357 max rifle

Im sure even more now. My factory Maxi is a 1982 also. I would also point out that IHMSA was a. And if even a Henry is a little rich for your blood, Rossi makes perfectly serviceable pistol-caliber levers that retail in the mid-$500s. Winchester Model 1873. Then came panic buying of guns and ammo due to social unrest, and of course its a an election year. Then you wont be caught short. by Old Ironsights Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:54 pm, Post The revolvers that were built in this caliber are rare, and consistently go for a premium over other Ruger Blackhawks. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Thompson center contender barrel, 357 max, 21" blued at the best online prices at eBay! There are even night sights available from aftermarket suppliers. I was shocked when I found out. of AA-1680 give top velocities and energies for shots upwards of 250 yards or more with 180 gr bullets from 24 barrels. I wish I had known Hornady was going to discontinue them, I would have stocked up on them. The trigger is even really nice for a lever gun and I own a bunch of them. Til inauguration day and beyond, demand will likely increase. If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-. This is well within the expansion range of the slightly larger XTP. Maximum, call Kurt Bellm at 970 433 9525. The availability of molds ranging from 180 to 250 grains in both gascheck and plain-base bullets, reasonable recoil, rimmed for headspace, larger bullet to touch the next ring, there are advantages. Two million signatures needed by Nov 17 to qualify for a 2021 Special Election. True dat. Shipping to your FFL by insured FedEx Ground will be $45. Later, Dan Wesson Firearms made double-action revolvers, and Thompson/Center offered single-shot Contender pistol barrels. The Hodgdon site gives loads for bullets from 110 gr. I made a Magneto V3 adapter on the cheap, Dirt cheap UPS has officially stopped shipping guns. Thus sighted, 125 grain +p 38 special is spot on out to about 50 yards, maybe furtherbut havent tried it. This fire also flowed upwards in such a way that it encountered the inside edge of the revolver topstrap. The resulting airspace does no good. It shoots deadly accurate and has amazingly smooth trigger action. At least it can use use the same bullets as my Smiths. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns, Ruger Blackhawk .357 Maximum, 1983, 10.5-inch, great bore, 95%, layaway, Rossi Model 92 357 Mag, Case Color Receiver. Past 20, pressure drops off and so do velocities. I can even hunt with both in some neighboring states, and do. For me, a Max levergun would only be desirable if it would cycle Mags and possibly Specials as well. (See note on Powders below or read all about various Powders.) Now Rechambering Henry Single Shot .357 Magnum Rifles! marcJ (author) from Mid-MO on July 21, 2015: After becoming accustomed to the cartridge and it's range of uses, I too couldn't believe it never caught on commercially. And of course the popular, accurate Dan Wesson revolvers came out with a long frame, long cylinder Max. Personally I like Blue Dot, and Bullseye for plinking rounds. (Ive been running 7 grains for handgun loads.). 357 max has one of the best resale records out there. I might have read your post incorrectly but I live in occupied Ca and I have a Rossi 92 (1892 clone) and a Taurus 605 both in .38sp/.357. You can find handguns in the .357 Remington Maximum, but prices vary. We will take a look back at a stock revolver and its misunderstood cartridge called the .357 Maximum.Originally conceived by the late Elgin Gates and called the .357 SuperMag, the new round was very straightforward. For sale I have a Harrington & Richardson (H&R) model 158 rifle in .357 Maximum. Discuss. Low supplies and very high demand. Unfortunately it caught the Remlin disease and had to be sent to the ship for some warranty work. Factory triggers dont come much, if any, better than the k frames. Show Only Guns Turned out to be a skunk right underneath my stand. Levers are light, easy to carry with quick target acquisition and reliability. Because of this, many hunters are realizing the potential of the cartridge for hunting medium to large game. 357/38 is the one of the easiest. If you have to use a long-action gun to create a .357 Maximum, then the other easier way to get the .358" bullet going that fast, is just to use a .35 Remington chambered 'factory' levergun. .357 velocities peak in a 16 barrel and decrease thereafter. The Speer Hot Cor 180 soft point shoots lights out and velocities are over 2200 fps. Thompson Center manufactures the Contender in .357 Remington Maximum still. This load generates very close to the SAAMI max of 35k psi. Which chamber to choose? I like all of them, they all have different personalities. NEVER see one at any reasonable price at any LGS. Ive chosen to go with a strategy that includes both firearms that the SASS folks find fascinating and others that cause the antis to have bowel control problems you can cover a lot of bases for just a couple thousand dollars. CONDIT OUR STOCK NUMBER: 13212 CONDITION: NEW IN THE BOX MAKE/MODEL: ROSSI.R-92 ACTION: LEVER RIFLE CALIBER: .357 MAGNUM/.38 SPECIAL BARREL: 24", OCTAGON FINISH: DARK BRAZILIAN HARDWOO ***HARD TO FIND TACTICAL-LEVER .357*** Citadel Levtac-92 lever-action rifle in .357 Magnum. Modern black rifles offer options older firearms cant compete with. I watched him shoot an elk at about 70 yards once behind the shoulder and one through and had complete penetration on both, elk went 20 yards. But muh tactical! you say? That is too bad. No box or papers. Own Stock. The Big Boy Steel Carbine is competing for the top of my wish list I really like the color case hardened version. Why wouldnt you want a .357 Magnum lever action rifle? )(2009 Note: Some of these loads are from 1996 and in the passing years the powder companies have reduced their maximum loads particularly ones that have been around a long time like Unique. They were discontinued for quite awhile and JMs were going for $1200 or more. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?309518-Saddle-ring-carbines-How-do-you-use-the-ring. In a handgun .357 is the upper level of my comfort zone. Every time TTAG runs a lever gun article I want one. This caliber in both the bottle neck and straight wall was a popular "high velocity" for it's day buffalo caliber. I know its not the answer you want, but it gets you to the same place. Second, they take ordinary .357 ammo and produce ballistics youd hardly believe. Build a Ruger#1. The unnecessary cross bolt safety can easily be deleted with a Beartooth Mercantile safety delete kit for $35.00. I really cant eithersure was glad I had 8 30 round mags full of 62 gr 556 as BLM looters were approaching in May. Significantly disappointed and I reopened another repair ticket. It shoots factory PMC 158 gr soft points into a half inch at 50 yards. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. The tactikewl timmys that see all rifles as ARs are missing the point. The .357 Rem. Less than 100 days away now. The most Fun guns I own. With the added velocity and muzzle energy, along with the fact that JHP rounds are easily available from any gun store, whereas frangible or JHP rounds for an AR-pattern rifle are harder to source, it makes one of the best home defense long guns possible. Just picked up a Marlin 1894C at my local gun store. I kept still hoping that they couldnt climb a tree. Thats relevance! .357 Rem. Thanks for your replies. 1. Ps should've gone with 26" would be better. If you can't locate a H&R/NEF in 357 mag a very decent alternative is a Braztech/Rossi made scaled down clone. The last time I was at the range with my marlin in 45-70 all eyes were on meeveryone else shooting the newest AR/AK and here comes this doofus with a lever action thumper. Its cheaper than a lot of other calibers to shoot with minimal felt recoil. allows seating bullets out to create the same case capacity as the published "revolver spec" .357 Maximum loads that have all the bullet shank stuffed into the case, duplicate .350 Legend powder charge weights that should give the same or better ballistics as factory .350 Legend ammo, and. by AJMD429 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:32 pm, Post Designed to use popular handgun calibers, it allowed shooters to carry a single caliber of ammo. The .357 Remington Maximum was conceived primarily as an ultra-velocity, flat-trajectory silhouette cartridge. Im still waiting for someone to make a 357 in. They show up now and again and they are a really fine rifle. MGM's chamber is perfect for the vast majority of hunters and target shooters! My lever lust may remain unquenched. So it partly the pandemic, and partly the Presidential election, and then the riots in major cities across the USA. rounds border on simply dumb when the .357 Maximum is so much more accurate and easier to shoot accurately with its moderate recoil. It's failure as a commercial load does not reflect poorly on it's performance, as it has become increasingly popular for handgun hunters and silhouette shooters alike. The .357 Maximum can be a potentially great cast bullet cartridge. Guns Rifles Harrington Richardson Rifles HARRINGTON RICHARDSON . |regenC|MC Set || Li Mc HIT || || LP Mc HIT ||, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Flintlock Misc, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc, Century Arms International (CAI) - Rifles, Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Rifles (perc), Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single, Winchester Rifles - Pre-1899 Bolt/Single Shot, Century Arms International (CAI) - Pistols, Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal), Colt Single Action Revolvers - Modern (22 Cal. Winchester 1892 Deluxe 357 Magnum Lever-Action Rifle with 24 Inch Octagon Barrel. I have become a fan. Detachable rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and . Ive been looking for a stainless 1894 in 44mag for years. And, re getting it looked at, yes; thing is, there arent too many smiths in my area who are comfortable working on lever-actions (and the ones that are, I dont trust). . Long loaded 357 Mag should still be accurate in the 360 and are great for fun shooting. lever gun that I own and have ever shot, easy on the arms and has some versatility. Industry specs call out a 158-grain bullet at a velocity of 1,800 fps and a 180-grain bullet at 1,530 fps, both from a 10.5-inch vented test barrel. AS ALWAYS, START ABOUT 10% LOW AND WORK UP! It is the perfect .357 Max rifle bullet. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns. With higher-performance loads, the .357 carbine almost delivers real rifle ballistics. 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 6.5 PRC: Which is Better? This year, H&R announced an expansion of its AR-15 lineup, bringing additional "retro" models to the market, including a 9 mm Luger-chambered Colt SMG clone, an M16A2-styled rifle and the carbine-size 723. | Bfh_auto Member Joined: Feb 23, 2016 Messages: 6,502 In single shot rifles or pistols, I would choose the max. If I didnt have to deal with CAs onerous gun registration laws, Id otherwise be glad to offer someone one of my Glock/AR sets for a .357 Mag revolver + rifle. I sold both rather quickly. There were two major complaints with the Max, both having to do with powder gas erosion. And a fun one! Forgot to add. Guys that do this are, shall we saypreoccupied with velocity, which is usually the product of light bullets and fast-burning powder.I believe that a failure to appreciate the complexities of this cartridge, the bullets available for it and the proper propellants applicable were a major reason why it passed early. Granted, it comes rather dear at $1,214 MSRP, but since the name on it is Marlin instead of Winchester, you should be able to pick it up for much less. Id bet the old timers that rode the wild and woolly west would have liked the magnum in a rifle. I have a H&R single shot .357 maximum. My current 357 carbine is a Marlin 94 from 1998. When the gun fired, it behaved like all revolvers in that the powder charge in those long chambers burned at a very high temperature. It is easy to load moderately for closer range shots and lighter recoil. Nosler, the world's finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, & brass. Best place to find squirrels in in a deer stand with a 30-06. A 180-grain version was added, but it was also a hollowpoint. It was even out of warranty and they took care of it no charge. I have. Web the.357 maximum was an effort to give you.357 magnum muzzle velocity at 200 meters. Most 357 mag guns are 16" barrels and some are 20 inch. A . I have been thinking of adding a Henry Big Boy X in .357 to go along with my other lever guns, but Ive heard that .357 can be inconsistent regarding accuracy out of a carbine. Frankly the quality was sinking fast before Remington bought them out, but they went straight off the cliff when they fired all the Marlin workers and took their worn out tooling and put their own Remington workers (with no experience building lever guns) on them. If you don't there are some good old black powder era straight wall cases that you could utilize to make a real deer hunting longer range rifle. While initially offered in .44-40, .32-20 and .38-40 (and discontinued for some time) a new version emerged in 2013 chambered for .357 Magnum/.38 Spl and a hammer block safety for safe carry. Rechamber to .350 Legend from .357 Magnum or .357 Maximum: Add $25 to mill/convert the extractor for the rebated rimless .350 Legendcase rim. Per ballistics charts, and generally speaking due to all the variables from different cartridge loads, a .357 Mag out of a carbine rifle barrel approaches the muzzle velocity and energy of a .44 Mag from a handgun. THE IDEAL TRAINING PLATFORM FOR KIDS. That never happened with Ruger. Features Sig Hard casing (2) Additonal 12 Round mag European American Armory, Windicator, Medium Frame, 357 Magnum, 4" Barrel, Steel Frame, Nickel Finish, Rubber Grips, Fixed Sights, 6Rd. If you start a 140 grain XTP from a 16" .357 carbine at 2000 fps, your retained velocity at 200 will be around 1250- typical handgun muzzle velocity for today's watered-down .357 factory loads. Lever action rifles are fun. Surprised no one has mentioned Smith and Wesson 627 Performance Center 8 shot in 357. Marlin made a name for themselves offering an improved version of the Winchester action starting in the 1880s. It was a long-range shooting sport in which the targets were the silhouettes of game animals cut from steel plate and placed in banks of five at 50, 100, 150 and 200 meters. But what if we wanted the right bullet for the occasional hyena, baboon, wallaby or racoon, say a 180-220 grain soft bullet propelled along at about 1200 feet per second? I never got to shoot either. Ruger, super Blackhawk 357, maximum 10 1/2 inch barrel in excellent condition and fire very little comes with original box and papers. Factory .357 Maximum ammo is no longer sold by the big manufacturers, but the folks at Starline offer new brass cases for reloaders. 30-30 is always a good option. I wonder how the rimless version of the .357 Maximumthe .350 Legendwill fare. I'd hoped the cartridge would be well received by the market, that Marlin would act on chambering their Model 1894 lever action for the .357 Max, but few seemed to appreciate what the cartridge had to offer. No one else offers the wide range of options, steel picatinny rails, and barrel fluting that MGM does. Max. If you want a short-action levergun with similar ballistics, consider: I wouldnt turn up my nose at either. gee how many of us have heard that, for 1,000 times? Put the .357 Maximum in a rifle or a single-shot pistol, and you see a new picture of this cartridge. Shop 357 Magnum ammo online for hunting, self defense, and target practice. Also, at higher velocities, the bullet is able to realize a flatter trajectory meaning longer shots are possible. The Henry Single Shot is one VERY nice little rifle! The world's most powerful firearm database. All you have to do is search the net for, I survived a center-mass shot from a .357 magnum to see all the supporting evidence you need. If a Marlin 336 is a candidate for a successful rebarrel and chamber job in order to use 357 Maximum/Supermag cartridges. Until February of 2020 a person could get a lot of different cheap ( relatively) 38 Special and 357 target ammo. BTW, next to .357 Mag in the combo, my next favorite choice would be the set in .44 Mag. Being forced to use the Winchester Trapper, the horror. The big problem for me was the shape of the Contender grip which caused my hand to shake after just a few shots. The old Ford Pickup had that seatback that folded forward. My revolvers and levers arent in .357 Mag. 38 Special full metal jacket round will hit with the force of 189 pounds of pressure per square foot at a . Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Model 1873 and cowboyskinda synonymous. I think its partly because leverguns are unusual in a sea of sameness, and also because theyve still got a bit of that badass Old West cachet. The Lil Gun and AA1680 are max loads from my searching tho I've seen several claim you can't get enough AA1680 in the case to overload it. Why does a levergun in .357 Magnum make more sense than one in .30-30 in those states? The Speer Hot Cor 180 soft point shoots lights out and velocities are over 2200 fps. So for me, the perfect single-caliber combo would be .357 Mag wheelgun at the hip holster, and lever gun such as one of those shown in the article above. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? So far I've shot 19.0, 20.0, and 21.0 of H110 using Remington 7-1/2 primers and a 180 XTP. . Reloading is a good alternative if you can get the supplies, but from what I read things like primers are becoming harder to find as well. Lil Gun starting at 26 grains and worked up to as much as 30 grains gives top velocities in 24 barrels and good velocities in shorter barrels. The .450 will really put a wallop on your shoulder. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, New For 2023: Harrington & Richardson Retro AR-15s, The Model Of 1903 Springfield: A Collector's Perspective, The Keefe Report: True Velocity's Leap | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Keefe Report: On The Range With An American Hero | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Trust But Verify: Function-Checking Your Guns | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Remington Returns: The Revival Of An Ammunition Giant | An Official Journal Of The NRA, WATCH: 2022 National Sporting Clays Championship | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, WATCH: Colt Python Revolver History | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, I Have This Old Gun: Maynard Carbine | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Winchester Model 12 Riot Gun | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Remington Model 51 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Armed Citizen protected by Smith & Wesson, The Armed Citizen March 3, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen March 3, 2023, BEAR Arms: Making The Switch From Gun Owner to Armed Citizen | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen February 17, 2023, X-Vision Optics Launches Thermal Impact Scope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Veronica Kosich Receives NRA-Sponsored Diana Award at SCI Convention, Henry Supports Fallen Firefighters Foundation | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Freedom Hunters: Giving Back to Americas Veterans through Hunting and the Great Outdoors, Hardware: SIG Sauer P320-XTEN | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rifleman Review: Smith & Wesson M&P12 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Ruger 10/22 Compact | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Rifleman Review: Taurus G3X | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP In 10 mm Auto, Video Review: KelTec P15 Semi-Auto Pistol | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage Stance Pistol | NRA Family, Preview: Leupold 2-10X 30 mm Mark 5HD Riflescope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. Optimize the potentials of the .357 MAGnum by long rethroating the factory chamber. I enjoyed your article. Rimmed cases don't play well with stacked magazines like in the 700 Remington. NEVER JAM BULLETS INTO THE RIFLINGS! Some of the smaller single-action companies produced their version. Fortunately I do have lever guns in .22, .44 and 30-30 so Im not that upset. Speaking of bullets, the .357 is one of the best cast-bullet rounds ever, so add a lead pot, a mould, and a pan of lube to the kit. Even when I was younger I preferred the .357 over the .44. It should be noted the original loadings of the 357 mag were to 45,000 psi, but when the smaller framed 357's came on the market the pressure of the loads was reduced to 35,000 psi. $1,379.99. Customer experience was, and still is, the primary focus, a key to the firms longevity and success. Both cartridges can be practical for hunting midsized, and some large game. The rifle should be able to shoot all the standard lead .357 bullets, including the 148 gr wadcutters. MGM's .357 Maximum chamber has an excellent .358" diameter cylindrical throat, stepped down to .357" far, far superior to factory forcing cone chambers, and very similar to my throating. by Griff Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:22 pm, Post For the more meticulous shooters and those who like to experiment with the widest variety of bullet types. .358" jacketed, .357" jacketed, and cast lead bullets, just ask them to send the barrel to me to chamber for $105 post paid to you, billed separately by me. Just like the CSBL, it has a 16- barrel length and an 8-shot tube magazine, an enlarged loop and swivel studsbut this model also adds a threaded barrel for adding a suppressor. The least amount of trouble would be to buy a 35 Remmington and be done with it.

Aptos Blue Redwood Vs Soquel, Ceramic Bowl For Kneading Dough, Anthony Beastmode Height, Articles OTHER

357 max rifle

Place your order. It is fully free for now

By clicking “Continue“, you agree to our private landlords in marion, ohio and why blackrock interview question. We’ll occasionally send you promo and account related emails.