereas men are like, oh yeah, I know a bit about everything, Ill be fine. Will the ABC ever broadcast the disturbing videos, freely available on line, of Dictator Dans stasi handcuffing a pregnant woman when serving a summons would be the norm? But some armchair critics on Twitter repeatedly accuse her of going soft on conservatives and too hard on Labor. Recent examples that come to mind include the gross mishandling by the Morrison Government of the alleged sexual assault of Brittany Higgins and the Christian Porter rape allegations. She earned her Bachelor's degree from Queensland University of Technology in Journalism and her Masters in International Relations from Deakin University. There is a widely held belief on Twitter that Leigh Sales has a distinct right-wing bias. CCTV has caught the moment a Melbourne baker claims he was attacked by a tradie over nothing more than a note left on the mans windscreen. Fortunately many of us can now rely on the internet for our music, current affairs and news. You have 20 years less life in Australia, apparently, if youre Indigenous.Theyre sick of politicians acting like public money is their own private fund and giving development deals to their mates or grants to their political allies and in the worst cases are taking kickbacks to line their own pockets.Theyre sick of film producers, who have won lifes lotto and yet still treat young actors like they should be molested and manipulated.Even the Australian Cricket team let down the ordinary Australian fan with cheating and ball-tampering. We all cop criticism here. As she wraps up her career at ABC's 7.30, Leigh Sales has revealed her true thoughts on the Australian Prime Ministers she has interviewed during her time at the current affairs program. [17][18][19][20], In November 2014, Sales started a podcast with Annabel Crabb called Chat 10 Looks 3. Help us sharpen our knuckledusters. It covers the rise of opinion in place of straight news reporting and the value of bringing a sceptical mindset to politics and policy, instead of ideological certainty. Or, to ask the real question, will they disappear? The answer of course is no, they wont. An investigation of public service culture must be next, writes Laura Tingle. So its very hard to then, where youre going for key decision makers, to get an even representation of women because men disproportionately hold those jobs. His conversations with the President, Fauci has said, were always straightforward.. You can see a video of both her parents at the 1960 Democratic National Convention. Try Brookings Institute not Brookings Institutions - embarrassing ! Earlier this week I watched Leigh Sales, 7-30 Report, interview Sarah Huckabee Sanders, former press secretary to USA President, Donald Trump. Any good corporate citizen should examine its role in promoting sensible and open debate versus hate speech and misinformation. However, according to Media Diary, its ABC reporter Sarah Ferguson who is firming up as the favourite to take over. Why do the left have trouble with comprehension and nuance? The suckers and losers alleged quotes were nothing but a Democrat/media hit job based on anonymous smears in the face of attributed denials by several/many senior people present at the time. Sales packed into eight minutes all conceivable ABC bias, venom and hatred of a US President now polling 51 per cent, according to the latest Rassmussen, profile of the electorate a figure reflecting support before the signing of the twin Israeli peace deals with UAE and Bahrain. Have watched her in awe as she's steered @abc730 through five PMs, personal challenges, public health crises, you name it. It is a matter for a commercial entity like Twitter to ask itself and my understanding is that it is whether the treatment of journalists, in particular female journalists, on its platform is acceptable, she wrote. Leigh Sales,journalist, author, mother-of-two and host of ABCs7.30, is known for her wide-ranging political interviews and no-nonsense approach to her high-profile subject. Instead he found disillusionment and disappointment. In governments? One has to wonder why Sarah Huckabee agreed to do this interview at all. After its bold move on super yesterday, the Albanese government is putting the finishing touches to promised measures to protect public integrity. Of great concern too is the ABCs promotion of any fiction which furthers the cause of identity politics. Michael Cooney was a speechwriter for @, Leigh Sales: 'it is sickening to see this constant situation where powerful people and institutions exploit less powerful people', Sydney Media Club - 2021. https://centralnews.com.au/2021/03/17/leig Kwame Nkrumah: 'Our capital flows out in streams to irrigate the whole system of Western economy', inaugural ceremony of the OAU Conference - 1953, John Lewis: 'We will not and cannot be patient', March on Washington - 1963 , Jon Stewart: "They responded in five seconds", 9-11 first responders, Address to Congress - 2019, Jacinda Ardern: 'They were New Zealanders. Shes very unprofessional! In the media? ABC News Breakfast co-host Lisa Millar has abandoned Twitter after a torrent of abuse about everything from her interview style to whether she smiles. The appointment of an albeit female Human Rights Commissioner who opposes affirmative consent is up there as well; as is the bullying of Queensland Labor Premier Anastacia Palaszczuk by the IOC President on international television. Chinese state media has slammed billionaire Elon Musk, blaming him for spreading a conspiracy theory about Covids origins. In cabinet? The stories which she covered included the Iraq War, the 2004 U.S. presidential election, Guantanamo Bay, and Hurricane Katrina.[8]. Noel Pearson speaks to Sarah Ferguson. When I was 21 in Brisbane and just starting out, Deb gave me a shot at doing some stories for the local version of 7.30 and she was really helpful and encouraging, even though I was so green. But the stuff Lisa was subjected to was next level. And so Id be looking for questions that are around that theme. As Hercules 50 I was member of the Argonauts club in the 1940s and 50s Younger readers can Google it! Donate, Sales, Gillard and the 'Left-leaning Twitter' bully, Morrison, Robert, Tudge & Co should be in the foetal position over Robodebt, EDITORIAL: Morrison, Robert, Tudge & Co should be in the foetal position over Robodebt, Top 5 reasons why Peter Dutton should no longer be heard, Morrison and Co should be in the foetal position over Robodebt, Media's censorship of major issue in pre-election NSW appalling, Chalmers fights political battle for the future of super, Breach of disabled access law leaves Banking Association lost for words, Morrison, Finlay and a tame but not Tame enough Womens Summit, Media bias for Berejiklian and against Andrews is clear, The vilification of Yassmin Abdel-Magied: Anzac as apologia and religion, Flashback 2013: Leigh Salesperson interviews Dr Craig Emerson on ABC $7.30, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License, Its not dating apps that harm women its the men on them, Perfectly measured Black Sesame Panna Cotta: Immeasurable pleasure on a plate, Morrison and Robodebt-responsible ministers deserve to lose their jobs, CARTOONS: Mark David is channelling Chicken Little, Chinas peace plan shot down by Western propaganda machine. Lots of advertisers on the UK one. The Left naturally defends public funding for the Yarts, as do I within limits. Leigh Sales on the ABC TV's 7.30 last night Sept 16) "interviewed" Donald Trump's former press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders. The services risked being captured by urban interests. When I remember, Ive been saving sexualised social media abuse to show you what all women in the public eye get constantly, whether you are Peta Credlin, Julia Gillard or anyone in between. As the hard-hitting face hammering politicians as they worm their way out of curly questions, two-time Walkley Award winning journalist Leigh Sales is one fierce force. I've never seen her wobble. It is the ongoing needless deaths of women at the hands of their partners which was met with the Government voting against 49 of the 55 respect@work safety recommendations by the Sex Discrimination Commissioner. Conservative British MP Simon Fell rejectsclaims by Opposition Leader Peter Dutton that the UK does not have capacity to build a new class of nuclear-powered submarine for Australia under the AUKUS program. Close Leigh Sales has revealed the date of her final show at the helm of ABC's flagship current affairs program, 7.30, along with what she plans to do next. In boardrooms? [15] It examines the way people adapt to life-changing blindsides, drawing on Sales' personal experience as well as her years covering high-profile news events that drastically changed people's lives. [12], In February 2022, Sales announced she will step down from 7:30 in June 2022 following the federal election. But despite the bleak predictions, she says we still have time to save the world. If Id come through 25 years ago, I wouldnt necessarily be in the same boat. Tulsi Gabbard's views on Electoral College The Electoral College should not be eliminated Three candidates have similar views Four Democrats do not support eliminating the Electoral College. Leigh Sales on Trump, elite media and the ABCs women problem. At the time, the Age called it an unwieldy hosting policy that looked like a plot from Australian newsroom satire Frontline. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation must be broken up and sold off. We should be calling out disgraceful behaviour from wherever it hails, not weaponising it to fuel ideological battlegrounds. In her announcement, Sales said her children, now aged 8 and 11, had never known a time when their mum was not at work four nights a week. I think that the obligation on journalists is to listen to everybody. Sales in mid-sentence did her own slip of the tongue in the heat of the moment Sanders corrected Sales that she was not under oath to the investigation, but giving a voluntary interview. At the Robodebt royal commission, we've heard ministers who oversaw the portfolio during this period say they weren't responsible for what their department officials did. IanL, I thought so too but realised it is recorded, not live, so if Huckabee had walked out, there would have been no impact and Sales would have ditched the tape not run it. Naturally the Chinese authorities suppress it vigorously even, it is reported, to the extent of harvesting the organs of Falun Gong members to help prolong the life of CCParty officials. They are us', Address to Parliament following Christchurch massacre - 2019, Dolores Ibrruri: "No Pasarn!, They shall not pass! This bias has little effect on Australians who cannot vote for Trump/Biden or dont particularly care about politics in the USA. Is sexist bullying confined to Twitter users or the exclusive domain of the Left? Has that been hard to take?. leigh_sales. Ive been spending recent weeks doing a deep dive into the Australian Story archives, suggesting program ideas, learning their workflows and meeting their team, she revealed. Brilliant rod.stuart and deric davidson! As for McCain, Sales again fails to do her homework: Senator McCain was also in cahoots with the Democrats. In all the years Ive anchored, Ive never had more viewers come up to me in public than after that interview to say how much joy it gave them, and it was so beautiful that people felt as if they had shared in that experience with me., Very proud of @leighsales. I wrote last year about Victorian political reporter Rachel Baxendale being trolled for asking tough questions of Premier Andrews. Despite having more women at the table in senior roles, the challenge of juggling work-life balance persists. There is, in fact, as we have reported in this publication, a very significant body of evidence to suggest that this is the case. As I rarely watch anything in real time these days anyway this would not be much of a burden. Further evidence that Frank Sinatras famous description of his Australian media persecutors was perceptive, and that nothing much has changed in the half century since. [37]Reade toldThe New York Timesfor an April 12 article that when she pulled away from Biden, he looked puzzled and said, Come on, man, I heard you liked me. She then said he told her Youre nothing to me, nothing, followed by Youre OK, youre fine.[16]. Chris Uhlmann and Leigh Sales were initially co-hosts of 7.30 after Kerry OBrien, but the double-header did not last. He accepted he shared the responsibility for a scheme that illegally raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from welfare recipients. Finding the right host for 7.30 will be no easy task. The shameless and cowardly hit job smearing Falun Gong was almost beyond belief a taxpayer-funded Australian quasi-government organisation producing and disseminating propaganda for a fascist and racist nation with whom we are in a (cold) war and possibly soon a hot one is tantamount to treason. He speaks to Sarah Ferguson about the growing threat of China in our region. For me, its important to show the actual work is smart and thoughtful and heavily prepared and that I know my stuff so Im not just a pretty face. It's time to call out the personal, sexist attacks, Sales contends that it is thoseon the Left who frequently target female journos in particular: Let's not duck the common thread here it is overwhelmingly left-leaning Twitter users who are targeting ABC journalists for abuse. Menu In that time, she has hugged Paul McCartney, broken records and ducked flying pots of yoghurt. Who holds the levers of power, mostly, in this country? True. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. When I and many like me stop watching, because I can no longer stomach their full-on PC virtue-signalling aboriginal schtick and climate alarmism we can hope that the lower ratings for the show will cause them to mend their ways. While she wasnt targeted by the Murdoch press like some other ABC presenters, she was relentlessly trolled on Twitter. Radio stations can broadcast more powerful signals with greater digital fidelity. I think they view it as; As a dad, how do you remain engaged with your kids? where any woman you ask that question of would literally pull out a laminated card., We are much more conscious to have women at the table, but it remains a difficult problem. Its still very blokey there is still a huge way to go., #LeighSales #ABC #womeninmedia #womeninleadershipsummit. Independent Australia is a progressive journal focusing on politics, democracy, the environment, Australian history and Australian identity. Am I prepared to see these disappear? 119,408 views. Where is the balanced debate about hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the chicom flu, or about academic integrity and free speech at James Cook University? Shes got such a great intelligence, creativity, and a great heart, Collins said. Those responsible should be ashamed.. Leigh Sales this week announced she would leave her role as host of ABCs 7:30 after the federal election. I think the thing is we need to ask men more, Sales says. In the firing line recently was the public broadcasters Lisa Millar. Join the conversation with your fellow The New Daily readers and see their replies. [3] She received a bachelor of journalism from the Queensland University of Technology and Master of International Relations from Deakin University. Get The New Daily free every morning and evening. Notably, Sales took off about six weeks of leave in the middle of last year primarily, we hear, to allow her to dedicate herself to homeschooling her two boys.. Thats what happens when Sales and her ilk isolate in their Trump-derangement cocoon. Uhlmann should have gotten the job. The story of those tense days was captured by award-winning Australian photographer Andrew Quilty, one of the few Western journalists to remain. This is coupled with continual touting of renewable energy projects, which anyone with a scintilla of science and engineering knowledge combined with basic economics, knows is a solution that doesnt work to a problem that doesnt exist. Sales hinted at the toll the coronavirus pandemic had taken on her young family, saying her sons James and Daniel had only ever known their mum at work four nights a week. Let me give you an example from yesterday in a discussion about the California wildfires. Comey used the dossier to enable FBI spying on the Trump 2015 election campaign, and also authorised the entrapment of now-vindicated Trump executive Lt Gen Michael Flynn. All rights reserved. As of 2008, Curtis had made almost $57,000 in political donations, the lion's . [16] This in turn prompted a public conversation on the topic. Theres been mounting speculation that ABC executives were likely to appoint either Insiders host David Speers or political correspondent Laura Tingle, who filled in as 7.30 host over the summer break. Come off it, lady. Like the Demorats in the US who would much prefer to rule a wasteland than be the opposition in paradise. I mostly watch prerecorded shows and zap through the ads, and the process is virtually the same whether I am watching the commercial channels or the ABC the only difference is that the Collectives ads are for itself rather than goods or services produced by dreaded capitalists. Its Time Auntie Retired (or was put down). With big decisions looming on Australia's nuclear-powered submarine program, Opposition leader Peter Dutton caused controversy by declaring we should be choosing the US not the UK as the basis for a nuclear powered fleet. Leigh Sales, journalist, author, mother-of-two and host of ABC's 7.30, is known for her wide-ranging political interviews and no-nonsense approach to her Join 1.7 Million Subscribers Listen to people that you disagree with. Accused of spying, the mild-mannered economics professor had endured solitary confinement and horrible conditions in a series of prisons. It is independent of the work they do for other media outlets and is an opportunity for them to talk about books, movies, television, the media and culture. Trench warfare between Monique Ryan and political staffer, Michael Pascoe: More rubbish about taxing super than youll find at the tip, Review underway as workers pay a deadly price for cheaper engineered-stone bench tops, Australian superannuation funds are top performers globally, Top videos: Ed Sheeran wins hearts at Melbournes Royal Childrens Hospital, The CIAs countless attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a very dignified woman. The thing that most amazes me with Australian Story is how high the quality of the program has been for so long, and how much they do on so few resources. No one is perfect. In the male-heavy industry, Sales said she was lucky all of her bosses gave her opportunities to excel in her career and persuaded her to do things outside her level of expertise. [28] Self-proclaimed chatters or chatterati have formed a Chat 10 Looks 3 community on social media platforms[29] built around the same tenets as the podcast - friendship, kindness, and an agreement to not discuss politics. Why should I pay for that? Thats the first factor. [5] She said she planned to continue working for the ABC. The sparce population of what is now called, rather redundantly, rural and regional Australia meant it would not be a commercial proposition for private enterprise, and thus needed government ownership and subsidy. [v], What Im saying is that our readers and some of our staff cheer us when we take on Donald Trump, but they jeer at us when we take on Joe Biden.. [23] Described by Sales and Crabb as shambolic and peripatetic[24] the podcast episodes are recorded every two to three weeks. But back to Sanders, whom Sales quizzed about Trumps notorious pussy-grabbing comment of 2005, but she didnt put questions to Hillary along similar lines. Leigh Sales grills Scott Morrison over his faith and plebiscite views in final interview before election Prime Minister Scott Morrison fired back at tough questions on his faith and attitude to gay people, saying he is "not running for pope". The ABC is an abomination. But they arent ashamed. And Sales could hardly contain her disdain for Prime Minister Gillard when she began a 7.30 interview with: After recent events, aren't Australians well within their rights to conclude that the Gillard Government is a dysfunctional mess that deserves to be consigned to opposition as soon as possible?. The second factor is that trolls often target big news events because theres already community traction and concern around these events or issues, and perpetrators are more likely to get attention this way. As the hard-hitting face hammering politicians as they worm their way out of curly questions, two-time Walkley Award winning journalist Leigh Sales is one fierce force. Sarah Ferguson interviews Allegra Spender, the Independent MP for Wentworth, a former Liberal stronghold and one of the wealthiest electorates inthe country. Democrat Dynasty. If you can afford a donation, it will help Speakola survive and prosper. European high fashion has traditionally catered to women who are thin, wealthy, and most importantly, white but Edward Enninful, the trailblazing editor of British Vogue, is determined to change that. Since then, Sales has held several prominent roles with the ABC and was New South Wales political reporter covering the 1999 and 2007 state elections. That was a waste of some perfectly good yoghurt, Im afraid., Totally stunned at our house to hear Leigh Sales say shes leaving @abc730 And also happy for her boys, bigger than this photo now, who want their Mum home.

1951 Hudson Hornet Top Speed, Marin County Jail Mugshots, Helena Blavatsky Law Of Attraction, Where Does Tom Oar Sell His Products, Articles L

leigh sales political views

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.