is the ron burgundy podcast over

Don't act like you're not impressed. Everything, I promise you, is simpler than you think. Into the whole thing? Discovery bought our company because they were about to go public, and they wanted to have a really strong digital strategy. The Ron Burgundy Podcast (Podcast Series 2019) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. The easiest example for me is Charlamagne tha God hosting a show called The Breakfast Club out of Tribeca every morning. If its a jump ball, Id love them to use the iHeartRadio app. Yeah, we did a great Decoder episode with Chris Dixon, the lead partner for that stuff at Andreessen Horowitz. Its not like, I spent 95 percent of our time on Will Ferrell. Ron Burgundy! It has resisted this notion that a podcast episode is supposed to be 28 minutes long and have two ad breaks. Were going to buy ads somewhere where someone will push the button and download the episode, the number will go up, and hopefully some of them will stay. Competitive separation, category exclusivity, and share-of-voice conversations suddenly became possible when you could dynamically insert into ad tags. We used Jun Group. You should start one. Google wont give us the time of day. It sounds like you think you have some leverage over the platforms. Will Ferrell was like, Please, please stop running so many ads.. Thats good. Youre still getting the full ad load. NEW YORK - December 3, 2018 - The legendary newscaster Ron Burgundy and iHeartMedia, the No. One hundred and twenty million a month? Theyre killing it right now. Some of that newer distribution has proven out, like podcasting; some of it is Roblox. You just saw it happen. The Ron Burgundy Podcast returns to continue to delight audiences with the comical musings of Ron Burgundy - and leave them wanting more! Was there ever the thought, Hey, as long as were getting listeners in the door and making these numbers go up, some of them will convert and stay? All of the distribution points that we distribute to today through RSS feeds are equal to us in terms of the money we make, because thats just how RSS feeds work. Youd be surprised actually, as much as it may sound nuts, the extent to which youre innovating by iterating many different reads, at many different lengths, and many different placements across a show. Really, really terrible. Ron and Carolina are terrorized by Gilly The Clown, who teaches us about death. The short answer is, no, were growing. The last thing Id say is more of a human thing. This show is also a podcast where we capture the file, distribute it as an on-demand thing, and then it drives upwards of 15 to 20 million downloads a month. Each episode has a different theme in which Ron engages in conversation with another notable person on the topic at hand. There was no digital media when I went to college, let alone podcasting. So I said, All I can tell you is just have your aperture be wide open, man. But that maverick approach has included some controversial steps as well. We have an app of our own. Its been cool. We taped this episode live at Hot Pod Summit. He had a similar trajectory to me; he came from MentalFloss.com 20 years ago. We have this mantra: Any seller can sell anything any day of the week wherever they live and work.. You walk into a holdco in New York and youll say, I know were going to talk about podcasting today. Whats the structure below you to make all this work? Each episode has a different theme in which Ron engages in conversation with another notable person on the topic at hand. Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! Film series [ edit] I mean, aside from the iHeartPodcasts app, obviously. You brought up SEO. They chose a real simple version of it called Really Simple Syndication, RSS feeds. I think the first five or six years of the podcast industry can honestly take credit for several companies that are around today, like Mailchimp, Blue Apron, and probably the mattresses that we all sleep on. The medium. He was like, I believe in this medium. At around 3:15 p.m. Monday, 20-year-old Markus Carter was . In The Rob Burgundy Podcast, the host's chaotic charm meets real-world experts and celebrities. We give a ton of in-show podcast promotion as well. Co-produced with the Big Money Players Network, The Ron Burgundy Podcast was one of the top shows of the year - weighing in at No. In true Ron Burgundy fashion, these conversations have a tendency to go off the rails, and we . IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. I dont know. Its why we widely distribute. Hes going to leave now. After two or three years of just running the podcast division, I was made the CEO of the digital audio group. Episodes. Each episode has a different theme in which Ron engages in conversation with another notable person on the topic at hand. Where it tripped up is with these exclusive distribution models that made sense for streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu, and maybe Prime, because they were solving problems. You start to reverse-engineer all the content you make because that works best on such-and-such platform. Cut to 10 years later, and that has become almost as and in some ways more successful than the source of it, the website. Thats an insanely large but insanely accurate number. That got its own set of executive producers out of LA who shepherd the NextUp program. There are iHeartRadio streaming channels that show up on your electronic programming guide on Roku. And then overlay iHeart marketing across all of it, so we grow the whole thing bigger and be able to make more revenue together. I just dont see it fixing anything thats broken. i want to give the show two stars, but i cant because carolina is a siren and wont let me, also im pretty sure ron would put me on the list. I think they know the effect, long-term, that you have when you stop marketing. Ron takes a stab at the most popular genre of his new chosen mediumthe True Crime podcast. Will Ferrell stopped by almost all of the late-night TV shows to promote the second season of the Ron Burgundy Podcast, . its like having a radio show with magic, or hiring a clown but everyone is wearing blindfolds. A bonus episode that somehow escaped the vault. Carolina Sums Up The Whole Podcast (The Ron Burgundy Podcast) Funny Or Die 3.5M subscribers Subscribe 288 Share 40K views 3 years ago Listen to the full episode here: https://ihr.fm/2WcbhiE. Google and YouTube are awesome. I want you all to download the iHeartRadio app. You came to it through an acquisition. Reviews. I think we can do all the innovating with different kinds of marketers from bigger brands, bigger budgets, and maybe long-term, multi-year campaigns. We do all kinds of advertising models with Malcolm and his team. No credit card needed. When we launched The Ron Burgundy Podcast with Will Ferrell four years ago, we gave him a really big gross radio point push across broadcast radio. I think our stats were something like never more than 1 percent, 2 percent, 2.5 percent of our downloads in any given month. They take our panel listening on the iHeart radio app, look at it by geo-territory and day part, and they tie it back to the shows that youre listening to on air. I think its high attentiveness at scale with partners that weve been able to maintain so far. Actor Will Ferrell said Thursday at the Podcast Movement conference in Los Angeles that he has begun live-taping performances he is doing in L.A. which will serve at the anchor of The Ron Burgundy Podcast 's forthcoming outing. 246 episodes totalling 170 hours, 51 minutes. The Ron Burgundy Podcast is back! Everything will get better, faster, and easier if you parallel-path projects. I ask it of everybody. The second thing we do is spend a lot of time focusing on every show that we have on our network. For sure, we deserve and need it. Paid marketing is still helpful, but like 95 percent of that is Facebook marketing for a specific show if it wants to hit a very specific demographic. The other day, we were talking with Angela Yee, who was a former co-host of The Breakfast Club and has started a new radio show on iHeart called Way Up. What worries me a little bit is that we have this tendency on the internet, and since Ive been working in digital media overall, to have this belief sometimes that I think is false that everything really needs to be a video when it grows up. The toothbrushes were great. The second reason is parallel pathing. Radio is a more ruthless industry than podcasts. Yes, of course we are. In particular, attaching a 1,000-plus-person sales team to a startup usually goes sideways. If you were to ask the n+1 digital marketer, Where is the best place to spend your dollar? Theyre still going to say, A Meta platform, or theyre still going to say, A Google platform. Theyre not going to tell you that you should buy billions of podcast impressions yet. Were starting to use words like cohorts instead of one-to-one targeting. Its confusing and its less effective. In fact, you almost certainly kill true creativity when you hit that moment. The Ron Burgundy Podcast Aug 4, 2022 Peter McIndoe and Tim Heidecker Ron meets with Peter McIndoe to discuss the fact that Birds. Barlow is a writer and producer on the show as well as. Have you had conversations with Spotify about making stuff exclusive? If you dont do this, you will never have the reach you need in digital audio. I know you do. I think thats creator psychology, like, Actually, sometimes its more important for me to have a large listener pool than it is to have a big check. Some of the press recently has focused on that, and I think its smart. Do you look at your distribution endpoints and say, That one is the most lucrative one, and this is a less lucrative one that we should focus on? Hes like, How did you decide what youre going to do? I said, All I can tell you is, and this is where he rolls his eyes, is that the job I have, the industry I work in, didnt exist when I went to college. Its also how we got here. So I dont depend on it, but we have seen some traction there across 10, 12 shows getting optioned and its meaningful, with huge partners in Hollywood. Im like, They dont need to be if they dont want to be. Are you open to video? Inside iHeartMedia, its an audio company. The idea that were going to run ads at scale and on broadcast, that were going to put the local news anchors on the side of buses, this is not this industry. This may be debatable, and may feel like an affront to a lot of folks in the room who live and breathe podcasting as an original medium. But I have learned firsthand and talked a lot about the extent to which broadcast radio talent has honed this craft of conversation over the last hundred years and certainly the last few decades, and the extent to which that has driven our medium, just sheer talent hitting the medium, but also with an awareness of the medium. As that has happened, this thing has come along called audio. And by the way, its not slowing down. Our downloads were 412 million downloads in January, and that was up 12 percent from the month prior. Why is that? The iHeartPodcasts app aside, this is an inherently decentralized medium with lots of different players, lots of different controls, and lots of different monetization schedules. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. Just simplicity. Thanks. Are we mature enough as an industry for every medium-sized network or larger to have one? I wonder how much Im spending on audio marketing? That number is usually nine or 10 percent of their overall investment. Theyre just trying to grow their audience while youre selling the ads. We had a good relationship with Roger Goodell and the league. In podcasting, it is fundamentally different. It hasnt yet hit this moment of reverse-engineering from the platforms its on. I just get a little bit defensive or protective about the other 3,000 shows. You talk about that long tail content, this has borne out some of the most amazing stuff weve made. Because if youre launching new stuff, youve built the archive, you built the library. Otherwise, Id be sitting up here saying, We are really working hard to get everybody on the iHeartRadio app. The business and the economics of podcasting today still sit with the creator and the publisher, because you own the pipe that you distribute your shows through. I love you very much. Aren't. Real. Up or down on NFTs? Do you worry that you dont have the same control? Join Americas favorite Anchorman, continuing to delight audiences with the comical musings of Ron Burgundy and leave them wanting more! We were a medium-sized website trying to explain everything under the sun through medium-sized articles. Its not that being inside Discovery was bad, it was just different. As two easy examples, we have multi-year relationships with Malcolm Gladwell and Pushkin Industries and then with the NFL. Again, streaming was a really obvious example of this for TV streaming companies. Yeah. The third thing they let us do was have a sales team. The Ron Burgundy Podcast A weekly Comedy, Society and Culture podcast featuring Will Ferrell and Carolina Barlow 22 people rated this podcast About Insights Pro Episodes 83 Reviews 11 Creators 15 Lists 9 Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! Who wants to be able to try stuff a lot, make a few mistakes, get it righter and righter, and then hit something big or two or three things. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. The Ron Burgundy Podcast - Podcast Addict The Ron Burgundy Podcast - via Podcast Addict | Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! The Ron Burgundy Podcast 5M ago Will Ferrell reprises his role as Ron Burgundy in the world-famous Ron Burgundy Podcast! Maybe one day you will, but not today. Yes, we do that all the time. Ron Burgundy, the legendary reporter featured in 2004's "Anchorman" film, has a podcast coming to iHeartRadio in early 2019. LOTS of podcasts have ads okay? Bob Pittman can buy Stuff Media and say, You know what? I know that sounds like, eh, its kind of boring. Its not for them, its a multi-billion-dollar business, so I want to be more a part of that. "SmartLess" with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett is a podcast that connects and unites people from all walks of life to learn about shared experiences through thoughtful dialogue and organic hilarity. The first episode of the show launched on February 7, 2019, on iHeart Radio [1]. All of our attention is on audio now because of podcasting. Im very interested in the derivative work potential of podcasts. Crypto company Gemini is having some trouble with fraud. Last year when we were all in this room, we could not stop talking about Spotify. In true Ron Burgundy fashion, these conversations have a tendency to go off the rails, and we find out things . Yeah. We have experimented with Jun Group across the years. This was a year ago, and so now hes like, Whatever, dude. You take the point. On this distribution I make this. Are they yours if theyre subscribed in Spotify? We were actually working and trying to make change together genuinely. It is a centralized medium when it comes to RSS feeds. The Ron Burgundy Podcast: With Will Ferrell, Carolina Barlow, Peter Dinklage, RuPaul. iHeartRadio 1.14M subscribers Listen to the Ron Burgundy Podcast NOW and hear Ron address important issues like bullying and the mind-expanding nature of meditation, and attempts to. A guy did a show out of Alaska where he was one of 20 or 30 people who spoke a dying language. I dont think this is wishful thinking. Ron speaks to Senator Kamala Harris and considers running for president. Broadcast radio is a highly formatted media type. Theres an engineering team that has maybe 100 people at the back end of all of our digital products. I can test exclusive or windowed content there. This one seems like its much more real, and you have a terrestrial radio business that is undergoing its own massive change. To be clear though, theres a whole lot of fluidity between these segments. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. Credits:Ron Burgundy: Host, Writer, Executive Producer, This episode was Engineered, Mixed and Edited by: Nick Stumpf. The first episode of season 4 has dropped on the iHeartMedia Big Money Players network. A podcast from The Verge about big ideas and other problems. Simply put, the whole podcast industry in one sense is just the most amazing, best storytelling group of influencers to hit media in a really long time, so we benefit from there being new attention on the influencer market. Well, we have over $100 million a year in broadcast radio marketing. Theyre mine. Were like, Hey, you should buy podcasting. The Ron Burgundy Podcast was distributed as a show on late Sunday night on broadcast radio too. Were going to build the podcast business by running Will Ferrell at you until youre sick of it, because we control that inventory and we control that distribution.. Be as simple as you can in your answers, in your approaches, in your strategies. But I also think it fundamentally tripped up a little as a business model. Do you care? I think the value of that creative playground to a creator, that is really free and really permissive, cannot be underestimated.. Sometimes they just shuffle it to create change. Its crazy to see your podcast expressed as a series of note cards by the way its very humbling. The Ron Burgundy Podcast. Thats a really cool medium if only it were video. Podcasting is not video. Is there any tension there at all? Ive never seen a medium move from widely distributed, free, high quality, and low to no ad load, move into a paid medium with exactly the same assets. Gmails client-side encryption is now available to more businesses, Whoops! Because you have this new platform thats incredibly cool, and lots of great creators using it, and its 80 million Americans a week. Carolina Barlow: Co-Host, Writer, and Producer. Are you converting off the radio? We have a few minutes left. Everybody in this room has worked damn hard for the last 20 years to get to this point. It has brought in underrepresented creators like nothing else weve done. Then on the other side, you have MrBeast, who literally gives away money to start a hamburger chain that will make him a billionaire. We have a whole newsletter for podcasters. The oldest one, Pierce, is 17. Ill give you an example of a show. Anchorman's Ron Burgundy has netted himself two 12-episode seasons of a new show, The Ron Burgundy Podcast. The Man, The Movie, The Podcast! I choke my audience if I choose to pull my RSS feed out of a distribution app, because people who go there and expect it there wont see it anymore. Both are completely okay and actually really perform well. Yeah, we do too. Its really that simple. In true Ron Burgundy fashion, these conversations have a tendency to go off the rails, and we find out things . The money you might get from overserving the Spotify audience or doing marketing on Spotify to get downloads does not necessarily result in the same return. If you have that framework when you walk into every meeting every creator meeting, every partner meeting, every competitor meeting it changes your whole outlook. Hes like, I want to get as much audience as possible. In true Ron Burgundy fashion, these conversations have a tendency to go off the rails, and we find out things about people we never knew we wanted to know. Then if they want to, we launch their podcast with iHeart Podcast Network. Its always collaborative with their approval. Again, I hate to keep repeating it, but I dont see the problem Id be fixing. Morbid is a true crime, creepy history and all things spooky podcast hosted by an autopsy technician and a hairstylist. That wasnt possible prior. This may be cheesy, but they seem to be genuinely in love with the medium, like we all are. Conal oversees podcasting at a giant radio company, and his group accounts for a quarter of iHearts revenue, which was $1 billion last quarter alone. I will say one more thing. What ensues is a genuinely improvised and authentic conversation filled with laughter and newfound knowledge to feed the SmartLess mind. Hot Pod Summit is where we bring that community of creators, trendsetters, and decision-makers together to explore the latest developments in podcasting, audiobooks, and more. It was a smart move on their part to buy a company like HowStuffWorks.com. Its gone. By the way, 75 percent of that third is broadcast radio. As much as I would love this to be the case, there is no way to get real reach in digital audio unless you contend with and purchase broadcast radio. Producers: Whitney Hodack, Jack O'Brien, Miles Gray, and Nick Stumpf, Political History with Doris Kearns Goodwin. Do you know how hard it is to make a mass-reach medium, that 80 million Americans a week are like, Im going to do that today? Exorcising some demons in Rons man cave. Its good content. I think most podcasters are bad at marketing. Sometimes these restructures are a little bit fake. Is that still who youre pitching to, or are your publicists saying, All right, GM, Will Ferrell is going to read about electrification today? We'll listen to and reviewhttps://www.iheart.com/podcast/the-ron-burgundy-podcast-30270227/Top 10 Women featuring the incomparable RuPauland Christmas Memories podcasts Updated Date: Feb 24, 2023 How did the NFT thing go?

What Happened To Aunt Louie Baby On Snowfall, Thrash Funeral Home Hogansville, Ga Obituaries, A Police Officer Recorded The Speeds Of 100 Cars, How To Tighten Motorcycle Brakes, Vintage Pendleton Labels, Articles I

is the ron burgundy podcast over

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.